SOULCALIBUR 6: News, leaks and information discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way they talk about the game makes it feel like they’re not 70% done because it feels like they’re withholding so much information

The way he was answering i see it more of that he was just trying hard to not say what he shouldn't / isn't allow to say. If that was harada he was give even less infos/hints.

Like what would be the point of him confirming that Sieg will be in SC6? if he hint that he'll be in SC6 then the day he'll be announce there won't be no hype the community, they will all be just like: "Heu ok but we already know he's coming, Okubo already confirmed that, when's the next reveal....", and same for the other questions he couldn't answer/evaded.

Lol It's interesting that he admit that T7 input lag sucked before the December patch, something that Harada always tried to make it like it's absolutely Okay, we can at least hope SC6 will work better since day one launch.

It's true that the interview doesn't give much info. Kayane asked some good questions but Okubo-san seems to dodge them pretty fast ^^

Either they really don't want to spoil anything... or they're not quite as ready as they said they were. And if we get 2B as a guest, we know who's beaten the idea into Okubo's head xD

Honestly the only thing out of that interview that I don't think I've heard before is that the game's been in development for 3 years. Not surprising, though.

Honestly the only thing out of that interview that I don't think I've heard before is that the game's been in development for 3 years. Not surprising, though.

That was confirmed 2 months ago
http://metro.co.uk/2017/12/18/soulc...want-to-realise-the-feel-good-factor-7167281/

2018-02-09_0615.png

At least it was an interesting read. Might as well, since we're probably not gonna get any reveals this month. I can't think of big events in March either..
Anyways, time to span Okubo with that Team Battle request on twitter.

At least it was an interesting read. Might as well, since we're probably not gonna get any reveals this month. I can't think of big events in March either..

Final Round 2018 is on March 18

They don't have to wait for big events to reveal content. It can be by Famitsu or other social medias.
If we do not get any reveals this month, then it seems like they're aiming for only big events to reveal characters. Why else would they wait almost two months for EVO JPN?
I hope that's not the case, but it seems that way.

That was a nice read indeed.

I don't know man but the way he said "new characters" seemed to me that there are gonna be quite a lot of new characters...(Which may add a bit of legit to that leak?)

We already knew about the 20 slots weren't set in stone, but that's cool that he confirmed that again. I would suggest that they already have an idea of the ultimate full roster they're aiming to, and if for the characters that they won't be able to release for launch will be save for DLC i guess.

I think we're gonna get AT LEAST 3 new characters this time. Groh, His father, and a new Female Character. I can't imagine them missing this (or any) opportunity to add new female characters to this series.

That was a nice read indeed.

I don't know man but the way he said "new characters" seemed to me that there are gonna be quite a lot of new characters...(Which may add a bit of legit to that leak?)

We already knew about the 20 slots weren't set in stone, but that's cool that he confirmed that again. I would suggest that they already have an idea of the ultimate full roster they're aiming to, and if for the characters that they won't be able to release for launch will be save for DLC i guess.

I still don't trust the 4chan leaks. It's good to see that Okubo confirmed the character selection screen is just a placeholder. Namco confirmed that 2 months ago.

https://www.gamekult.com/jeux/soulcalibur-vi-3050877373/test.html

2018-02-20_1031.png

http://kayane.fr/2018/02/19/interview-with-motohiro-okubo-producer-on-soul-calibur-vi-and-tekken-7/

2018-02-20_1043.png

Though Kayane's interview added a crucial point: she said 20 characters AT LAUNCH, which was one of the main concerns people had.

After all, we knew 20 isn't final but nowhere was it stated that it wouldn't be 20 at launch with the rest as DLC.

Okubo sounded rather negative in the reply about Team Battle, which makes me think we won't be getting that mode this time around. It's super obvious he was being evasive answering most of these questions, so I'm interpreting "Oh, we don't know yet." as "We definitely know, but we're not telling you." The only questions where he seemed willing to tell the whole story was about Noctis and Team Battle mode.

It's nice to hear Junichi Nakatsuru is back. I wonder if he's behind the music we've heard so far, though it doesn't really sound like his style. Okubo mentioned European and American partners when talking about an OST release. I wonder if he was talking about American and European offices of Namco, or other musicians they contracted to do music for them (like with SCV).

Please people do this along with asking for an online training mode. I don't think Vergeben is saying it lightly when he says to do this. I honestly believe these two modes are key to helping the community grow not to mention how entertaining and helpful they would be. So please people if you're going to spam him with character wishes and all that at least add in that you'd like to see these two modes also.

Please people do this along with asking for an online training mode. I don't think Vergeben is saying it lightly when he says to do this. I honestly believe these two modes are key to helping the community grow not to mention how entertaining and helpful they would be. So please people if you're going to spam him with character wishes and all that at least add in that you'd like to see these two modes also.

You can do it yourself...

Spamming devs with requests is how you get rejected, not appeased. Look at how Harada reacts to literally any request. SFV also just added an Ingrid costume because people kept crying for her as a character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back