Soul Calibur V Connection Problems?

well several people on this thread has fixed their scv connection.

probably some other setting that can be tweaked that i am unaware of.

Yeh but we shouldn't have to do all this just to get the game to work.
If you've got NAT 2 and UPnP available PS3 games should work online - and they do, except SCV.

At this rate I will end up just playing SFxT, which is a shame as I really like Soul Calibur.

Hi Guys - I signed up here to share my online experience

• UK user with Virgin Media, 30 mbit connection, very stable (speed tests consistently give 19 ms ping, 31 mbps d/l, 2 mbps u/l)
  • SCV online worked like a charm the first week
  • SCV started kicking me out almost every single match beginning from last week
  • It looks like a server issue, as once my connection with opponent is lost, I am still in the lobby talking with other peers
  • The only time I could play fine was last Saturday at 2AM, very much off peak. One more reason to blame busy servers
  • It also happened that if I hold a crown of winner and I set myself ready for next match, other players in the lobby cannot accept my challenge and had to kick me out
  • I assigned a static IP to my PS3, made static IP run as DMZ; nothing changed
  • Emailed namcobandai customer support - no answer yet
  • I started querying people on the official SCV facebook page - I advise to everyone having issues to go there and make some noise

I'll keep you posted as I have new updates.

Dario

Hey everybody!

Have the same problems like Zeros!

Im from Austria...so there connection problems all over the world!
My NAT Typ is 2...good signal....etc. and MW3 works fine online!

I hope Namco fixed that anytime...because the kicks and network issues slowly makes me cracy... -.-

sigh I really want to play with a friend of mine but we are never able to connect. With some people I can connect only if they make a room, I can't invite them... With other people I am unable to join but I can invite them succesfully.

I tried tweaking the MTU however my ps3 disconnects from the internet if I set it to anything under 1500. Does anyone know how to fix it? also, after tampering a bit with static IPs and stuff my online went from okay to horrible... i was doing only stuff that said it would improve the performance... sigh.

Well, I had much more matches the days of tournament in the Coliseums, and tommorrow start a new one, so I think there will be better connections for everyone in the world.

If not I always have the fast and furious ranked mode where I almost never have disconnections or network errors.
But I prefer Coliseums, uh...

Im having trouble connecting to matches as well. Its not my connection as when Im playing Street Fighter and COD Im constantly joining games. The reason people are having trouble connecting is because Namco are lazy fucks who shat out a half assed sequel with no improvements, no new features and shit characters with no explanation why they're in the game, that many people who bought the game have traded it in, leaving no one online. Trading my copy in Friday 9th March for Street Fighter X Tekken. Capcom do take the piss with DLC but at least the games they release are worth £40. Well done Namco. You fucked Tekken 6 and now Soul Calibur, you lazy twats

Hey the last 2 weeks everything works fine! And now...everything is more shit than ever -.- no match works...

sucks so mutch.....

and my internet works fine...soooo namco tell me why?

Oh god,I got the update,connections are still bad :(
Maby it's cause the update isn't released worldwide yet...let's hope so..

I don't understand, what the hell happened to online? I rarely disconnected weeks after it released. But now, it's just a sack of shit. The same thought keeps running through my mind: "How the HELL do people not disconnect with each other?" Namco is beginning to lose my credibility in them--no, my patience is about to end.

The bad news is that getting connected to an online match is actually worse now (not like MvC3 bad...but still not so good).

The good news is I main Tira so me not playing at any time is probably for the best.

Back