Soul Calibur 6 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
So who's excited about possible guest characters? I know some people hate them but guests are essentially a part of the series' brand now so they're to be expected. It will be interesting to see who makes it into SC6...
I against any guest characters in SCVI. I don't need another Yoda, Ezio, Necrid, Spawn, tekken characters and other crap however if Namco release them as just customization parts for Cas i am fine.

Have you watched this anime? Have you watched battle scenes in this anime? How Sailor Moon franchise would be really cool as a 2d fighting game with such small limited movesets? Can you imagine this?

I own a few blu ray box sets, actually. I think they would have a sufficient amount of moves. The characters had at least one new move every other story arc, after all. Even if they did have a limited amount, this can give developers some creative freedom to do some really cool stuff with it.

I was under the misconception that you thought all 2d fighting games were crap.

Anyway, let's agree to disagree and move on.

I never considered Geralt but he would be great I think, the signs would be hard to incorporate though.

The hunter from Bloodborne (or better yet Gherman) and/or 2B would be great too.

Lets hope the announcement will be at TGA. It wasn't debunked, just that Geoff's specific quote was taken out of context.

If those concepts hinted by the leaker are actually a thing, Natsu may have a very different moveset than Taki. I think the only one you should be truly concerned about is Pyrrha, assuming that she comes back, because both of her movesets in SC5 resemble a lot Sophitia's and Cassandra's, whereas the sisters and Patroklos manage to be quite original, specially Patroklos. Leixia is unlikely to return anyway, and Xiba, while also unlikely, can easily bring a new staff moveset.
1. Regarding the Alexandras:
I think it is universally accepted that Sophitia is the default sword/shield greek. She's got a pretty safe moveset wise. There is the question of who inherits the signature Omega Sword and Elk Shield.

Pyrrha can fall back on the Pyrrha Omega moveset (and can be the Nightmare to Sophitia's Siegfried) which would be savage and reckless. Get rid of her double nemesis step (her version of Sophitia's TAS) however. Her monster-arm can be used a lot more creatively.

Cassandra: I feel like she's the odd one out. Her identity is (imo) a flirtier version of Sophitia and she appears to be more willing to use her shield to bash her opponents compared to the other Alexandra women. How else can you describe Cassandra except in her contrast to Sophitia?

Patroklos: I cannot stomach him returning with Alpha Patroklos' moveset for personal reasons. His regular SC5 moveset seemed to be more an accessible beginner friendly moveset that has an efficient military feel to it. It is unique enough to be welcomed back. However, his canon-story suggests that Patroklos is some genius prodigy, and is able to pick up drastically different weapon styles in a short time (mastered his mother and setsuka's discplines) and he also has his shield smashed by EIN. I could see him also getting a huge weapon change.

- Perhaps a bastard sword (a hand-and-half sword intermediate in size between his Arcadia sword and Siegfried's zweihander)?
- I'd love to see a morningstar flail + shield combination but Patroklos doesn't seem brutal enough to pull it off
- Maybe a sabre ? He had a 2p concept art with a sabre + shield.

2. Regarding the ninjas:
I agree that it's going to be pretty easy to differentiate between Taki + Natsu, considering you could have a more demonic-arahabaki moveset which would have more super-powers. For weapons, maybe introduce the sai? I liked the aGI potential of that particular weapon that that there are different ways to hold it (kinda like how Zwei holds his special sword by the hilt or guard)

3. Regarding staffs:
I'd like to see 3 section staff for one of them. Maybe retire Kali-yuga, and since Kilik is such a martial arts master, that he is able to pick up a new weapon style. Or Xiba can be "influenced" by maxi and wield the 3 section staff instead. I don't see enough difference that Xiba brings if he maintains a staff user, despite his wild-child persona.

4. Regarding Jians:
I agree: I think Leixia is most similar to Xianghua, especially since Xianghua originated as a a youthful swords woman trope. If they both return, it is likely Xianghua changes her moveset over Leixia.

1. Regarding the Alexandras:
I think it is universally accepted that Sophitia is the default sword/shield greek. She's got a pretty safe moveset wise. There is the question of who inherits the signature Omega Sword and Elk Shield.

