Soul Calibur 6 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I din't say the game was bad with diversity, just that I wanted a bit more racial diversity that's all. I also would like a character from India being included.
Aaah. That kind of comment is easy to read as "This series isn't diverse enough", sorry if I sounded rude.

Aaah. That kind of comment is easy to read as "This series isn't diverse enough", sorry if I sounded rude.

It's okay, SC is one of the best fighters when it comes to a diverse cast. I once wondered if they would go the Tekken route of giving each character their native language, but the trailer shows that's not the case.

It's okay, SC is one of the best fighters when it comes to a diverse cast. I once wondered if they would go the Tekken route of giving each character their native language, but the trailer shows that's not the case.
I actually got kinda cheesed of by that. I finally get a swedish character in a videogame where they talk their native language, but because the character is half-japanese he speaks japanese instead. Without even a noticable accent or anything.

I actually got kinda cheesed of by that. I finally get a swedish character in a videogame where they talk their native language, but because the character is half-japanese he speaks japanese instead. Without even a noticable accent or anything.

Lars and Josie are where they really dropped the ball imo.

Personally, I actually just didn't like the choice at all. I just wish it could be optional.

...Really? The series has filipinos, chinese, japanese, Zasalamel, greeks(who are also actually turks), french people.... the list goes on and on. The series is stupidly diverse and certainly doesn't need "a bit more diversity". If you want a black character, just say so. Myself, I'd spring for a an indian, since the series actually lacks one.
There are no molluscs in the games at all. I for one really hope we finally get a squid character for once. The series is like 98% mammals for christ's sake.

There are no molluscs in the games at all. I for one really hope we finally get a squid character for once. The series is like 98% mammals for christ's sake.

*coughs* SoulCalibur 3....

latest

They're going to reveal something a 11 AM GMT according to their Japanese website, which is only an hour and a half away. Hopefully we'll get more characters.
They're revealing something at 11 AM GMT? Which is an hour and a half away? I'm on GMT time and it's 12:30 AM right now so... 11 AM is 10 and a half hours away haha :')

Its welcome that they are returning the series to its roots while keeping things fresh at the same time. Very excited to see how things pan out over first few months of 2018.

Remember who got the idea of Animal Souls first, guys? ;) ME
Actually, characters have had "animal motif" throughout the series. It's especially prevalent in SC4, they just never incorporated it into the characters aside from aesthetics.

Mitsurugi = Tiger
Hilde = Wolf
Tira = Crow
Raphael = Bat
Voldo = Spider
Dampierre = Toad
Cervantes = Octopus
Yun-seong = Koi
Talim = Cat
Maxi = Dragon
Kilik = Phoenix
Siegfried = Griffin
Nightmare = Unicorn
Xiba = Monkey
Taki = Demon
ZWEI = Werewolf
Zasalamel = Scarab
Yoshimitsu = Ammonoid
Patroklos = Lynx/Caracal
Rock = Bear/Bull/Elephant/Mammoth/Sabretooth/Rhyno/Dinosaur
EdgeMaster = Lion
Olcadan = Owl
Lizardman = ...Lizard... Man?
Algol, Astaroth and Ivy seem to share snake/cobra theme.
Some may be connected to flowers; Xianghua/Leixia, Mina, Amy/Viola (rose/violet), Setsuka (cherry blossom), Sophitia (grape vine).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back