SOULCALIBUR 6: News, leaks and information discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
#SCVITeamBattle.

Think it's definitely something we should push for. I remember an interview with Keysona and Tago re: SCV battle mode from 2011.. and we were told then that "it is something that is probably going to be in the game". So community voices etc. is what he asks for so let's do it.

Only if the devs are too retarded to realize that the people asking them for that are the ones who are gonna pay for it. Developers are not making the game for themselves, they're making it for the community, if the community wants something they can do, they would be idiots if they ignore.
Right, but one person constantly demanding that they add Arthur doesn't necessarily represent the community.

Okubo is in a tough position, in that it's impossible for him to make a game that satisfies all the SC fans out there. He's probably getting impossible (or highly impractical) requests every day. I think @GreatOne1939 is correct that framing requests in a constructive way will increase the likelihood that they're listened to.

All I really got out of this is Okubo isn't going to answer much of anything and it's going to suck having to trudge through these coming months hoping for morsels of info.

Right, but one person constantly demanding that they add Arthur doesn't necessarily represent the community.
giphy.gif

I did it
giphy.gif

Spamming devs with requests is how you get rejected, not appeased. Look at how Harada reacts to literally any request. SFV also just added an Ingrid costume because people kept crying for her as a character.
Harada is big-headed, that's the difference. He isn't open to any criticism.

But I kinda agree that spamming isn't such a good idea: constructive criticism will be lost among (really) stupid requests, and in the end everything will end up ignored, good or bad propositions.

However, known representatives of the community should unite in order to ask things, this way PS would know that it's seen as a good idea by people famous enough to help the game get publicity, while ignoring stuff like "I want Randy Orton as a guest".

You can make requests, but you should never think that your requests are what's determining whether something is going to happen. That's not how fan communication is seen by developers.

That said, requests can help them decide on something by getting them to think about it and validate their already-existing stance, but that doesn't mean the result is them favoring the thing you're asking for. It could just as easily put them off of it.

There might be a new trailer coming soon, because people like History Behind The Warrior are going to a SoulCalibur 6 capture event tomorrow which may have an updated version of the game possibly.

Only if the devs are too retarded to realize that the people asking them for that are the ones who are gonna pay for it. Developers are not making the game for themselves, they're making it for the community, if the community wants something they can do, they would be idiots if they ignore.
Spamming makes you a nuisance, not a fan. Power comes in numbers of unique fans coming together, not the same two people crying about X or Y character not being in the game.

Edit: A lot of posts above this get my message across better than i do lol.

The community needs to be vocal not one guy. They want to know if a lot of people want one thing, not if one person wants one thing a lot.
There will never be a person speaking for the whole community. Its a gaming community, do you expect some sort of ambassador? Of course not. Let people spam if they want to, they will know what is a popular opinion and what is not.

Didn't Okubo say we should let him know what we want via social media? That the community needs to be vocal?

He just basically gave us a blank check to spam.
It's the only reason why I brought it up. That and along with Vergeben urging people to step up and communicate what they want. If they see the same game modes like vs. Team Battle and an online training mode being mentioned to them over and over again they can't help but take it into account. So once again people please I urge you to let Okubo know this is something we want.

There will never be a person speaking for the whole community. Its a gaming community, do you expect some sort of ambassador? Of course not. Let people spam if they want to, they will know what is a popular opinion and what is not.
Yeah. I don't want a single rep unless they had the best direct contact with the devs, but not one voice to just speak for themselves and act as if their own views are the consensus for the community. Usually what works is if someone collects information on the most demanded things to present as opposed to people spamming the devs over and over, because a lot of the time they get repeated requests they've answered to others already or questions they can't answer right away. I like the popularity poll done with the characters for example, to where PS knows more unanimously that people want Talim, and loathe Patroklos.

TBH, I think it would be easier to get their attention if people asked more about game modes and/or features to them than roster, simply because asking for Team Battle is just team battle. Its an objective mode. I cant say I know whats best though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back