SOULCALIBUR 6: News, leaks and information discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
She's popular enough, but not plot relevant.
If story mode similar to MK9 i am sure that many fans will not even play this story mode, so that phrase "not plot relevant" is not accepted. ~90% of all players will spend almost all playing time in online mode so again that phrase "not plot relevant" is not accepted. The game is created for fans not just for story for 1 time play.

Last edited:
If Siegfried comes at the cost of Nightmare not having stances, I'd rather Nightmare have stances. I would rather have 1 deeper character than 2 comparatively shallow characters.

Nightmare fans aren't complaining about gaining Siegfried's moves, so why are Siegfried fans complaining about gaining Nightmare's moves? Because he's evil?

I like how he has to specify right arm.
Or even arm to be honest...

Last edited:
So pleased Grø(h) is confirmed Nordic - ! Also fun fact - at the time of SC VI, Norway and Denmark were one kingdom, known as the Oldenburg Monarchy. Really interested to see where exactly he’s from (almost certainly somewhere in the Monarchy, as Sweden and Iceland don’t use the slashed o).
The fact he's confirmed Scandinavian disappoints me as it highlights the mistakes they've made: As you said, his name would be a lot more natural as Grø rather than Grøh (though maybe a bit too close to Gro which is a female name); the announcer doesn't pronounce his name correctly whatsoever; and his design doesn't look like anything you'd associate with Scandinavian history.

It's not a big deal (I'm probably making myself sound more disappointed than I am), but it's a missed opportunity. I've always enjoyed it when Soul Calibur manages to represent different cultures from different time periods (even if it makes no sense, as in your example, how Sophitia is more based on Ancient Greece than the Greece from the time period SC takes place).

Huh, y'learn something new every day. That's pretty awesome that they went to that much detail.
I looked this up as I got curious about it (in regards to Xianghua's wobbly sword). A lot of Chinese action movies depict swords as being very wobbly, but a real sword made for combat would never wobble like this (most sword types can be flexed a little though). So I'm pretty sure Xianghua's sword is a nod to Chinese action movies.

Here's an exhaustive video on the subject:

Since I heard it could have upwards of 10 DLC characters.... thinking about it, that could fill up real quick.
Hilde, Setsuka, Seong Mi-Na, Hwang, Yun-Seong, Amy, Viola, ZWEI, Rock, and Li-Long would be the likely candidates, assuming they are not bringing Algol back at all.
That contains characters and styles people like, mixed with a few less popular characters that could benefit from a reintroduction of sorts.
What's old is new again would favor Rock, Hwang, and Li-Long if they did.
10 DLC characters, huh?

The average price for DLC characters is between $5 and $8. So, a question for the entire thread: would you be okay spending between $50 and $80 on SC6 DLC?

Since I heard it could have upwards of 10 DLC characters.... thinking about it, that could fill up real quick.
Hilde, Setsuka, Seong Mi-Na, Hwang, Yun-Seong, Amy, Viola, ZWEI, Rock, and Li-Long would be the likely candidates, assuming they are not bringing Algol back at all.
That contains characters and styles people like, mixed with a few less popular characters that could benefit from a reintroduction of sorts.
What's old is new again would favor Rock, Hwang, and Li-Long if they did.
10 DLC characters, huh?

The average price for DLC characters is between $5 and $8. So, a question for the entire thread: would you be okay spending between $50 and $80 on SC6 DLC?
If each DLC character received the same amount of love and polish as the main cast, and it meant we could have the entire cast, more or less, then it doesn't seem all that unreasonable, honestly. It's not like you'd be paying it all up front, and it would be stretched out over the course of a year or more, keeping the game alive with something new always coming every now and then. We would be back in the realm of SoulCalibur III which included literally everyone, just about, so that everyone could be happy, and no one was left out.

As Vergeben pointed out, it would give us the best of both worlds, since we could have our focused story mode that involves all the key players, and yet still have the characters we know and love who are less important in the grand scheme of things. It would be nice if literally everyone had story content, of course, but in the interests of getting the game released in a timely manner, they likely can't fit everyone in.

The possibility also exists that this game does have an Arcade Mode with non-canon story bits inbetween/endings, and the DLC characters released post-launch might could have their own little side stories in that mode, if not extensions of the main story, extra chapters.

It would be amazing to see a SoulCalibur game get that much support, because there would have to be updates fixing balance and possible problems that arise along the process, too, and it could be the revitalization that this franchise dearly needs after five years.

Okay I let the Sieg/Nightmare talk go on for about 10 pages now (including arguments and general shit talk) so now that's over. I'm not going to go deleting everything but all this Siegfried speculation can go here: https://8wayrun.com/threads/soulcalibur-vi-general-roster-speculation-thread.19677/ from now on. It's already going to be hard enough for our OP to sift through all the posts here to gather all of the relevant news so we're going to end all of that now.

