Votes: 29 87.9%
  • Nah, I might not use it

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Idk tbh...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

REPROBEAN_CHILD

[14] Master
We've seen what the main menu looks like, but as you know there's no extras mode. With the recent focus being on tournament play, I'm hoping that they'll let player still unlock certain items. I'm hoping that they add it, since there's a lot they can do with it in SCV. Not only could that be the mode where there's artwork (official character artwork and miscellaneous art related to Soul Calibur), but that could also be where they could have the game's Theater Mode. Here's what needs to be put in the Extra's mode.

-Picture Gallery (Blazblue did a great job with this)
-Movies
-Battle Theater
-Battle Records/Honors
-something related to Assassin's Creed

In addition to what you've posted, Repobean_Child, I also would like a mini-game of sorts. But I don't think that the guys at Namco would have enough disc memory for something like that, so.... :(

I think that you should also be able to develop the same things for your CaS, i.e birthplace, age, last name, relatives, back story etc. and put them up in extras with the rest of the cast, and beable to choose their stage for their exhibition, and have all of that be downloadable with the character.

Most optimistic reason would be the "extras" menu is visible only when you actually get something under it, as from a replay of SC2 last most, pretty sure EVERYTHING there was unlocked and I'm fairly sure it's true in the other games.

I think that you should also be able to develop the same things for your CaS, i.e birthplace, age, last name, relatives, back story etc. and put them up in extras with the rest of the cast, and beable to choose their stage for their exhibition, and have all of that be downloadable with the character.

Yes, that would be awesome, and I would like to see more custom character usage in tournaments, perhaps by loading the characters onto something physical (not sure if the controller can store anything), so maybe like a small attachment to it or something...
I would really like to see some sort of story mode other than arcade mode. I'm talking more about the things like in SCII and SCIII, which seemed to have disappeared in SCIV (the tower wasn't quite the same...).

I think that you should also be able to develop the same things for your CaS, i.e birthplace, age, last name, relatives, back story etc. and put them up in extras with the rest of the cast

I guess I'll need to buy a xbox live keyboard if this were to happen.

All I want is that Weapon Exhibition mode from earlier games. That mode made most of the characters feel extremely knowledgeable about their weapons.

Other than that, it would be nice to have a detailed description of each character's story and place in the lore.

We've seen what the main menu looks like, but as you know there's no extras mode. With the recent focus being on tournament play, I'm hoping that they'll let player still unlock certain items. I'm hoping that they add it, since there's a lot they can do with it in SCV. Not only could that be the mode where there's artwork (official character artwork and miscellaneous art related to Soul Calibur), but that could also be where they could have the game's Theater Mode. Here's what needs to be put in the Extra's mode.

-Picture Gallery (Blazblue did a great job with this)
-Movies
-Battle Theater
-Battle Records/Honors
-something related to Assassin's Creed

I could not agree more. I think it's important that they don't just focus on tournament and online - some of us like the actual world of the game itself, so galleries & exhibitions etc would be a great addition for single player. I don't always want to have to go online to get enjoyment out of the game - there's a lot of worth to having good single player options. Even in VS mode, I far prefer having mates over to play SC, so I hope that the non-online content is just as strong as online. SC3 had excellent features and I hope they look to that for inspiration.

I could not agree more. I think it's important that they don't just focus on tournament and online - some of us like the actual world of the game itself, so galleries & exhibitions etc would be a great addition for single player. I don't always want to have to go online to get enjoyment out of the game - there's a lot of worth to having good single player options. Even in VS mode, I far prefer having mates over to play SC, so I hope that the non-online content is just as strong as online. SC3 had excellent features and I hope they look to that for inspiration.
Yes, like the story-mode which involved custom characters, I think that was excellent (as was the adventure mode in SCII). I agree, there should definitely be a strong 1P mode rather than too much of a focus on online play. SCII and SCIII had a decent gallery and exhibition feature in it, until they removed it in SCIV...

I'm back with another very uncompelling topic. In my personal opinion I liked looking at character profiles, because they gave you a backstory behind the character you couldn't really get by just playing the game. I know it's a very insignificant mode that is most likely/deservedly last on the agenda but I feel as though it has enough substance to be worth putting back in the newest installment.

Like other subjects i've brought up, I don't really expect this to go anywhere but I'd like to hear everyone's two cents on the subject.

Agreed, SCII and SCIII also had a ridiculous amount of voice acting content that was never used in gameplay or story modes.

Hope it makes a comeback in V, if only for Ezio's possible humored quotes.

I made my own thread about Museum mode, it must have also ended up being a comment in this thread for some reason.*DERP*

All I ask for Namco is to bring back the following in Extras:
  • Character katas. (SC4 ditched this)
  • A character relationship chart is O.K. to refer to, but should NOT be the main focus (as it was in SC4).
  • Just like in SC1, 2 and 3:
    • Show the character model, as well as access to camera angles. (SC4 ditched this)
    • Show the stage the character belongs to and let him/her stand in it. (SC4 also ditched this)
    • Information on the stage (SC4, you are so lacking <__<).
    • Character info (age, birthplace, small story, etc.). No doubt this will be in.
    • EVERY SINGLE QUOTE FOR EACH CHARACTER, and show realistic face expressions depending on the line. SC2 nailed it. In SC3, their faces were like dolls (imagine a character saying a victorious, happy line, but without an enthusiastic expression) (or even a "damage" voice, and they still look at you happy xD). SC4 totally forgot quotes as well.
  • More extensive artwork (SC3 had a vast library).
This is all I can think about for now.

Back