Soul Calibur 6 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
The SC series is not a necessarily a story driven series, its a fighting game. And while it pays a lot more attention to its world and characters then damn near any other fighter, one must remember that the story is usually driven by what the designers want to do with the series, not the other way around. I think SCVI will take place after SCV (since IT was essentially a reboot) and i HOPE it has Cassandra :)
Guess we'll have to wait and see. :)

SC6 talk... guess it's reason enough to chime in... especially with E3 behind us and absolutely no proof of it's existence.

Firstly... Soulcalibur Army of Darkness... really people? Harada had to be just trollin. He probably had recently watched the movie and we know he likes chainsaws... anyway, its not real, not gonna happen. As for an Army of Darkness movie remake / sequel, that is happening.

Project Soul does on occasion accept input from fans. But usually they listen to whoever has the mic, be it the morons who use to work at 1up.com (blame them for star tards), or the gameplay-is-all-that-matters crew at tournaments. Sadly, listening to the idiots at 1up grabbed them more sales, and accepting only input from the tourney crew resulted in a game that brought nothing to the lore of the series. As a result of these two sources alone, they have completely lost touch with the average fan of the series.

Anyway the only way the next game in the series can hope to appease the most fans IMO is to make a complete and total reboot. Preferably darker, grittier, yet still true to the core story of Soul Edge.

Project Soul does on occasion accept input from fans. But usually they listen to whoever has the mic, be it the morons who use to work at 1up.com (blame them for star tards), or the gameplay-is-all-that-matters crew at tournaments. Sadly, listening to the idiots at 1up grabbed them more sales, and accepting only input from the tourney crew resulted in a game that brought nothing to the lore of the series. As a result of these two sources alone, they have completely lost touch with the average fan of the series.

This is not entirley true. When SC5 was first heard of. There were several of us dedicated players that sat down and compiled a list of improvments/ideas for each individual character. I can you tell with absolute certainty that most of our suggestions are in the game. And I am not by any means a tourney player at all. Now high level players did write the guide and had a huge hand in testing and things like that. But it was not built around tourney players exclusivly

You gotta give Namco credit where credit is due and not look on them as a greedy money hungry company. All companies need money to survive and the decisions made during SC5's development catered to that (rather they hurt us the players, or not).

People seemed to have this ideal that "They didnt make this game the way I wanted". Well there are several hundreds of thousands of people that play this game. Cant please em all

This is not entirley true. When SC5 was first heard of. There were several of us dedicated players that sat down and compiled a list of improvments/ideas for each individual character. I can you tell with absolute certainty that most of our suggestions are in the game. And I am not by any means a tourney player at all. Now high level players did write the guide and had a huge hand in testing and things like that. But it was not built around tourney players exclusivly

You gotta give Namco credit where credit is due and not look on them as a greedy money hungry company. All companies need money to survive and the decisions made during SC5's development catered to that (rather they hurt us the players, or not).

People seemed to have this ideal that "They didnt make this game the way I wanted". Well there are several hundreds of thousands of people that play this game. Cant please em all

I agree with you to an extent. You really can't please all the people all the time. I may not LOVE SC5 but it wasn't a horrid game. It was okay. Could have been better but for now, it's just fine and if there is a 6th game, I'm sure it'll be better.

If Namco allows Project Soul to include fan input on what they should include in the game, I think that they should do it in the form of a poll. That way people get to vote on what they'd like to see added in the game and PS can pick the top 3 to include.

There would be a MASSIVE theoretical debate if they did that, which could turn very ugly & dramatic. Something that people really love spectating.

Why not? TK x SF is doing that....Except they use their entire list to determine it rather than the top three (Which I think are a shoe-in for the spot, I could be wrong).

There would be a MASSIVE theoretical debate if they did that, which could turn very ugly & dramatic. Something that people really love spectating.
Well yeah of course I'm not saying something like that wouldn't happen but I still think it would be a good idea. At least then, it would feel more like they listen to the fans (be it casual & hardcore) and it would be fair.

The 3 things that i would like in SC6 is a+k moves, meterless guard impact, and more shakeable stuns like how Soul Calibur 4 was.

The 3 things that i would like in SC6 is a+k moves, meterless guard impact, and more shakeable stuns like how Soul Calibur 4 was.

A+K and shakeable stuns? i can say i've never heard that request before lol. to be honest i hated shakeable stuns, they just made the game a bit tedious for me. the A+K is an awkward input, glad it's gone. i'm kinda on the fence about meterless GIs, i think the game is better for making you pay for GIs but i don't really like the JG mechanic so....yeah.

I liked A+K because it opened up more slots more the movesets. My character's 22K series would actually be useful if I could do them the SCIV way (a+kA, a+ka2A, etc.) instead of dealing with that added ten frames for stepping that makes the move moot. With A+K inputs Sieg could have a nice i15 punisher. a+k(A), SCH KK for about 50 damage and would have expanded on his meter game but with series is limited to 22/88 witch makes it just about useless since all the moves come out way too slow from step.

You don't have to use a quick step to do 8wayrun moves. You can just walk forward/backwards for a couple of frames and slide the directional input instead of quick stepping for 10.

It still slows down the input. If I wanted to use 22k(A) as an i15 punisher that method would still make it slower than i15... But I'm not going to waste anymore time on this point. Talking to you is never productive.

Yeah, it's a shame Siegfried doesn't have any good i15 punishers. With that being said here is my SOULCALIBUR 6 WISHLIST FOR SIEGFRIED:

1. Make him top tier like in the other Soulcalibur games without these unnecessary nerfs/whiffs.

2. Give him back his ice armor. He looks way cooler and more intimidating in it.

3. Give him a real sword like Soulcalibur or Soul Edge so that he isn't emo. Would make him way more manly.

4. His Japanese voice shouldn't be Link. Link is bad in every fighting game.

5. Possibly make his character design more like Cloud/Sephiroth from FF7

If I was on the other side, (meaning being the one making the game) I don't think I could resist hearing you guys out for all the things you could possibly want for the new generation of gaming (or SCVI in general). I would be more focused on players for their thoughts, suggestions, wishes, & go all out on benevolence for player-wise. For SCVI, I would try to make the game seem unending in a way for gamers. Not where it's like "oh that's it, time to throw it aside, I beat it".

I don't know about you guys, but the quantity of SCV seemed too low for me. PVP, LS mode, CAS, & an extremely short selfish story mode was all I saw about SCV (Which is the reason why I left the game a long time ago, then again I still lurk around it, hoping). I wish I knew what's holding SC back so far, that it had to get rid of its quantity which meant to me the majority of its quality. Before that, it was lower in SCIV (CAS, PVP, & Story Mode). However in my opinion, I kinda thought SCIV was better then SCV (It doesn't make sense why though).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back