10 DLC characters, huh?

Look, it's an easy equation. Does it give Soul Calibur more chances at further games, without having to wait 5-6 years? Yes? Then yes!

:P

Has anyone seen a lot of Kilik gameplay where he transforms into "evil Kilik"? Is it his Critical Edge and that's the extent of it?

Also, I didnt catch it before..he has base hold from Soul Calibur 2.

No, he has Night Lower Stance. Most likely in addition to Night Behind Stance, Night Side Stance, and possibly Night Reverse Side Stance. In comparison, Siegfried's "version" of the stances, (Base Hold, Chief Hold, Side Hold, and Reverse Side Hold) have been distinct from Nightmare's in every game since they split in SC3, both in what moves are in the stance, and how the stance is used itself.

Anyway. There's a ton of SiegMare moves missing from the current iteration of Nightmare that including both of them seems extremely plausible, as ever since the split, Nightmare has been more focussed on aggressive spacing and forcing whiffs, whereas Siegfried has been more about keepout and more focus on stance usage and limited roulette when possible.

Just take a look at all of the moves that are still unused:

AAB
ag(A) ~ SRSH
2A
3A
4A + Stance Version
6A ~ SSH
BBB + Stance Version
(B) ~ SBH
B2A + Stance Version (SCH)
B6
B4
1B (VERY IMPORTANT MOVE)
3B + Stance Version (SCH)
6B
236B
WR B + Stance Versions
BT BB
2KKKKK (Have only seen him do 1 stomp so far)
3KKB
WR K
A+B ~ SSH
A+BA
2A+B + Stance Version (SBH)
66A
22/88A
44A + Stance Version (SRSH)
66B (This is a different move than NM 22/88B, technically)
22/88BB
11/77B + Stance Version (SCH)
44BB + Stance Versions (SBH, SCH)
66A+B
66KB
22/88K / A+K / Phantom Kick Series
Flapjack
SCH A / (A) ~ SSH
SCH B / (B)
SSH AA
SSH A2A
SSH B
SSH A+B
SRSH (I haven't seen him use NRSS yet)
SRSH A
SRSH B
SRSH K
SRSH A+B
B+K (SBH and NLS are DIFFERENT stances)
SBH A
SBH B
SBH K
SBH A+B / a+bG
WR B + Stance Version (SCH)
22B + Stance Version (SSH)
88B + Stance Version (SRSH)
66KA
SBH (K)
SRSH A + Stance Version (SBH) (But we don't really want this move. Give me SC3 version)
SRSH B
SCH kB + Stance Version (SBH)
SCH A+B
SSH B + Stance Version (SBH)
SSH K
BBA + Stance Version (SCH)
BBK
B4
4B
SBH A
SRSH K + Stance Version (SBH)
BT SCH B
SSH BBB

With all of these moves "up for grabs" so to speak, I see no reason why Siegfried and Nightmare could not exist in the same games as two distinct movesets.

Has anyone seen a lot of Kilik gameplay where he transforms into "evil Kilik"? Is it his Critical Edge and that's the extent of it?

at 2:30

Kilik's Soul Charge Mode is him changing to "Malfested Kilik". His life bar drops in Soul Charge Mode, it stops after he gets hit for a while then it continues to drain his health. Once Kilik is at 10 points of health left, his life bar don't drain anymore than the Soul Charge Meter drains. Time stops of course. His CE is unblockable and does nearly half life. After Kilik uses his CE in Soul Charge Mode he returns to normal. When Kilik wins in Soul Charge Mode he has a new win pose.

Guys, I was watching some Kilik's gameplay, then I thought about something. What if Tira's Soul Charge Mode is going to be her gloomy mood? I don't know if it would make sense but the fact that Kilik loses health when his Soul Charge Mode is on reminds me of Tira's gloomy mood.

Guys, I was watching some Kilik's gameplay, then I thought about something. What if Tira's Soul Charge Mode is going to be her gloomy mood? I don't know if it would make sense but the fact that Kilik loses health when his Soul Charge Mode is on reminds me of Tira's gloomy mood.
What if they take it to the extreme (if you're a Namco employee, please don't read the following in case you take it seriously):
- Ivy's soul charge: whip mode
- Hilde's soul charge: switches from spear to sword
- Amy's soul charge: switches from rapier to orb
- Raphael: vampire form
- Nightmare: Siegfried form

By the way, has anyone paid attention to a lot of gameplay of Grøh? How does the two forms of his weapon work? Is dual-swords a specific stance? Is that also a Soul Charge thing?

Just look at SC III where every single character was unlockable in-game as it should be.
There is no online mode in SC III that's why there was huge focus for single player content.
Better have characters as dlc than not have them at all (SCV). Also better spend ~$5 on fully playable dlc character than spend same amount on trash useless costumes (DOA5). No one force you buy all dlc characters just buy only those you like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back