Soul Calibur V : Comic-Con 2011 Trailer

• Admin
Soul Calibur V's showing at Comic-Con 2011 concludes with this awesome new trailer. Check it out! The big reveal of this trailer is not only how "polished" the game already looks, but at ZWEI's primary weapon "EIN".
Be sure to check out the recently updated http://www.soulcalibur.com as well!
Also remember to stay tuned for reveals at this week's EVO Championships!

slide.jpg
slide2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
EVO begins on Friday and runs until Sunday. Dunno if Namco has plans to release info at a set time, so it's probably best to just keep an eye out during that time frame.
Thank you so much! Actually I've heard that Namco would be teaming up with EVO, so I think that means that we'll see some more SCV...

As a dedicated Sophie player since the Dreamcast, I am sad to see that she is 'likely' going to be evil in SCV. That said, this is also the first time, maybe ever, that I actually care about the story in a Soul Calibur game, which means that the story is really doing its job for the first time in a long while (at least for me).

Now, please look forward to a truly overpowered evil Sophie. TAS:B:, TAS:B::4: = 100% damage. Thank you sir, and good night. :sc1sop1:

EVO begins on Friday and runs until Sunday. Dunno if Namco has plans to release info at a set time, so it's probably best to just keep an eye out during that time frame.

If I remember right, Namco/Bandai is doing one of those damn panels about their varioius games. Expect the SCV info then.

Something has just occurred to me. If Sophitia has [and probably will] replaced the original Nightmare, it's probable that the guest character from SCIV that used his style (that red-haired demon girl Kamikirimusi) could simply inherit his style.

Something has just occurred to me. If Sophitia has [and probably will] replaced the original Nightmare, it's probable that the guest character from SCIV that used his style (that red-haired demon girl Kamikirimusi) could simply inherit his style.

More likely they'll drop nightmare's style entirely and just have sieg.

After killing him over and over for a decade, Siegfried wins!!! ^_^

Hah, that doesn't bear thinking about... Its almost as bad as the number of times Soul Edge has been destroyed. I think the one in SCV is the copy of a shadow of a fragment of a piece of a half of the original (which is of course just an assumed form of Inferno).

Seems like they're stressing that Pat and Zwei are brand new characters despite the strong homages to Cassandra's move list in Pat's fighting style. It definitely seems like Zwei will be Pat's major antagonist. I'm really interested in seeing how that familiar will work.
Patroklos' move-list is still made up with more Sophitia inspired moves as far as I have seen.

Natsu better do some gud damage cuz dat Critical Edge is sorry.

It seems to have really huge range (presuming she teleports into the autocombo if any of the shockwaves hit). Of course its too slow to be useful, but I have a suspicion that it works on people on the ground, so you could do a hit that knocks them down and away (equivalent to NM 6B) and follow up with her CE (as compared to the juggle >CE)

I LIKE THE NEW WALL JUMP but the special look like some thing from dragon ball z game by so far im hooked
That's not new at all,remember you can jump in the wall since SCII I realized yesterday when I play it in my gamecube,taki is too different in SCII than SCIV looks like that Natsu gonna have some back attacks

my brother thought the voice was Sophie. But honestly, I think it's Tira. 17 years later I wouldn't be surprised to hear Tira's voice like that. Plus the way she talked. "you and I will live forever my dearie" sounds more like something coming from Tira than Sophie. Especially dearie. Idk but I can't imagine sophie saying dearie lolol.
Also, awesome to see Taki there! :D

its definately soph. she sounds aged but i think its her. It seems she has becomed derranged with the idea she must protect her duaghter after all these years that she lost it and wants them both to live forever. especially when her husbands dead. She calls her dear i think out of creepy affection.

I think its pretty obvious that Natsu is replacing Taki at this point.

However, after seeing Zwei's attack animations and quick jump, I'm beginning to think he is a placement for the Talim playstyle.

As for the wall jumping, it was included in SC4 but was cut out (2 characters still have wall attacks though, Kilik can Pole Cancel into it and maybe Voldo somehow, don't remember).

But Endless Stages and Wall Combos are making the game seem really nice. Think they will cut out ring outs entirely in favor of more Wall combo actions?

It seems to have really huge range (presuming she teleports into the autocombo if any of the shockwaves hit). Of course its too slow to be useful, but I have a suspicion that it works on people on the ground, so you could do a hit that knocks them down and away (equivalent to NM 6B) and follow up with her CE (as compared to the juggle >CE)

If thats da case, den she will have a great.OTG!
Maybe den, ppl wood stop playing dead.(staying on the ground after knockdown)

Live streams

4 Viewers
FuzzyCatGirl
FuzzyCatGirl
Soul Cal Saturday!!! Get in here!!!
4 Viewers
SnofruBlack
SnofruBlack
GER!!! (Mit Frau heute) Hochzeitschallange Spezial Only Beat em up games

Forum statistics

Threads
Members