SOULCALIBUR 6: News, leaks and information discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to mention if a game is easy to pick up and play and easy to start learning then more people are going to have a go at playing competitively, keeping the game's community alive for longer.

Just look at Skullgirls, it was pretty much designed exclusively for a competitive audience (they didn't even tell you the special moves in game at first, new and casual fans don't want to have to go online to figure out how to even play the game) and the community dwindled to a tiny niche pretty quick.

Hearing Decopon and Oosaka being a part of project soul is good because that’ll mean the gameplay will be fun and balanced and reward good players while still being fun for casuals. My main worry is that (this is a big stretch mind you) that this game will be another SFV situation where the games main focus is the competitive crowd and nothing else. I hope this isn’t the case but you can never know.

Hearing Decopon and Oosaka being a part of project soul is good because that’ll mean the gameplay will be fun and balanced and reward good players while still being fun for casuals. My main worry is that (this is a big stretch mind you) that this game will be another SFV situation where the games main focus is the competitive crowd and nothing else. I hope this isn’t the case but you can never know.

They've already made it clear that the competitive aspect of this game is not a main focus.

SCVI is like SCII in terms of nearly every move is safe.

Mitsu does 3B & Sophitia responds with BB. Mitsu blocks it.
Mitsu's 3B Safe.gif

SCVI is like SCII in terms of nearly every move is safe.

Mitsu does 3B & Sophitia responds with BB. Mitsu blocks it.
View attachment 48329

Im actually very happy about this. This is how you encourage people to MOVE, and GI. Thats why those mechanics are needed. Now that they've buffed movement back to SCII status (or very close) people can use it, and feel comfortable. They can feel like it's a powerful and rewarding option. This is supposed to be THE MOST fluid 3d fighter after all. Now those stray hits that catch a "Run Counter" won't feel so punishing. And now you don't lose 40% life in one combo.
This game is looking great, it's looking like SoulCalibur.

Do appreciate the UI adjustments. *Cough 20 slots cough.*

But seriously, at least there's a reason for the segments now. Wonder if there might be anything more to those?

The weird thing is that build just has Sophitia and Mitsurugi

I noticed that in the STRONGSTYLE 2018 build was similar to the private event for Jornos in December & the CES 2018 demo because Sophitia & Mitsurugi are only available. PS4 was used in this build, but the current build with Groh, Xianghua, Nightmare, & Kilik is on PC.

Im actually very happy about this. This is how you encourage people to MOVE, and GI. Thats why those mechanics are needed. Now that they've buffed movement back to SCII status (or very close) people can use it, and feel comfortable. They can feel like it's a powerful and rewarding option. This is supposed to be THE MOST fluid 3d fighter after all. Now those stray hits that catch a "Run Counter" won't feel so punishing. And now you don't lose 40% life in one combo.
This game is looking great, it's looking like SoulCalibur.
yes ,but i hope its true for all characters i wont get my hopes to high until all characters are revealed , we ve been there before

The life bars in the Strongstyle vid go from:

Green > Blue > Yellow

It doesn’t feel right. Shouldn’t it be:

Blue > Green > Yellow

Unless that StrongStyle video just has off coloring, I think it should be the latter.

Im color blind and I wouln't be able to see the change from green to yellow... I guess it has something to do with that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back