Soulcalibur VI General Roster Speculation Thread

SoulCalibur VI: which 3 characters do you most hope for?

• A brand new character

• Amy

• Cassandra

• Hilde

• Hwang/Yunsung and/or Lizardman

• Rock

• Setsuka

• Viola

• Z.W.E.I.

• Other: Abyss, Algol, Dampierre, Elysium, Leixia, Li Long, Patroklos, etc.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I can guarantee you guys that if it wasn't for something Vergeben said months ago, which we don't know is true, that NO ONE would try to shoehorn South Asian wizard into being Nordic anime guy's father.
Again if you listen to groh's voice lines in the libra of soul trailer it is definitely implied that he knows the mage...no other characters in the base roster would count. Now as to whether it is Groh's biological father or someone who took in some orphan to train for his organization we do not know. Regardless of the case Groh wouldn't say "despise" to some random character so if nothing else Groh knows the mage.

Mention any SC character and you'll see people asking for them to return. I don't think it's a bad idea to hope for as many characters to return. It's a surefire way to ensure there will be more returning fans.

Well, of course. No matter how obscure the character is, there is somewhere out there that wants them. That proves little, and especially means little from an economic viewpoint. It's not a surefire anything. People move the goalposts all the time. "Won't play the game until Johnny is in- I mean Baiken- I mean Robo-Ky- I mean-" and with SC, you have such a dedicated fanbase towards very specific single player content, or things like, what was it, team battle? That you certainly can't please everyone, and it's not necessarily reasonable to try.

If we're going by the very obvious Arthurian lore Grøh is seemingly based off of, then Mr. Wizard Guy would less likely be his father (the Lancelot to Grøh's Galahad) and be more like the Merlin, wizard motif implied.

I can't help but wonder if Groh and Azwel are supposed to be playing off of Arcturus and Algol. Perhaps these are those characters. Wouldn't it be funny if Azwel (mage) actually sits in a throne for his moves. Perhaps that's why we haven't seen anything gameplay related from him. Hell he is even shirtless like Algol in the end there. The fact Algol's theme is apparently on the soundtrack is even more potential evidence for something like this being done.

I can't help but wonder if Groh and Azwel are supposed to be playing off of Arcturus and Algol. Perhaps these are those characters. Wouldn't it be funny if Azwel (mage) actually sits in a throne for his moves. Perhaps that's why we haven't seen anything gameplay related from him. Hell he is even shirtless like Algol in the end there. The fact Algol's theme is apparently on the soundtrack is even more potential evidence for something like this being done.

The soundtrack that's been getting passed around isn't actually the soundtrack for SCVI. It's just a compilation album for the whole series showing off the "best" tracks from each of the games. Salty that Ephemeral Dream isn't on there.

DLC:

S1: Cassandra, Yun Seong, [Guest].

S2: Raphael, Setsuka, Viola, Hilde.

Straight outta my Fu-ma powers. Just wait & see.

So who do you think are the remaining characters in the base if these are your guesses for DLC?

Tira being DLC and Lizardman possibly being CAS created has thrown me through a loop. I have no clue who's left for the base roster now.

My hopes for Cassandra have grown. I still need to temper my expectations in case of disappointment though.
Lizardman is a mascot for the soul series at this point.

Lizardman is a mascot for the soul series at this point.

No, that's Nightmare.

250px-Project_Soul_logo.jpg

Last edited:
I hope at TGS they announce the remaining base roster. Like a massive trailer similar to the Grøh/Nightmare/Xianghua/Kilik trailer.

CERVANTES!
LIZARDMAN!
HWANG!
RAPHAEL!
NEW FEMALE!
INFERNO!

I hope at TGS they announce the remaining base roster. Like a massive trailer similar to the Grøh/Nightmare/Xianghua/Kilik trailer.

CERVANTES!
LIZARDMAN!
HWANG!
RAPHAEL!
NEW FEMALE!
INFERNO!

I think

Returning Female (Cass or Setsuka)
Cervantes
Hwang
Raphael
Inferno
Wizard Mage Guy

Cassandra and Setsuka are DLC locks. I'd imagine a new female fighter, as 3 is traditional and it'd be odd to not have a new girl this time. Plus, Okubo may have hinted at it with Kayane when she asked him.

Oh, and Lizardman is in the game dude.

Inferno is already in the game and is going to be a boss in Soul Chronicle, so why not have him unlockable? It doesn't hurt anything, the model is already there and the mimicry mechanic will also already be there, in all likelihood, so it's just flipping a switch to let him be playable. It would be preferable to having him be in the game and then not be playable. Same for if Wizardman wasn't playable, it would annoy. It would also let you make a mimic-style CaS for those who are into that sort of thing. Better than the original SoulCalibur, where both Edge Master and the Jello version of Inferno were both on the roster and redundant.

Back