Soul Calibur V Raphael - Nerfs? Buffs? Change Of Style?

I was thinking about what if Raphael had something like that SCIV Amy's :6::B::B::2::3::6: step transition move. I
t'd tech crouch or 6BB214.
He has 6B(B)~SE which will TC like a madman.

It be kewl if he had moves that transition into steps and not preparation. It be interesting if the developers implemented transitions into step stances rather than preparation as well. It'd have to be extra flashy because it's Raphael of course.
The return of VE stance seems unlikely, but having his auto-evade back will soften the blow greatly.

What will Raph's go-to combo be if he gets guard break? 22B combos ? 66A+B too slow ? 4B like old times won't result in as much damage in sc4 though

I think i read somewhere that the AE goes into VE.
Thats actually been what is generally understood up to the NEC build. However, its not really a stance since VE A fires no matter what out of a successful AE, so it functions like an aGI without impacting (and guarnateeing) the damage. Could be a good thing and a risky thing at the same time

Thats actually been what is generally understood up to the NEC build. However, its not really a stance since VE A fires no matter what out of a successful AE, so it functions like an aGI without impacting (and guarnateeing) the damage. Could be a good thing and a risky thing at the same time

I wonder if VE A will be a mid-high combination. If so, it could en up like prep kBE, where the second hit is easy to duck and gives a free launcher to the opponent.

I liked VE A in SCIV, you just had to put it in there at times the opponent wasn't expecting to have to duck the second part of it. But, i don't have anyone to really play soul with besides my friends here (who are no good) and people online so i cannot really testify for it seeing as to how im the only real life raph player i know :)

If VE A became mid mid, there's a high chance that it will be unsafe.

I'd rather VE A be VE AA.
At least you get the option to do the 2nd hit.

As an added bonus, give Raph VE A(A) where he cancels the 2nd swing into VE.

I liked VE A in SCIV, you just had to put it in there at times the opponent wasn't expecting to have to duck the second part of it. But, i don't have anyone to really play soul with besides my friends here (who are no good) and people online so i cannot really testify for it seeing as to how im the only real life raph player i know :)

I played against some fairly middle of the road tournament players at NEC the Friday night before we got SC5, and almost every time I did VE A (which was rare) it was ducked on reaction. Maybe they all just had some asian reaction gene or something, but the move was more or less useless. VE A isn't something you can rely on unless they don't know the 2nd hit is high.

But VE appears to be gone atm, so it's whatever.

Basic AA and BBs are reduced in damage for the rest of the cast (except for pyrrah she seems to smash face with just simple BBs).

Raphs bb looks super strong...out of all of his new changes becides the obvious addition of horizontals this is the strongest..
Bbb looks GREAT

Raphs bb looks super strong...out of all of his new changes becides the obvious addition of horizontals this is the strongest..
Bbb looks GREAT

It does not look to be a key move for him.

Will A+BA return with its insane tracking, and GI-only safe low ? That move slows down the match whenever you're in a rut.

Lol I know Warui likes SCIV Raph BB for some reason. 3B seems strictly better.

Now he has two layers of mixup available after showing the first B. We'll see what JG does to string mixups though before we get too excited.

Lol I know Warui likes SCIV Raph BB for some reason. 3B seems strictly better.

Now he has two layers of mixup available after showing the first B. We'll see what JG does to string mixups though before we get too excited.

Agreed on that point, as "3B>BB" would be one of the first things I'd advise to anyone.

Can the Raph forum count on you to deliver a report (doesn't have to be as robust and thorough as kowtow's NEC thread) on any findings from the SCR ? I understand you want to test the new guys out, so i'm not putting undue pressure on you (hopefully).

Can the Raph forum count on you to deliver a report (doesn't have to be as robust and thorough as kowtow's NEC thread) on any findings from the SCR ? I understand you want to test the new guys out, so i'm not putting undue pressure on you (hopefully).

I'll probably take a look at him and see what Kowtow missed. I'd like to know how safe 22B, 22A, and 33A are.

I have to learn a whole new character (Pat) while I'm there, which could take some time, and I also want to test Xiba and Aeon if no one else is. Vicious_Suicide, who played LM in SCIV, will be there so maybe I don't have to worry about Aeon and I can test out Raph.

glad you guys are organized and planning and trust you guys have it handled

Back