Soul Calibur 6 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I first thought she had a different VA, but listening to it more it does sound like her SCIV voice but toned differently. Especially with her grunts and screams, she sounds very different. However, I do think the VA may be the same.

For Mitsurugi though his voice does sound completely different, I hear Matthew Mercer too as someone else previously stated.
Same happened with SCV Nightmare: the tone is different (and malfested xD) but you can hear quite clearly Charles Klausmeyer. So I too believe that it's the same VA but played differently in order to stick to the character's personality/age/story.

*coughs* SoulCalibur 3....

latest
looks sick!

There are a lot more people playing on console than on PC though. About 2 million sales on PS4 and Xbox, versus only 300,000 steam sales. I would rather play online on PS4 just because there are more people to beat
Tekken had more sales on PC than Xbox One though. It's all going towards a trend of people getting it for PC because it's simply just better.

So maybe Sophitia's gods stop being lazy, and finally decided to do something. Took pity on Sophitia's fate, and decided to change it as a reward for being so loyal to them. They keep making emphasis when Sophitia calls for her gods in the videos.

That sounds really clever indeed ! Multiple fates according the will of the gods (Hephaistus in that case) .

Tekken had more sales on PC than Xbox One though. It's all going towards a trend of people getting it for PC because it's simply just better.

Oh yeah definitely, I just tacked xbox on there because I knew their accumulative total, but I didn't know how much Ps4 sold on its own, and I'm lazy and didn't wanna google it. Still, more players on PS4 though.

Oh yeah definitely, I just tacked xbox on there because I knew their accumulative total, but I didn't know how much Ps4 sold on its own, and I'm lazy and didn't wanna google it. Still, more players on PS4 though.

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=tekken+7

Tekken 7 sold over 1 Million on PS4 & XB1 sold about 20% as much PS4. VGChartz only does physical retail sales.

PC is definitive platform for all your favorite games.

The VA sounds fine to me. Mitsu is indeed different which makes me sad, but the new one sounds very good so I'l get use to it. Not so sure is sophitia is different or not, but to me, she sounds better here than in past games.
Take a look at the old mitsu voice for comparision, he has indeed a new VA.

2c9670e1bd0a096de105f20cdffceb7b.jpg

Mitsu glows red after blocking a non Guard Crush but 'V Triggered' attack. What mechanic is this hinting at?

Thank you Frayhua, queen of fact checking

I'm a guy. Setsuka is my favorite Soul Calibur character.

The VA sounds fine to me. Mitsu is indeed different which makes me sad, but the new one sounds very good so I'l get use to it. Not so sure is sophitia is different or not, but to me, she sounds better here than in past games.
Take a look at the old mitsu voice for comparision, he has indeed a new VA.

I always prefer the Japanese voices.

2c9670e1bd0a096de105f20cdffceb7b.jpg

Mitsu glows red after blocking a non Guard Crush but 'V Triggered' attack. What mechanic is this hinting at?

I think that's the Reversal Edge. It's red for Mitsu and it auto guards lows, but loses to Guard Breaks. For Sophitia, it's pink with a similar auto guard mechanic, but it also loses to Guard Breaks.

I think that's the Reversal Edge. It's red for Mitsu and it auto guards lows, but loses to Guard Breaks. For Sophitia, it's pink with a similar auto guard mechanic, but it also loses to Guard Breaks.

No, he blocks this then gets hits with the GB, then he parries the next attack and enters the parry stance.

7a5f828fcb0d8ebd4f83ef99e770754e.jpg

He also does the Parry flash while he's recovering from Sophie's GB, which might indicate this is no a JG mechanic.

So I'm on my 50th watching of the PSX trailer and I definitely think Sophie's voice actor is the same as the past couple games, she just is speaking in a more upbeat tone. Makes me wonder that if the story mode will indeed span multiple games, will we see Sophitia's personality change over the course of that? That would be so cool imo.

Does having new characters in the timeline of the past games suggest that the time is going to be altered in some way?

No, he blocks this then gets hits with the GB, then he parries the next attack and enters the parry stance.

7a5f828fcb0d8ebd4f83ef99e770754e.jpg

He also does the Parry flash while he's recovering from Sophie's GB, which might indicate this is no a JG mechanic.

Mitsu blocks Sophitia's 6A and gets hit with the Soul Charge enhancement of 6A which is a guard break. The string is like Pyrrha Omega's 6B[BE]. Then, Mitsu uses Reversal Edge to recover from the guard break to block Sophitia's BB. Sophitia does 3A+B and it's Soul Charge enhancement is for a 3rd hit to be a Guard Break. Mitsu trys Reversal Edge again, but loses. This proves that Reversal Edge loses to Guard Break attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back