Soulcalibur VI DLC Discussion Thread

BC4F8C6F-D471-4875-B0F0-D8EB6712591B.gif

I believe a purely bow and arrow character is difficult to do and much would prefer a character that uses a bow and arrow, bombs, and daggers. In other words a thief/rogue archetype type character and hell we have the perfect possibility for that in a character that has been around but never made playable who also has ties to a few characters. - Salia anyone?

Also want to say from a story perspective I like Azwel. I think he's the kind of manipulating and batshit behind the scenes type of character we've needed since Zas stopped being that. He works as a villain and is entertaining and annoying as a character to boot. His gameplay I believe is why a lot of people dislike him but as a character I think he's a good addition.

Currently nothing that has happened in the game thus far can be 100% argued to have not occurred before behind the scenes. For example in earlier games in the series Cassandra leaves to go after Sophitia and as far as the player is concerned that reason is because she witnessed Sophitia at the end of Soul Edge. Of course there could be other reasons and perhaps seeing her future self is something that occurred previously.

Now that is not to say however that I agree with this. I merely wish to admit that currently as far as we are concerned nothing really big has happened yet to confirm that the story is changing. Everything that has occurred could simply be what happened in the original timeline. Zas having knowledge of the future could merely be that he was finding more information during Soul Calibur II and realized that the best way to prevent the future was how he went about III. Perhaps even then he was being guided by the future.

Amy being Viola is another thing that we don't see in the previous games but that isn't to say any of what is currently happening hasn't happened before. I think there is enough time in between games that we could very easily see machinations working behind the scenes even for the next few games all leading up to V.

All this said however I do not believe that they are doing this. I believe that Project Soul probably when releasing the game originally wanted to create some behind the scenes stuff and I don't think it was until the decision for Astral Cass appearing that they finally decided on the direction they are planning to take the series. Project Soul did not even know if they'd be able to make another game and I believe they wanted to make it so Soul Calibur VI added to the story but didn't do much to change it in case they never got a chance to do anymore. Putting the story mode that has Astral Cass in the game however I think is very telling that things will be changing. We have two (potentially three) characters with knowledge of either the alternate timeline or the future and depending on the direction they now take it it could be either...although personally I'm pushing for an alteration of the timeline.

Neither the alternate timeline or original timeline theory can be 100% disproved at this time.

Elephant in the room: anybody wonder if the six code names will still be around or if we’ll get a leak like we did with Amy’s and Cassie’s names?

that's the big thing. Here's hoping @FluffyQuack can do detective work for us when season 2 drops to find any breadcrumbs!

I'm expecting either codenames to obscure the characters or they have nothing at all

It should be obvious. :sc5lei1:
Lol, TBH Leixia is one of my favorite characters in SCV. I do love how she has a very optimistic view of the world and I loved the dynamic she had with Natsu, Xiba and Maxi-sama. If SCVI continued with where it left off I wanted there to be a what if scenario if Xiba gave into his Malfested side and caused rampage and/or Natsu getting possessed by her demon and doing the same damage. Leixia having to save them with the aid of Maxi-sama with the addition of Riki- Li-Long and Chie's son- to bring them back from insanity. Hopefully, getting some differentiation from Xianghua in character development.
When Yellow wasn't Hwang, I lost all faith.
I think that Yellow is actually Setsuka tbh. I still believe that Hilde is Snow (fight me.)

Hwang might be Yell or Star. Mostly Star, though.
I thought so, but my joke was funnier. :sc5lei1:
Nay.
Could be nice, but with Rock himself even possibly in question... eh. We can dream, though!
If they want to add an equivalent to Amy and Talim, why not? He can be a fast, hard hitting version of Rock/Astaroth.

Oh, and here is Bangoooooooo!
ross_his_fathers_son_slide02.png

Crown Princess set comes with Hilde's DLC pack or is it free like Amy's Night Butterfly?? :sc4hil1:
Amy and Cassandra SoulCalibur IV 1p parts were free, so there's no reason to think that they wouldn't be free. But the way the season 2 trailer presents it is a bit suspect, implying that it is part of DLC7. But the DLC7 page doesn't show the parts, either, so my bet is that they're free and it's just poorly communicated in the trailer.

Edit: Correction confirmed, yes, the Hilde SoulCalibur IV 1p parts are in the update notes on Soul Archive JP, so they're definitely free.

Lol, TBH Leixia is one of my favorite characters in SCV. I do love how she has a very optimistic view of the world and I loved the dynamic she had with Natsu, Xiba and Maxi-sama. If SCVI continued with where it left off I wanted there to be a what if scenario if Xiba gave into his Malfested side and caused rampage and/or Natsu getting possessed by her demon and doing the same damage. Leixia having to save them with the aid of Maxi-sama with the addition of Riki- Li-Long and Chie's son- to bring them back from insanity. Hopefully, getting some differentiation from Xianghua in character development.

I think that Yellow is actually Setsuka tbh. I still believe that Hilde is Snow (fight me.)

Hwang might be Yell or Star. Mostly Star, though.

Nay.

If they want to add an equivalent to Amy and Talim, why not? He can be a fast, hard hitting version of Rock/Astaroth.

Oh, and here is Bangoooooooo!
Who is the dude with the axe? That can’t be a Bangoo fanart, it looks too modern

Back