SOULCALIBUR 6: News, leaks and information discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given that Namco's office is in Santa Clara California, players in that area or nearby would be the best bet to actually gain access. They seem to be aiming for "influencers" so people with a decent social media presence would be the most likely.

That’s the problem, I live close to Bandai Namco Italy HQ, but I am no champion or YouTuber so I don’t bother even asking. Plus they probably don’t have the demo themselves here.

Do we know when Famitsu is out this week guys? I know we’re supposed to be getting info from them (like hopefully the bios for the 4 recent reveals)

Finally January is over! Talk about the longest month ever.

February is here and by the end of it should know some more characters :).

In the mean time we should hopefully soon when they get the chance have Kayane's hour interview breakdown and a update with Norik's awesome infographic with our recent new information :D

Do we know when Famitsu is out this week guys? I know we’re supposed to be getting info from them (like hopefully the bios for the 4 recent reveals)

Famitsu SCVI Character Bios in High Resolution.

Character Bios In English
https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/01/26/soulcalibur-vi-new-and-returning-fighters-detailed/

Sophitia & Mitsu Character Bios
https://gematsu.com/2017/12/soulcalibur-vi-first-details-screenshots

Project Soul didn't update their website yet. It says coming soon for Groh, Siegmare, Xianghua, & Kilik.

Why do Sophitia and Mitsurugi not have character bios? Is it because they might reveal too much of the story changes and whether Taki and Cassandra are in the game?

Famitsu SCVI Character Bios in High Resolution.

Character Bios In English
https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/01/26/soulcalibur-vi-new-and-returning-fighters-detailed/

Sophitia & Mitsu Character Bios
https://gematsu.com/2017/12/soulcalibur-vi-first-details-screenshots

Project Soul didn't update their website yet. It says coming soon for Groh, Siegmare, Xianghua, & Kilik.

Gro is from the Kingdom of Denmark! :

デンマーク王国
Denmāku ōkoku
The 3rd point down on his bio is "birthplace"

I can't read the city I'm afraid, and in the time period, the kingdom included Norway as well, so let me see if I can work it out!!

Why do Sophitia and Mitsurugi not have character bios? Is it because they might reveal too much of the story changes and whether Taki and Cassandra are in the game?

Yes, especially Sophitia because she & Taki defeat Cervantes in Soul Edge. Sophitia breaks one of Cervantes' swords get a few Soul Edge shards in her. Taki finished the job. Siegfried defeats Inferno/Cervantes to claim Soul Edge & become it's new host causing the Evil Seed setting the events of SCI in motion. That's how Sophita can sense that Siegfried is Nightmare.

Her intro dialogue with Nightmare in her SCI Destined Battle
Intro SC1.gif

Her SCVI Intro vs Nightmare
Intro SC6.gif

Kilik vs Nightmare Intro
Kilik vs Nightmare Intro.gif

Last edited:
That's actually historically accurate: Norway was under Danish dominion in the 16th Century until 1814 ^^
Hey John, oh yes I know but the bios usually go "city", "country/kingdom". I was hoping it might say "Oslo, Kingdom of Denmark" (for example). I'm delighted he's Norwegian, having grown up there myself! :)

Hey John, oh yes I know but the bios usually go "city", "country/kingdom". I was hoping it might say "Oslo, Kingdom of Denmark" (for example). I'm delighted he's Norwegian, having grown up there myself! :)
Oh that's what you meant ^^ so indeed, it's weird :) maybe we'll get more info once the official biographies are out! ^^

If he grew up as part of a mysterious ancient organisation then I think it makes sense for his place of original to be more vague, you can hardly remain shrouded in mystery if everywhere knows where you are after all.

Not every little thing missing means something. They just probably didn't write bios because all of the attention was on the announcement itself.

Either 1 character is a pre order dlc, or at the very least 1 character will be post launch DLC.

The number I am giving is a bare minimum based on SCIV and SCV Dlc practices. Things can and probably will change, but until we see the change I'll be skeptical.

Every time I imagine SCVI getting a lot of DLC characters I'm reminded that Okubo worked on Tekken 7 and it's whopping 2 DLC characters

If there's a pre-order DLC character, I could see it being Yun-seong or Seong Mi-na, with the other of the two purchasable shortly thereafter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back