Soul Calibur: Broken Destiny -Story Discussion

PhilBond

[09] Warrior
Let's see what we can figure out about the story in this game so-far. I see two major items from which to draw conclusions:

#1: Image of Dampierre (Link, because the image is huge and you've already seen it.)

What can we infer from this? His emblem has a lot to it. Card suits, a frog crown, a skull (pirate?), and a mustache on the frog just like his mustache. Does the frog represent him? Is he a pirate leader? Rival to Cervantes?

#2: New fused version of Soul Edge and Soul Calibur, visible on the banner in the background of this interview. (I haven't seen a clean image of it anywhere else.)

I infer from this that one way or another, Soul Edge and Soul Calibur were brought together, which awakened Algol as described in his profile (and canonizes his appearance as a boss). He was defeated, and the entities that are Soul Edge/Soul Calibur/Nightmare/Siegfried/Algol are all tied up inside of it, until known otherwise. Siegfried is shown in new promotional stills to promote "Broken Destiny," but that doesn't guarantee his survival in the storyline, because this new sword might not appear until later in the new story mode.

Of course, if I can step outside of the story: they'll never be rid of Siegfried and Nightmare. They're too cool.

Dampierred doesn't look anything like a pirate to me. I can see where you get the idea of him being pirate because of the skulls, but Amy has skull earrings. She isn't a pirate. Same with Tira, shes got skulls somewhere on her clothing, she isn't a pirate either.

I have to agree with the idea of Dampierre being a hyped down version of Algol, as another person mentioned in the other Soul Cal: Broken Destiny topic.

Raphael may be a bit silly, but a lot of that is in his actual attitude as seen in motion. Dampierre really raises the bar for silliness. You'd have to custom-make a jester if you wanted to top him. I enjoy the idea of a possible gambling motif in his move set, like the high failure rate for Tira's state change moves, or (if I may deviate to Smash Bros) Mr. Game & Watch's forward special hammer move with the random 1-10 strength value, represented on his little sign. We all play guessing games with our opponents. If the idea is to keep your opponent guessing, who cares if the attacker has to guess and read a little of their own moves too? I'd play that character.

i HOPE dampierre is silly :S i've been hoping for more hella odd characters than just yoshi and voldo.
Definitely, and he really looks like he can fill that role and be even creepier then Voldo.
In regards to Dampierre's story (Sounds like a Wet Vampire, wtf?) - It looks like he'd want soul calibur/soul edge just to sell so he can buy more chairs.

Dampierre could also be a 'jack-of-all-trades,' and end up being a Olcadan-type character... or like Seth, who incorporates other characters' moves into his own movelist.

I'm still holding out hope for ORLY to make a comeback, though!

Chaircalibur, awesome. (Yeah, I'm a dick.)
Someone said he's probably going to inherit Algol's move list, which sounds likely. Arm blades and projectile coins and whatnot.
Yes. Chairs. I explained his plot and motivation, it cannot be denied. He's a chair fighter. Arm blades are for show.
Though honestly. Would you rather have him fight with armblades or summon chairs to hit people with? The answer is obvious.

I also want to point out that it looks like Hilde is on some of his coins. Probably meaningless, but maybe he's also from Wolfkrone. Or maybe he's a hardcore RO character everyone will hate and want to ban.
They made low tier new chars for SC3, and people wanted better.
They made high tier ones for SC4, and you all hate it.
I wonder what it'll be now 8D

Yes. Chairs. I explained his plot and motivation, it cannot be denied. He's a chair fighter. Arm blades are for show.
Though honestly. Would you rather have him fight with armblades or summon chairs to hit people with? The answer is obvious.

I also want to point out that it looks like Hilde is on some of his coins. Probably meaningless, but maybe he's also from Wolfkrone. Or maybe he's a hardcore RO character everyone will hate and want to ban.
They made low tier new chars for SC3, and people wanted better.
They made high tier ones for SC4, and you all hate it.
I wonder what it'll be now 8D

Oh I thought he meant different chars, like characters. Chairs? Badass. B throw is: summon chair, bash them over the head, then stroke mustache.

CF would be an exact clone of Algol's (even him doing all the work) But when Algol sits down on his chair, Dampierre brings out his chair and sits on top of Algol's and the other person.

Well, in interviews it was mentioned that they spent time working on his fighting style, so I get the impression he may be, if not unique, an offshoot of Algor's style.

I don't think it's just Hilde on the coins,
It might be that he has a coin for each and every character.
He does kinda look like a collector. Maybe he wants new chairs so he can tie the other characters down into them and set them on his mantle-piece.

Oh I thought he meant different chars, like characters.

That doesn't make contextual sense in either case, so I think you're lying, but if I was the kind of asshole who used such a stupid, obfuscating abbreviation: you can bet I'd at least bother to spell the dumb little fucker correctly. Instead, I'm the kind of asshole who rises to flame bait and has a low tolerance for inaccuracy.

Looking at the new videos popping up, I think Dampierre might have something to do with Hilde/Wolfkrone. And Hilde being on the coins points to the relation as well.
Maybe he's trying to steal Wolfkrone's fortune or something.

Or maybe dat Wolfkrone ho aint givin her pimp Dampierre his money. Ho gun get pimp slap'd!

video of Dampimp slapping Wolfkrone's ass
i get insanely angry when ivy does her dominatrix stomp, so probably best i dont play this. my moneys on 'band of theives out for magic swords', or whatever crock of shit proj' soul think up in their lunch hour. ^^

Back