SOULCALIBUR 6: News, leaks and information discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nightmare has Siegfriends moves. It can work that way, but not the other way around, thats why your idea was terrible. lol. They also look like the same person, so theres no contradiction only inconsistency. Only intense confusion as to why every time a new SC rolls around these discussions always take place among the casual community from members who joined literally a month or two ago.

If Sieg makes it, good for him, this is by no means a MUST HAVE at this point because we basically already have him.
The contradiction that I was pointing out was your insistence that Siegfried is an unnecessary clone and then turning around and acknowledging that they have two different playstyles. People who main Siegfried like the tactical stance swapping styles with more of a defensive angle and making every strike count, while people who main Nightmare like the aggressive stance which is almost purely offense, keeping your opponent on lock due to your relentless barrage. Both of them have a place on the roster, and both should be in.

The part where I only joined a month ago is also an irrelevant point, and you're only using it to assert your dominance like your opinion is more valid than others', when you're being unreasonable and doubletalking yourself at that. Also, using the defense of the only 20 slot small roster when that is not a true statement either, it's not like including Siegfried is going to exclude someone else.

I never said Siegfried was a clone, I said Nightmare has ALL of Siegs stances and that make Sieg less of a need as a character. Again, I invalidated your point and you insist on arguing about what makes Siegfried unique. You dont get it.

I'm not reading anything else you said based on you missing my original point.

I never said Siegfried was a clone, I said Nightmare has Siegs moves make Sieg less of a need as a character.

I'm not reading anything else you said based on you missing my original point.
You didn't use those words directly, but that's more or less what you were implying. Nightmare has some of Siegfried's moves, but not all of them, and he retains his aggressive style, while Siegfried would retain his tactical style. And ignoring my legitimate points just makes you look even more foolish.

Theres nothing "tactical" about SC4 Siegfried. Siegfried was just as offensive as Nightmare in SC4, there was no reward for playing defensively or "tactical" as you put it because you could be insta-killed from guard crush and Siegfriend had some of the best guard crush and worse comeback with guard damage in the game. Having multiple stances doesnt make Siegfried more advanced, everyone in Soul Calibur is stance based. Nightmare isnt more "aggressive" he was better than Siegfriend because he had a safe advance that forced a 50/50 mixup. Siegfriend didnt. Im assuming you didnt play much SC competitively.

The only thing thats foolish at this point is
1. arguing that Siegfriend is unique enough without his stances to include him with Nightmare who now has those moves while:
2. Namco is launching with a small roster of no clones

I dont know why you want to argue about this.

There's a possibility that they could surprise us with a fat roster but I've never seen a soul calibur home console release balloon in size after initially seeing the character select. You can believe the "roster not final" stuff but I'm going to believe what they are showing us. I'm not getting my hopes up for dlc characters because we have no past pattern to base it off of except for Yoda/Darth Vader and Dampierre.

Tekken 7 conned people into buying a season pass for two guest characters too

I know I'm being harsh but they can make me eat my words. But the reality is that namco and project soul don't have a good track record and we are just going on faith that we'll have an amazing roster.

But..they are no NRS. They don't have it in them to make juicy rosters anymore it seems.It really makes no difference....They have me by the balls because I have no choice but to support this series.

There's a possibility that they could surprise us with a fat roster but I've never seen a soul calibur home console release balloon in size after initially seeing the character select. You can believe the "roster not final" stuff but I'm going to believe what they are showing us. I'm not getting my hopes up for dlc characters because we have no past pattern to base it off of except for Yoda/Darth Vader and Dampierre.

Tekken 7 conned people into buying a season pass for two guest characters too

I know I'm being harsh but they can make me eat my words. But the reality is that namco and project soul don't have a good track record and we are just going on faith that we'll have an amazing roster.

But..they are no NRS. They don't have it in them to make juicy rosters anymore it seems.It really makes no difference....They have me by the balls because I have no choice but to support this series.
Also, in the gaming industry, DLC are the new "play to unlock".

SoulCalibur has somewhat an advantage of that, though, at least if they follow suit of SoulCalibur V with the customization equipment packs, and keep delivering more and more consistently throughout the year without abruptly stopping with more planned on the way that never came. And maybe this time, they won't leave out a part of a set, like Pyrrha Omega's boots. So what they can do is have a few customization equipment packs, then a DLC character, then a few more customization equipment packs, then another DLC character, etc., etc.. Tekken's lackluster customization system leaves a hole in their DLC marketing strategy.

Problem is not dlc, problem is that some fans have all favorite characters in base game without dlc so they don' care about buying dlc, but other fans have't favorite characters in base game so they need extra pay to have their favorite character(s).

If DLC characters there will be i expect it to be the lesser popular characters from SC1,2,3 and the most popular from SC4&5.

Like Hwang, Yun Seung, Seong Mina, Hilde, Amy, Zwei & Viola for example.

Last edited:
If DLC characters there will be i expect it to be the lesser popular characters from SC1,2,3 and the most popular from SC4&5.

Like Hwang, Yun Seung, Seong Mina, Hilde, Amy, Zwei & Viola for example.

The Koreans may be DLC, true enough, but I was hoping the reboot could be used to actually give them some depth and character to make them relevant instead of just being cast by the wayside. I don't think it makes a lot of sense to charge people for unpopular characters, though, not really sure what the marketing appeal would even be, unless they were super cheap. Rock and Li Long are kind of in the same boat; a few people would buy them, sure, but I can't really see them selling all that well in the large scale view of things, if they were DLC-only. I could see maybe Setsuka being a DLC that a lot of people would buy, for an example of a more popular and marketable DLC character.

The Koreans may be DLC, true enough, but I was hoping the reboot could be used to actually give them some depth and character to make them relevant instead of just being cast by the wayside. I don't think it makes a lot of sense to charge people for unpopular characters, though, not really sure what the marketing appeal would even be, unless they were super cheap. Rock and Li Long are kind of in the same boat; a few people would buy them, sure, but I can't really see them selling all that well in the large scale view of things, if they were DLC-only. I could see maybe Setsuka being a DLC that a lot of people would buy, for an example of a more popular and marketable DLC character.
The fact that Setsuka's name hasn't even come up from my source and the whole "DLC characters will mainly by from III-V" and with Tira confirmed to me earlier into knowing them, and in the passed few days that Zasalamel is definitely being included, that leaves Setsuka as the odd one out.
She's popular enough, but not plot relevant. So they can get away with making her DLC.
I'd love to see (or hear beforehand) that Hwang for instance is a launch character, but the Koreans have always been some of the least plot relevant characters in the entire series.

Making the "fans like them, but they're not very important to the narrative if at all" as DLC isn't a terrible approach in theory.
Fill the roster with all the plot relevant characters that appear in the story.... because the story is an important focus this time.
Then make the remaining characters who fans like that offer unique (enough) movesets and styles, but couldn't fit into the main story's plot, or are just fish out of water due to the timeline and are being reworked to fit them in and such isn't a bad idea.
It gives them time to focus on who and what matters to put together a good, coherent story, then expand what other characters were doing at certain points to give them things to do and be covered still in a single player mode.

Since I heard it could have upwards of 10 DLC characters.... thinking about it, that could fill up real quick.
Hilde, Setsuka, Seong Mi-Na, Hwang, Yun-Seong, Amy, Viola, ZWEI, Rock, and Li-Long would be the likely candidates, assuming they are not bringing Algol back at all.
That contains characters and styles people like, mixed with a few less popular characters that could benefit from a reintroduction of sorts.
What's old is new again would favor Rock, Hwang, and Li-Long if they did.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back