Soul Calibur V Connection Problems?

... The majority of the time, if I were to try to quantify it, I'd say that about 1 out of 10 matches I see ends prematurely.

I think that's the normal to expect to be honest. I now drop about 1 in every 10 fights. Much better than 9 of every 10 fights when my connection problem was at its worst though.

I'm still not sure how my connection will do this weekend but I'll try to play as much as I can. I still have a feeling peak hours when lots of people are on makes the problem 10 times worse than on weekdays. That will be the real test of how well the fixes hold up.

Hell, I just turned on a DMZ for my PS3 right now. As long as you know how to set the static IP and get to the router controls, it literally only takes 1 minute to find the option, check the box, and type in the IP you assigned to your PS3.

Hell, I just turned on a DMZ for my PS3 right now. As long as you know how to set the static IP and get to the router controls, it literally only takes 1 minute to find the option, check the box, and type in the IP you assigned to your PS3.
Did enabling the DMZ helped to your connection?

It was working already with regular port forwarding and rebooting the entire network. I just set the DMZ for kicks and PS3 isn't really going to be any significant security risk to the network anyway.

Welp, problems creeping back. As I suspected, my problems have a lot to do with player traffic. Things go to shit on weekend evenings like starting at 6pm today, but it works perfectly fine on regular weekdays.

I don't have any explanation other than too many players being on at the same time. For my problem anyway.

I dunno... I'm just giving up completely for now and going back to playing Assassin's Creed Revelations online. It's the same thing for me everyday, with or without player traffic. I'm done for now. I'll just wait until the problem fixes itself sometime... or someday. But it doesn't really matter to me either way, because my friends come over almost everyday after school to play. The only thing that's gonna bug me, is not getting the online required trophies...

Yesterday when I was spectating on some matches the screen showing the battles would freeze up and would remain
frozen until I left the room.
Also I would get random disconnections mid-battle, even if it was a 5 bar

has this happened to anyone or

Disconnections mid-battle? To clarify, I've been getting these "the connection to your opponent has been lost" messages mid battle, but even worse, it's now happened 3 or 4 times when the playing field was even so to speak, or when I was in a losing position making it look like I ragequit. I fear that I might be getting a negative reputation! Oh not to mention the following "FUCK yOU RAGEQUITTAR IHOPE YOU DIE" messages have been getting tiresome. And hurtful :( Has anyone else had this happen so I know I'm not the only one?

It's something with the servers, but the game will be able to distinguish from a rage-quit and a legit DC (unless you unplug your router or something), so people should just chill and try again.
It happens regularly, but I'm not phased by it anymore.

Disconnections mid-battle? To clarify, I've been getting these "the connection to your opponent has been lost" messages mid battle, but even worse, it's now happened 3 or 4 times when the playing field was even so to speak, or when I was in a losing position making it look like I ragequit. I fear that I might be getting a negative reputation! Oh not to mention the following "FUCK yOU RAGEQUITTAR IHOPE YOU DIE" messages have been getting tiresome. And hurtful :( Has anyone else had this happen so I know I'm not the only one?
happens to me every other match. Dced from over 200 matches.

@Emily
I'm getting the same feeling. Give up and wait until someone, somewhere gets this sorted out.
SC4 works like a dream but not SC5.
I'll go back to Assassins creed too.
Can't understand why Namco made things so complex with SC5.

I'm from Perú, yesterday I had DCs playing 5 bars game with a guy of my same country, we couldn't finish 1 game, late at night I played many games with 3 and 0 bars without lag!!!, It seems bars level means nothing.

@Emily
I'm getting the same feeling. Give up and wait until someone, somewhere gets this sorted out.

Yeah. I don't want the extra hassle with NAT disconnecting, connecting back, ect... I'll just make things worse. So I'll leave it as is, and hope that eventually, it'll get better. I stopped playing SCV altogether for the time being. But I'm sure this'll get fixed eventually. Maybe not soon enough, but eventually.

You play Assassin's Creed too? We should play sometime! AC Revelations online can be so addicting LoL!

@Emily

To be honest, SC4 had terrible network code. I always though the latency to your button input could be felt even at 4 bars, and I rarely ever matched anyone with 5 bars.

On SC5 the new net code is pretty good (when it works). Even at 3 bars the game runs in credibly smooth with little (if any) felt delay. The problem is that the code might be a little *too tight* on how it's sync'd. Seems like there isn't any middle ground, it's all or nothing between working great or not at all when dropping fights.

Changing things always has that chance to introduce bugs, and they probably didn't test it with enough people before release. Does seem like something that can be fixed but time will tell.

I'm from Perú, yesterday I had DCs playing 5 bars game with a guy of my same country, we couldn't finish 1 game, late at night I played many games with 3 and 0 bars without lag!!!, It seems bars level means nothing.

Yeah, the connection speed doesn't indicate stability at all. I find that it's inconsistent even when you play the same person repeatedly on Player Match. I sat in the same room and played the same guy for maybe 10 matches yesterday, most went well but 2-3 disconnected soon after start.

Oh dear. It all sounds very tedious. For someone like me that likes online the most, SC5 is starting to get a thumbs down.

@Emily: I'm a sneeky b@@@@@rd in Assassins Creed so watch your back

It's all abit random im afraid . managed 3 good games in arow this afternoon but then it all went pear shaped now im loosing connection at any random time in the game sometimes before the first input command..

My friend tells me that she's been experiencing the same thing so she isn't that happy with the online mode for now.

Not working for me too. Nat 2, Ports open, don't have problems with other online game like BF3.
I can't go in the Colosseo and friend matchmaking... I can play some ranked but 1 match each 5minutes...*yeah*

The offline is so poor that i'm really sad. And I don't see any official communication about a fix....

Anybody else having this happen mid-match? My NAT is open. No idea why it's happening in probably 1/10 matches. Tell me this is common

Back