Pyrrha can fall back on the Pyrrha Omega moveset (and can be the Nightmare to Sophitia's Siegfried) which would be savage and reckless. Get rid of her double nemesis step (her version of Sophitia's TAS) however. Her monster-arm can be used a lot more creatively.

Cassandra: I feel like she's the odd one out. Her identity is (imo) a flirtier version of Sophitia and she appears to be more willing to use her shield to bash her opponents compared to the other Alexandra women. How else can you describe Cassandra except in her contrast to Sophitia?

Patroklos: I cannot stomach him returning with Alpha Patroklos' moveset for personal reasons. His regular SC5 moveset seemed to be more an accessible beginner friendly moveset that has an efficient military feel to it. It is unique enough to be welcomed back. However, his canon-story suggests that Patroklos is some genius prodigy, and is able to pick up drastically different weapon styles in a short time (mastered his mother and setsuka's discplines) and he also has his shield smashed by EIN. I could see him also getting a huge weapon change.

- Perhaps a bastard sword (a hand-and-half sword intermediate in size between his Arcadia sword and Siegfried's zweihander)?
- I'd love to see a morningstar flail + shield combination but Patroklos doesn't seem brutal enough to pull it off
- Maybe a sabre ? He had a 2p concept art with a sabre + shield.

2. Regarding the ninjas:
I agree that it's going to be pretty easy to differentiate between Taki + Natsu, considering you could have a more demonic-arahabaki moveset which would have more super-powers. For weapons, maybe introduce the sai? I liked the aGI potential of that particular weapon that that there are different ways to hold it (kinda like how Zwei holds his special sword by the hilt or guard)

3. Regarding staffs:
I'd like to see 3 section staff for one of them. Maybe retire Kali-yuga, and since Kilik is such a martial arts master, that he is able to pick up a new weapon style. Or Xiba can be "influenced" by maxi and wield the 3 section staff instead. I don't see enough difference that Xiba brings if he maintains a staff user, despite his wild-child persona.

4. Regarding Jians:
I agree: I think Leixia is most similar to Xianghua, especially since Xianghua originated as a a youthful swords woman trope. If they both return, it is likely Xianghua changes her moveset over Leixia.
Natsu's PR concept featured her with dual short swords (not sure the name but they're definitely not kodachi). I think that would work.

That kind of depends on the direction they're going with this anyways.
You mean whether they'll continue onward with the time skip or do a recon? True :/ I like the time skip idea honestly, it was just executed badly.
Didn’t Voldo show signs of aging as well? Because I swear he did a little bit.
I think he was pretty old when he was introduced lol. Like fifties-sixties? As for aging, if he's not malfested while serving under Graf Dumas/Nightmare who's entire army is made up of malfested, then he should be aging.

You mean whether they'll continue onward with the time skip or do a recon? True :/ I like the time skip idea honestly, it was just executed badly.

I think he was pretty old when he was introduced lol. Like fifties-sixties? As for aging, if he's not malfested while serving under Graf Dumas/Nightmare who's entire army is made up of malfested, then he should be aging.
Yeah he’s 67 years old as of SCV, but his bio doesn’t state he’s immortal. I guess Voldo is never brought into the equation because we’ve never gotten a good look at his full face. Still pretty weird to see him still be flexible at his age but I guess I can take that as a positive.

Is that the guy from mkx
No that’s Bo’ Rai Cho. One of the DLC characters.

9C646D4B-6697-4FB6-976B-D462114782E2.png

Actually, come to think of it, are the weapons Natsu is using in the concept art the wakizashi? I did a search to find what they are and they look pretty damn close.

Here's the SCVI concept of Natsu.
Here's the SCV version for comparison.
Kodachi.
Wakizashi.

I wasn't sure of the name, but this combined with the other two concepts portraying her with different styles heavily implies her shift in how she fights. Is this the name the weapon she's using now?

Had to spend several hours getting up to speed from page 220-something before commenting! XD

Anyway, I’m very excited for Soulcalibur VI as well! It was very awkward to be reminded of many things that I agreed with, indirectly hated, or have a new understanding of, especially regarding SCV.

