Soul Calibur 6 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thane

[09] Warrior
at some point.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming...o-bandai-stays-healthy-in-the-console-market/

This is a little old but I just came across it and found it incredibly interesting. here is a choice quotes:
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 and Soul Calibur V were the stars of Namco Bandai’s lineup. Tekken Tag Tournament 2 racked up 1.35 million in sales across the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and Nintendo Wii U. Namco Bandai also sold 870,000 copies of Soul Calibur V over the period, bringing that game’s total up 1.56 million copies. What’s most impressive is that Soul Calibur V continues to steadily sell. Based on Namco’s earnings report for the July through September quarter, Soul Calibur V sold 180,000 copies over the holiday. Impressive for a game that had been out for almost a year and had zero marketing.
Based on sales alone it's pretty sure that we'll see a next gen soul calibur on PS4 and Xbone (WiiU?). What direction do you want the series to go?
I personally would like a reboot. Start all the way back at soul calubur 1.

Man, I hope Soulcalibur 6 - 99999.9 happens.

I cant say what i want in SC6 as far as game mechanics go. Im pretty happy with the way things are with SC5, apart from some hitbox, small balance issues here and there im fine with the way it plays. What i do want to see happen is more attention to character models and single player. It would be nice if everyone had an alternate skin/costume. Better story mode and arcade. Bring back some old single player modes like SC2's "Weaopn Master". Stages from other games as DLC or in game would be cool too.

Oh and Hwang :D

I want a continuation of what they have now. Give the new characters a chance to develop. Add a couple more modes to single player. Add a little bit more unlockable content like 3p character costumes and concept art. Have arcade endings for the characters and maybe, just maybe have the weapon demonstration vids back.

First thing they gotta do with SCVI is to nerf Raph.

f*ck you buddy!

There's a lotta "what do you wish was in future SC games" threads, so i'm going to comment that:
Despite the numerous haters, making their voices heard about SC5, there is still obviously plenty of love showing up and generating realizable profits (which speak louder than hateful words).

Also checking out harada's twitter where they are talking about working to use the ps4/xbox one so thats why they've been relatively quiet

Total sales until March.
SC5 - 1.7 million
TTT2 - 1.5 million
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/...isses-sales-target-soul-calibur-5-doing-fine/

I think we'll get to 2 million with digital download.

SC6 at E3 2013.
attachment.php

I just want a COMPLETE game, make it good, make it like how Tekken tag Tournament 2 was done. I mean TTT2 was amazingly complete, character content, biographies, customization was lacking compared to SC5's but just a complete game with all the features online, and offline you could want.

Soul Calibur has different potential over other fighting games, and that being "IT ACTUALLY HAS A STORY LINE!" And quite and interesting one at that, which is why to me, as a kid, I always chose Soul Calibur first above other fighting games like Guilty Gear, tekken, and Dead or Alive. Soul Calibur to me has an on-going story which really helps you relate to the characters, and put them into a timeline to understand them better. More so than how Virtua Fighter is, where it's "Oh hey, I'm a random sumo wrestler! And I'm your stereotypical Karate guy..." Soul Calibur characters are memorable.

Total sales until March.
SC5 - 1.7 million
TTT2 - 1.5 million
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/...isses-sales-target-soul-calibur-5-doing-fine/

I think we'll get to 2 million with digital download.

SC6 at E3 2013.
attachment.php
nice, thanks for the current numbers.

I wonder what it is that continues to drive sales for the series? If I had to guess I'd day it's the power of the character creator. People see CAS pics/vids all over the place and want in on the action.

also, ya I'd love an announcement at E3 but I'm not holding my breath. Maybe next year?

I'm down for some SC6. I really like 5 and am still playin it after a year. All it would take is bringing back some of the old styles, add a new character or two and add more moves for each character and I'd be nerdgasming all over myself. You can belieeeee daat.

nice, thanks for the current numbers.

I wonder what it is that continues to drive sales for the series? If I had to guess I'd day it's the power of the character creator. People see CAS pics/vids all over the place and want in on the action.

also, ya I'd love an announcement at E3 but I'm not holding my breath. Maybe next year?

Bless those CASers.
Likely a huge price cut to make it attractive as a fun dress-em-up beat-em-up.

Luckily SC isn't stuck in a logjam of hand-to-hand fighters.

ya other then CAS (which seems to be huge and is fun ;) I'd say tournaments may have played some role as well. Getting the game on screen and having people see it, talk about it, ect... can't ever hurt. I don't even want to count how many times I've gotten salty and sold Marvel only to buy it again a month later. smh.

Still tho... I have no clue where these people are. been trying to play SC5 the last 3 days and it's like pulling teeth just to find a match. And to think I wanted to go back to SC4... lol. ohwell. Hopefully they get rid of meter and focus less on combos in SC6.

i think for SC6 they should go off of the arc of Soul Calibur going berserk trying to purify. it could be an interesting take on the series since its always been about soul edge going berserk trying to corrupt.

Alpha Pat could be the main villain, Setsuka could return to try to stop her student, Talim could return...hell... make all the missing SC4 characters return.

at its core though, i wanna see 40+ characters (only 1 mimic character), a real story and SC3 game modes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back