SoulCalibur Music talk

Which SC titles had the best music, in your opinion? (You can select multiple)

• Total voters

Draggonnfs

[12] Conqueror
Yes, I know there are already a few threads about music in SCV, but I wanted to make one about the music in the whole series, with a poll, and it'd be cool if people talked about it more.

First of all, I'd like to say SCI and SCIII had the best music for me. There are always a few great tracks in every SC game, but in SCI and III it was almost all of the music.

I know I should also focus on SCV, since it's the latest title, but to be honest, I don't like SCV battle music. In fact I hate or dislike most of the battle themes. What really sucks about SCV music in my opinion is that the battle themes are bad, but most of the other tracks are great, especially the story music, where pretty much every track is amazing. What I love they did in SCV is the music DLCs and being able to select stage music. Thank god that it's there, because otherwise I'd probably just mute the music. Kinda sucks that in Arcade and some other modes it doesn't work and uses default music, but I'm glad that it's there at all.

Now, even though I don't like SCV battle themes, I think the least good music (I can't say worst, it's not that bad) overall had SCIV. There are just no great or memorable tracks to me.

When it comes to particular tracks, oh boy.... There's so many I like... Just a few examples would be Ephemeral Dream, Forsaken Sanctuary, ALL Sophie's themes, Path of Destiny (One of my favorite track of all time, not just in SC; EVER), Healing Winds and all its versions, Symphony of the swords, The brave shall carry on, Breeze at dawn, etc. Seriously, there are many tracks in SC, that I just LOVE!

So, if you are interested you can talk about stuff like what do you think about the music of the series generally, music in separate titles, particualar tracks, how does the music compare to other games or different music generally, what would you change, etc.... Go on!
:sc5sc::sc5sc::sc5sc::sc5sc::sc5sc::sc5sc::sc5sc::sc5sc::sc5sc::sc5sc::sc5sc::sc5sc::sc5sc::sc5sc::sc5sc::sc5sc::sc5sc::sc5sc::sc5sc::sc5sc::sc5sc::sc5sc::sc5sc::sc5sc::sc5sc::sc5sc::sc5sc::sc5sc::sc5sc::sc5sc::sc5sc::sc5sc::sc5sc::sc5sc::sc5sc::sc5sc::sc5sc:

I really love the SC 3 and SC 2 OST.

Some of great pieces : "Hour Of Destiny", "Wings Of Despair", "Pure Breeze" ..
And to name a few in SC 2 : "Unwavering Resolve", "Guided By Wind", "Chasing Death" ..

I really love the SC 3 and SC 2 OST.

Some of great pieces : "Hour Of Destiny", "Wings Of Despair", "Pure Breeze" ..
And to name a few in SC 2 : "Unwavering Resolve", "Guided By Wind", "Chasing Death" ..
Oh hell yeah, Hour of Destiny is amazing! I also loved SCI's intro music, i forgot the name of it though. A funny thing I discovered - You can sync Hour of destiny with the intro cutscene of SCIV, and it fits almost perfectly!

I don't know about vanilla SCIV, but Broken Destiny has a fantastic OST.
Oh, damn, I forgot about BD! Yes, BD had nice music. I kinda forgot about it, because I didn't play it for quite a while now, and when I played it it was in public and muted.

SC2 OST and SBE OST are my personal favorite. SC2 had some really great stuff like Hubris, while SBE had my favorite song in the series, Bravely Folk Song. SCV also had a few good songs (Mainly Sieg's and Elysium's, though there are a couple other good ones.), but most of it's soundtrack was meh.

Bravely Folk Song has gotten me max hype since I first heard it like 20 years ago. No Regrets from SC3 is great, too. Cerv always has some pretty good themes.

Tho the Soul Blade opening is pretty entertaining, too. Cheesy anime goodness.

Dude, all the tracks everyone mentions here are amazing, I feel bad for not naming them all, but if I was to write all of the SC tracks I love, I'd bore everyone :D But yeah, I have full SCV and SCIII OSTs on my iPhone, and some separate tracks from other SC games, Edge of Soul too, I love it!

Back