SOULCALIBUR 6: News, leaks and information discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
End of July would also be the 20th anniversary of SC I (releasing in arcades) but yeah, that feels a little too early t0 me

I think it's some sort of shortened version of Kayane's interview? She said her actual interview was an hour long.

The best period for the game to be released is in the summer months of May/June/July/August.

Release it too close to to the fall rush, even the early fall and it may be swallowed up. Remember TTT2 didn't sell as hot as it could of because that late 2011 period was a deluge of great AAA games.

November is suicide, the big fall shooter massacre will destroy soul calibur

The best period for the game to be released is in the summer months of May/June/July/August.

Release it too close to to the fall rush, even the early fall and it may be swallowed up. Remember TTT2 didn't sell as hot as it could of because that late 2011 period was a deluge of great AAA games.

November is suicide, the big fall shooter massacre will destroy soul calibur

Possibly. But I prefer the developers to take the time on game, honestly.

Uhhh, of course, the best release window is end of February, throughout March, and early April.

This statement wouldn't surprise anyone after seeing the extent of everyone's patience during the last month.

I'm hoping for a summer release because the summer doldrums will automatically promote Soul Calibur.

The lackluster Tekken 7 shined bright because there nothing of note in the summer months. Normally the lack of content would be a huge black mark against a game but a lot of people ignored it in reviews and just wanted the next cool game to play.

For this reason Tekken 7 was the "it game" for about a month. If SCVI can get release in a slow period and get people excited I'm pretty sure it will sell well.

Idk about you too but I'm screaming for another 3D fighter. Tekken was not enough for me so I believe others will naturally gravitate towards it when there is no competition.

Thread semi-cleaned. Would like to repeat that I understand how things go especially after an announcement. I'm trying not to get rid of anything that is responding to a video posted or if something has been announced/leaked. But things like these name discussions, speculations about characters/stages/release dates, or hell, speculations in general, can go elsewhere. If you cant find a thread about the subject you'd like to discuss, make one. I hate having to delete something that seems interesting just because it's in the wrong place.

Wow there is so much more interaction between characters during fights than I thought.
Mitsurugi vs Nightmare Reversal Edge: Mitsu “What happened to your right hand?”
Sophitia vs Nightmare when Sophitia gets a bar of meter for being 2 rounds down “You need to be saved”
Nightmare’s victory quote vs Sophitia: “My sins... can only be cleansed with blood!”
Mitsurugi vs Grøh:
Mitsu: “I’ll give a taste... of true battle.”
Grøh: “My mission is what matters, not you.”

I love this kinda shit. (Sorry if this is really sloppy I sent this from my phone)

Wow there is so much more interaction between characters during fights than I thought.
Mitsurugi vs Nightmare Reversal Edge: Mitsu “What happened to your right hand?”
Sophitia vs Nightmare when Sophitia gets a bar of meter for being 2 rounds down “You need to be saved”
Nightmare’s victory quote vs Sophitia: “My sins... can only be cleansed with blood!”
Mitsurugi vs Grøh:
Mitsu: “I’ll give a taste... of true battle.”
Grøh: “My mission is what matters, not you.”

I love this kinda shit. (Sorry if this is really sloppy I sent this from my phone)

While some of that stuff could easily be generic, I'd love if they had more unique character-dependent quotes. Injustice 2 was amazing with that, where every character has multiple unique lines with every other character, including the premium reskins and DLC additions.

An hour long interview is a pretty long thing for one person to write up never mind translate for multiple languages.

An NDA of some kind is certainly possible though, interviews always carry the risk of people accidentally saying more than they're supposed to so requesting a delayed release of it would be pretty understandable.

An hour long interview is a pretty long thing for one person to write up never mind translate for multiple languages.

An NDA of some kind is certainly possible though, interviews always carry the risk of people accidentally saying more than they're supposed to so requesting a delayed release of it would be pretty understandable.
Didn't Kayane say she heard some quite interesting things about the game? That might be a reason why.

Also she seems to have been quite busy lately, maybe she simply hasn't had enough time to write a report yet ^^

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back