Soulcalibur VI DLC Discussion Thread

My sword is thirsty for the new edgelord, make him a DLC
Fpp_1570551566642.jpg

The Yggdrasil motif didn’t really mean anything unlike the eagle holding the Soul Swords.
Considering the Astral Chaos connects all the realms past, present and future I imagine the Yggdrasil symbol is representing that encompassing the cast saying they're all connected in some way. I dunno maybe I'm just thinking too hard about it and the developers just thought it looked cool.

with hilde's soul chronicle I'm noticing a pattern of depressing/tragic stories for these DLC characters or tie in/lead in material for SoulCalibur VII.

Anyone loremasters wanna go through the list and see who fits the above bill?
  1. Yun-seong A goofy kid who seeks to improve himself and face his idol to prove he has surpassed him.
  2. Setsuka A transracial asian/european woman who seeks revenge for the death of her master and suffered prejudice for her race in a foreign land.
  3. Viola: An unbalanced character who will sell on the appeal of her stockings and boobs. Amy now apparently has more of her moves.
  4. Hwang: stoic and heroic. His relatives seemed to have passed away but it doesn't seem to be a big part of his story
  5. Z.W.E.I.: Who knows. Perhaps he stole the wolf spirit from Jun Kazama's Unknown persona back in Tag 2. Maybe he is wilhelm.
  6. Lizardman/Aeon: He's lost his mind and his body is now a lizard. But he's turned into a bit of a joke character.
  7. Rock: Cervantes killed his family but now he has Bangoo.
  8. Li Long: He died and came back for his waifu Chie. Now he is being hunted by Xianghua's coworkers?
  9. Algol: Emo king who killed his son
  10. Dampierre: A troll king
  11. Lesbian Barbarian: A true lesbian never gives up!
I bolded the characters with the most obvious tragedy they can mine for a soul chronicle. But @DanteSC3 knows much more about the lore than me

Last edited:
Main Story:
  1. Lizardman (Aeon)
  2. Rock
Has no interaction with SC and SE but has interaction with other characters:
  1. Salia
  2. Li Long as Zhang Wu
  3. Hwang
These would have contained stories irrelevant to the main narrative:
  1. Yun-seong
  2. Dampierre
  3. Setsuka
They are important but none of them fit the purpose of the game which is to tell the events of SC 1:
  1. Algol
  2. Viola
  3. Z.W.E.I.

Li Long, Hwang, and Yun-seong directly or indirectly come into contact with Soul Edge, though. Part of their overall narrative. And Salia kept watch over Schwarzwind and might have touched Siegfried’s hidden Soul Calibur at least once.

Dampierre and Setsuka might be objectively less important, but they still play their parts. Setsuka in particular, should maybe get more development this time, like Grøh.

We got Algol and Viola backstory, and may or may not have just gotten Z.W.E.I. backstory.

Seriously, all of them. :sc5lei1:

I maintain that Algol is a no-no in SC6 until I see his reveal trailer. His style does not lend itself well to Creation and they will need to do work to make it mesh with the various body sizes and pieces.

What saves Azwel is that he "summons" the soul weapons. They are not actually protruding from Azwel's body. So it doesn't look bad to have CAS characters use Azwel's moves. It looks really sketchy if a little CAS waifu starts having shoulder blades come out of her elbow

They will most likely have an invitational for 2020 too. In a tweet they said "this year's soulcalibur 6 invitational winner is Skyll"

Back