Soulcalibur VI General Roster Speculation Thread

SoulCalibur VI: which 3 characters do you most hope for?

• A brand new character

• Amy

• Cassandra

• Hilde

• Hwang/Yunsung and/or Lizardman

• Rock

• Setsuka

• Viola

• Z.W.E.I.

• Other: Abyss, Algol, Dampierre, Elysium, Leixia, Li Long, Patroklos, etc.

Results are only viewable after voting.
@Dissidia Fair enough lolz. But regardless of if Aeon is playable, a 1 on 1 with a Lizardman is more than likely Aeon. Especially because we know he's still part of the Schwarzstrom team in this game thanks to the story trailer.
And i was thinking more along the lines of occam's razor. Why would he start at that point in the story instead of just uploading all of it? Just did. He didn't have to edit out "Unlocked: Lizardman" he just went in, and didnt record him unlocking anything. It doesnt show any of the chapter unlocks after all, so even if Lizardman wasnt unlocked, the rest of the unlocks are still absent. Its also worth pointing out that the video begins with a loading symbol at the bottom left, but when a chapter is completed it shows an autosave symbol (which is when the unlockables are shown) before switching to the loading symbol. Again its just i noticed it was omitted from the video, not that it was intentionally left out. But with its absence its fun to speculate.

Though I wont be surprised if I'm wrong lol

Last edited:
DoBUO-NXoAAYr0v.jpg

I think it's GG for Hwang, Rock, and Aeon to be honest. Even if they do come back, I'm guessing they would be very similar to the other characters already announced in the roster. My wish for Hwang's return is mostly fueled by the moveset Assassin had in SoulCalibur II and his unique style in SoulCalibur III: Arcade Edition. To me, Hwang is as good as gone if he came back with Yun-Seong's moveset or if he returned with a moveset that is mostly the same as what Xianghua has. It's over for the completion of the Dreamcast roster I guess.

I've lost faith as well. As much as I want Hwang and Lizardman in, I dont think they'll be base roster characters at this point. And it sucks because now if they're DLC, characters like Setsuka and Hilde are immediately less likely to be in as a result of not knowing whether we'll get a second season. This is pretty unfortunate.

That is absolutely the Xi Sword in his left hand. The shield isn't an exact match for Game Shield but it's just bizarre the inconsistency if the only Lizardman we get is using Hand Ax with the round shield with weapon in right hand mostly aping Sophitia's style. I don't understand.
I think it's likely the reason for the inconsistency is because the Lizardman that appears in game is a place holder nonplayable grunt. They'll probably sell SC4 style lizardman with the Xi sword and Game shield as dlc alongside Hwang, like Vergeben implied unfortunately

I think if Hwang and Liz are not in base, then one of them might be as DLC for S1 (probably Hwang unless it's YunSeong). The other one will make it into S2 or S3 by popular demand.

S1 might be Tira, followed by Hwang/Yun, followed by Setsuka, followed by guest.

I've lost faith as well. As much as I want Hwang and Lizardman in, I dont think they'll be base roster characters at this point. And it sucks because now if they're DLC, characters like Setsuka and Hilde are immediately less likely to be in as a result of not knowing whether we'll get a second season. This is pretty unfortunate.

Where is the dislike button... All hail King Rock! We need more manliness and not a nonstop stream of waifu DLC.

Where is the dislike button... All hail King Rock! We need more manliness and not a nonstop stream of waifu DLC.
Lolz in a perfect world we'd get Rock, Hwang, and Lizzy in the base roster. They should have handled the game like MK9. Filled the roster with timeline appropriate cast members and done more popular characters outside of that part in the timeline as DLC.

Lolz in a perfect world we'd get Rock, Hwang, and Lizzy in the base roster. They should have handled the game like MK9. Filled the roster with timeline appropriate cast members and done more popular characters outside of that part in the timeline as DLC.

Well, those small white circles are still there...

Well, those small white circles are still there...
Part of me wants to be optimistic, but i dont want to be let down lolz. We'll just have to wait for the next reveal to see if it's for DLC or not. Betting it will be. But hopefully it'll work out well in the end and you'll have Setsuka revealed before too long.

Considering that Lizardman is actually present in the story as an opponent (unlike Hwang) nad has unique weapon (Axe and Shield) and a few unique moves of his own mixed with Soph... I'd say we'll see Lizardman (as at least some work on him is already done), Hilde (because she is the first one ever mentioned by Vergeben as possible DLC candidate) and a guest as a season 1 DLC.

Considering that Lizardman is actually present in the story as an opponent (unlike Hwang) nad has unique weapon (Axe and Shield) and a few unique moves of his own mixed with Soph... I'd say we'll see Lizardman (as at least some work on him is already done), Hilde (because she is the first one ever mentioned by Vergeben as possible DLC candidate) and a guest as a season 1 DLC.

I could see that. In such a case, Setsuka will be S2 DLC to replicate Anna in T7.

Back