Soulcalibur VI General Roster Speculation Thread

SoulCalibur VI: which 3 characters do you most hope for?

• A brand new character

• Amy

• Cassandra

• Hilde

• Hwang/Yunsung and/or Lizardman

• Rock

• Setsuka

• Viola

• Z.W.E.I.

• Other: Abyss, Algol, Dampierre, Elysium, Leixia, Li Long, Patroklos, etc.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Cassandra and Setsuka scream DLC, while Amy screams season two now, since the fourth DLC character for this pass would be a guest.

Hard to imagine every DLC being female unless they're not allowed to make male DLC like TN was with DOA5.

My own issue with Lizardman being exclusively a CaS character is that a lot of his moveset from previous games would disappear. Like his head butt, ability to crawl/ roll, and unique throws. Stuff that stayed with him even in his transition from 4 to 5. I think its possible that Aeon with potentially his SC4 playstyle will be a selectable character. Either that or his Soul could be selectable for a CaS Lizardman.. either way I find it kinda hard to believe they'd just trash his unique moves.

It would be messed up if Seong Mi-na was the last female character in the base roster. That would mean there are only 6 female characters in the base game and 17 male ones. There doesn't have to be a 50/50 split in the ratio of male to female characters, but 6 compared to 17 is ridiculous especially if you have to pay for DLC to get more.

I hope that isn't the case.

My personal theory is that "lizardman" being a CaS Sophie clone in the new trailer actually confirms him to be in the game, in a way. I mean, I find it hard to believe they're going to cut him out of the game entirely as a unique character, so I think it's likely we'll see generic lizardmen for stuff like story mode mooks and then Aeon with the axes being his own separate character.

Only problem with this is that screenshot of the first story mode reveal trailer that shows him holding a sword and a shield :\

Has the reveal of Tira being DLC and Lizardman possibly being CaS changed anyone's prediction for the last few characters in the base roster?

InB4 this new wizard guy doesnt ever actually fight and just summons Inferno or whatever. So he basically isnt even a character. I dont think they would show him without an official reveal trailer like everyone else.

Aren't there 6 slots left? (If they haven't added more)
Think so, which is where it gets weird because they're kinda running out of SCII people.

It's at the point where i'm more certain cass is going to make it, and they might have rock, or possibly both Yun and Hwang. Not sure how else you fill the roster with the info we've got (assuming select screen is correct yes).

I’m getting the sense that he’s playable because he clearly has a lot of effort put into him and his style. Also the trailer was clearly alluding to his abilities which they wouldn’t do it he wasn’t someone you fight

Aren't there 6 slots left? (If they haven't added more)
Even with Tira being DLC, since she's essentially pre-order DLC, I don't think she's anywhere special in a slot beyond what we've seen, basically like Dampierre. If you buy the base game without season pass and unlock everyone, you'll have an obvious blank spot left over which is where Tira goes. So Tira being DLC doesn't free up a slot. Hwang, Cervantes, Raphael, and Grøh's Dad I guess I should have said, but since we don't know his name, I didn't mention him. There's also Inferno, but if we do get him, I put him in center slot. So the only other slot left would be Lizardman, but that in itself creates a problem, because I can't imagine anyone else going in that slot, for character relationships and that sort of thing being represented.

Basically, I'm saying that my prediction remains the same, and nothing's really changed, except cutting Hilde from my DLC predictions:
Code:
Hwang       | Siegfried | Zasalamel    | Nightmare | Lizardman
Xianghua    | Maxi      | Sophitia     | Astaroth  | Ivy
Yoshimitsu  | Kilik     | Inferno      | Grøh      | Voldo
Talim       | Mitsurugi | Geralt       | Taki      | Cervantes
Seong Mi-na | Raphael   | Grøh's Dad   | Tira      | Random
Custom      | Cassandra | Second Guest | Setsuka   | Bonus

Fearing for the worst, we could be seeing this as the worst case scenario:
Code:
            Azwel       Siegfried   Zasalamel   Nightmare   Inferno

Xianghua    Maxi        Sophitia    Astaroth    Ivy

Yoshimitsu  Kilik       Created     Grøh        Voldo

Seong Mi-na Mitsurugi   Geralt      Taki        Cervantes

Tira        DLC         DLC         DLC         Random
I hope this isn't the case but this is also likely to happen (I kept up with SoulCalibur V from its announcement to its launch). I know it's been stated that the current character select screen isn't indicative of how many characters we will get in the base roster but it's possible to be not indicative in a bad way instead of a good way (we could be getting less characters than implied). I would very much prefer the inclusion of Hwang and Raphael but I'm putting this out there as a way to brace ourselves should we face disappointment. Character reveals have been distributed through the year pretty badly and revealing a DLC character before revealing another base character implies there would be little to no more characters left from the base roster to reveal.

At the very least, I would be even happier than ever to see a new reveal but if not then what else would there be for me expect?

WIZ / SIG / ZAS / NM / CRV
XIA / MAX / SOP / AST / IVY
YOS / KIL / Cst / GRO / VOL
CSA / MIT / GRT / TAK / RAP
INF / MNA / TAL / YUN / Rnd

My realistic expectations. Rock, Lizzy, and Hwang respectively replace Cassie, Raph, and Yun-seong if the roster leans towards SC1.

If we are assuming that the DLC characters are already slotted, I'd argue it makes more sense for them to be in the corners, since those are the new slots, so I would arrange it like this:
Code:
DLC        | Siegfried | Zasalamel  | Nightmare   | DLC
Xianghua   | Maxi      | Sophitia   | Astaroth    | Ivy
Yoshimitsu | Kilik     | Tira       | Grøh        | Voldo
Talim      | Mitsurugi | Geralt     | Taki        | Cervantes
DLC        | Hwang     | Grøh's Dad | Seong Mi-na | Random

This would alter my DLC predictions to be Raphael (top left), Second Guest (top right), and Cassandra (bottom left).

Back