Soulcalibur V Art/Wallpapers

I really love the idea behind it, though the fact that Pyrrha looks to be floating off the ground rather than kneeling on it is kinda off putting. Great work regardless. You've got some awesome talent. c:

OK.. so I made some corrections. Thanks for pointing out the flaw.
Getting tunnel vision staying up late listening to classic funky 70's music, overlooked that problem.

Anyways, here's the update -

I set up a perspective grid which should give us an estimate to the ground level in order to cast a proper shadow. I shifted both Pyrrha / Ω Pyrrha down to ground level but I had to fidget also with proper placement on the x/z axis because there were (IMO) slight undesirable changes to the effect of lighting cast from above. I tried to keep it as close to the original as possible but with these changes there's always gonna be a shift in color and hue on certain areas because the foreground element is now moved to a different area on the backdrop which casts a different shade of light. Fix one thing, and then another problem to deal with ... like edge noise. bleh.. So I resorted to doing some touch up with rotoscoping (think "cookie cutting") like portions of Ω's hair. Thank God I'm dealing with only a single frame for a still picture and not a bunch of frames for video!

gVDLFzd.jpg

Grid set up behind the layer in order to estimate perspective for floor/shadow area.

So here's the finished piece. Maybe it could use some additional touch up work but I think I'm done for now.

Pyrrha x Ω Pyrrha - A Prayer for Salvation
11SUoqi.jpg

That new pic should be in the next church stage (or library syage) in the next SC game!

By the way, this stage is already in SC5 - lol. It's the burning Old Quarter - Free Imperial City - Pyrrha's stage.

Last edited:
OK.. so I made some corrections. Thanks for pointing out the flaw.
Getting tunnel vision staying up late listening to classic funky 70's music, overlooked that problem.

Anyways, here's the update -

I set up a perspective grid which should give us an estimate to the ground level in order to cast a proper shadow. I shifted both Pyrrha / Ω Pyrrha down to ground level but I had to fidget also with proper placement on the x/z axis because there were (IMO) slight undesirable changes to the effect of lighting cast from above. I tried to keep it as close to the original as possible but with these changes there's always gonna be a shift in color and hue on certain areas because the foreground element is now moved to a different area on the backdrop which casts a different shade of light. Fix one thing, and then another problem to deal with ... like edge noise. bleh.. So I resorted to doing some touch up with rotoscoping (think "cookie cutting") like portions of Ω's hair. Thank God I'm dealing with only a single frame for a still picture and not a bunch of frames for video!

gVDLFzd.jpg

Grid set up behind the layer in order to estimate perspective for floor/shadow area.

So here's the finished piece. Maybe it could use some additional touch up work but I think I'm done for now.

Pyrrha x Ω Pyrrha - A Prayer for Salvation
11SUoqi.jpg

By the way, this stage is already in SC5 - lol. It's the burning Old Quarter - Free Imperial City - Pyrrha's stage.

If you don't mind this is gunna be my laptop screen saver

I wish I could get the real game to run in 1080p or higher but the graphics are natively at 720p (despite how you're console may output to the TV).

Hmm...could someone possibly get Aeon and Lizardman as they start their 1B+K? And in it too? It'd be amazing to have in 1920 x 1080...
Oh and the cool scene when Aeon stomps a face with 1K..

P.S. Fantastic stuff guys!

Hmm...could someone possibly get Aeon and Lizardman as they start their 1B+K? And in it too? It'd be amazing to have in 1920 x 1080...
Oh and the cool scene when Aeon stomps a face with 1K..

Capturing actions shots is gonna be a bit more challenging. It's one thing getting video of the said action, an entirely different thing to capture that right moment and turn it into still photo worth looking at. Not that it can't be done. Just a bit more difficult. It's like sports photography -while running the animation - framing the camera and taking the right shot at that right moment. So far, I've shown you guys a couple of ways we can approach these - photo-realistic take or the graphical approach. The later would be easier as a montage (and thus larger sizes would be possible). The lizard project would most likely be a montage of some sort. I've a couple ideas but I could probably do some of things you're asking. Either way, I'll give it a shot. If it looks good, I'll make it as a comp.

On a much simpler note, I tried doing Leixia's 3B-K, K

1zb3u51.jpg

but asking for that second hit, it just doesn't look good as a still (or at least I just couldn't come up with a good framing shot for it on this vertical aspect ratio). After a couple of attempts, felt pretty unmotivated with any of the results so I just gave up on it for now. I'll try that again another night. (Trust me, it's never a good idea to work on some art piece or something creative, when you're just not feeling it). I ended up with this close up portrait shot instead.

Leixia - Cute Closeup
pOOB5vW.jpg

I want my Redbull, then I'm going to sleep....lol

& just do what you can, we all know you have other stuff & can't sit around doin our pics all day.

Back