I’ll try not to go off on a tangent but my nature is to be extremely detailed so it likely will happen anyway.

I’d come to read all the recent information starting from @Vergeben’s primary leak, especially mentioning the concept of neo-style switching applicable to every character (and its negative effect on development). And I’m a bit surprised at myself, being a passionate Tira advocate and player and loving the gameplay effects on the direction she’s taken from III to V, but I truly don’t like how the idea sounds. For this new assassin character and his closest likeness in style being Darth Maul, I can understand him being another character with this kind of development, but for the others? Not for me. But of course, I’m not in charge and am ready to adapt.

Speaking of SCVI's music, you know what would be cool?
If they brought on guest musicians again like they did on SCV, but got Hitoshi Sakimoto and Keiichi Okabe to do some music for it.
Oh that sounds so nice — if Yuki Kajiura and any of her associate vocalists came in to contribute some work I would just faint.

If Setsuka is back, and i hope she will, i hope she'll look more like her SC3 form than her SC4's. Black haired with traditional Japanese outfit, dat's da best Setsuka.
I can’t help but agree with @SSfox and others on this. However, I can’t remember where I’d read this and it was at the time between III and IV, but I was under the impression that the geisha motif was considered offensive and was not encouraged to be promoted again. Not until I studied geisha and Japanese culture did I understand why, but she certainly was very whorish in comparison to the traditional garb (but I looooooooved it).
Continuing on the topic of Setsuka for a while, firstly, I loved her demure, casually aristocratic 2P outfit from IV and would pray that (and same goes for Ivy) something similar forces its way back in.
But more importantly, I’m confused on such arguments against Setsuka returning to VI under the guise of only being revered for her tits and not her fighting style, not utilizing her parasol in another way, only being concerned about Mitsurugi, and things of that nature.
This is not a popular series of events but I’ll still share personal experiences:
• I was attracted to Setsuka not for her sexual figure, but from watching the opening cinematic of III — my thought process was “oh sh** there’s a geisha in Soulcalibur?” and then “F**K that’s an umbrella with a SWORD!!!”
• I don’t think that outside her opening and ending poses, the focus is supposed to be on the parasol. The 3 or 4 (that I can remember, it’s been years) more obvious moves (obvious meaning it’s actually opened) she’s given seem to be much safer in comparison to if her moveset became too flashy just to show off, “Yeah it’s an umbrella! Look!” The use of the parasol that she did make use of being removed for aPat was actually very frustrating to me, though, and made me dislike him further outside of personality.
• Her concern with Mitsurugi not having any relation to the swords never truly bothered me — she’s certainly no main character of mine, but I wouldn’t be removing her for it.

So who's excited about possible guest characters? I know some people hate them but guests are essentially a part of the series' brand now so they're to be expected. It will be interesting to see who makes it into SC6...
I have to admit that I roll my eyes at another unavoidable guest, but that doesn’t mean I’m completely against Dante or Bayonetta.

I’m just a bit concerned about Tira and Viola. Of course understandably some people can’t handle Viola but if I had to deal with SCV-Natsu’s craziness, I’m sure everyone can adapt to their own personal nightmares. But Tira has been my primary project since III and I’m just a little fearful that she’s going to be given the treatment of Tekken’s Anna Williams — constant progression through games and what could be considered a prominent role in the story even as a supporting character, but chopped with no explanation.

3. Regarding staffs:
There is only one character who should use staff it is Kilik. Who is it Xiba? I never played him in SCV. Naginata is different weapon so Seong Mi-na may return with moveset different from Kilik.

All I gotta say is they had better put Hwang, Yun-Seong, or a new equivalent character in or I will be so very, very sad.

Yun-Seong placing in the top half of the character popularity poll gives me some hope, but I dunno...

I honestly just want SC4 Mitsu back with SC5 Mitsu's 6B and 66B series. His stance play was the best it's ever been and his aGI's were truly satisfying to get off. I would really like to see a lot more characters have some sort of transitional stance play. If they were to introduce a 3 section staff type weapon it'd be perfect to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back