Soulcalibur VI English Dub

Scv had some amazing voice acting. Scvi, while the voices are fine, the dialogue is a different level of cringe for grøh.
"Do not hold back, however I will" has to be some sort of translation error.
Maybe it was supposed to be "I will hold back, but give it your all" or something.
The voices from mina and astaroth are top notch imo.

Wait, how is it incorrect? It seems fine, even if it comes as a little edgy.
Improper use of however and commas?

"Do not hold back, however, I will" - Even adding a comma It doesn't really work.

It would probably have been better as "Do not hold back, even if I will". The way however is used in this sentence is implying adding more to the sentence but all that is added is I will...it also kinda sounds like he's saying "However I will" rather than "however, I will". But I'm not an english major so what do I know lol.

It would probably have been better as "Do not hold back, even if I will". The way however is used in this sentence is implying adding more to the sentence but all that is added is I will...it also kinda sounds like he's saying "However I will" rather than "however, I will".
this is exactly what i meant, i just couldn't put it into words.

The english dub is great but yoshimitsu sounds like a clown comparing him to his Japanese version (SCIV-SCVI)

I believe this is the current cast:

Mitsurugi - ?
Sophitia - Erica Lindbeck
Grøh - Xander Mobus
Nightmare/Siegfried - Kirk Thornton
Xianghua - Wendee Lee
Kilik - Grant George
Ivy - Lani Minella
Zasalamel - Keith Silverstein
Geralt - Doug Cockle
Taki - Cynthia Holloway
Yoshimitsu - Mitch Urban
Maxi - Steve Van Wormer
Talim - Kira Buckland
Astaroth - Michael McConnohie
Seong Mi-na - Erica Mendez

The only mystery is Mitsurugi. It's definitely not Ed Cunningham from past games, but I don't know who could be playing him.

The only mystery is Mitsurugi. It's definitely not Ed Cunningham from past games, but I don't know who could be playing him.
It sounds a bit like Matthew Mercer (previously did Zwei and also has a huge range of voices) but if it's not him I'm not sure who it might be.

Oh, and with the Tira reveal, who's her voice? It's not her SCV actress, but it sounds like someone I've heard. Can't figure out who, though.

Any pointers?

Oh, and with the Tira reveal, who's her voice? It's not her SCV actress, but it sounds like someone I've heard. Can't figure out who, though.

Any pointers?
Definitely Kate Higgins. Natsu's voie actress. I don't mind it. she doesn't seem to be doing a bad job. I will admit, it was a bit jarring lol.

Just realized Kira Buckland as Talim means that if they decide to do 2B as a guest character down the road they've already worked with her which means they might have had her say the lines when she was in for Talim. Hmm...

Azwel TBD (the mage from the libra trailer) might be Taliesin Jaffe but it's really hard to tell. One of the closest things to the voice done by him is Bartlow from Tales of Zestiria. Hard to tell

So from what we've seen so far, it's clear that Mitsurugi and Sophitia's English voice actors from the previous games are not reprising their roles this time around.
As far as we can tell, Mitsurugi is now played by Matthew Mercer, and Sophitia appears to be Erica Lindbeck. This kinda makes me wonder if any of the other characters will be played by different voice actors and if so, who might be placed in the role.
So basically I guess I'm just curious which characters you guys think could potentially be played by a different voice actor this time around and what voice actors you think would be suitable for said characters.

Also, if you're only coming here to rant about how much you hate the English dubs of this series, can you please just not? It's kinda rude and unnecessary.
Based on how unpopular in bamco's eyes soul calibur 5 was. I think the only people who might get their VA back would be siegfried and nightmare because compare to other characters those seem to stand the test of time as far as story is concerned, have recognizable tones, and are also pretty much mascots. I also think Tira might have the same voice actress due to the uniqueness of her voice and the range it tends to have. TBF I don't know the previous actors nor have the credits for the current ones. I'll look at the credits when they roll. I loved siegfried and nightmare in 5.

Siegfried didn't get his voice back, though. He was Roger Craig Smith in SoulCalibur V. Now he's Kirk Thornton.

Mitsurugi is Matthew Mercer
Azwel is Taliesin Jaffe.

Think that most of the voice cast of the current characters is known now

Back