Soulcalibur VI General Roster Speculation Thread

SoulCalibur VI: which 3 characters do you most hope for?

• A brand new character

• Amy

• Cassandra

• Hilde

• Hwang/Yunsung and/or Lizardman

• Rock

• Setsuka

• Viola

• Z.W.E.I.

• Other: Abyss, Algol, Dampierre, Elysium, Leixia, Li Long, Patroklos, etc.

Results are only viewable after voting.
SC3 had all the bonus characters in a single slot. What's the big deal? How many were there?? I wanna say 10 but I can't remember
17, but that was different, because they were the bonus styles, and it would be absurd to include 17 more slots for them. Evidenced by Arcade Edition, where only Amy, Hwang, and Li Long were left, and they all got slots. Adding three more slots to the current screen would not be a big deal. Adding 17 more slots would be a big deal.

@Sectus, it's possible that they are voiced, but I don't think we've seen confirmation one way or another. Would explain Cassandra having voice lines and yet not being playable, if that rumor/leak was true.

17, but that was different, because they were the bonus styles, and it would be absurd to include 17 more slots for them. Evidenced by Arcade Edition, where only Amy, Hwang, and Li Long were left, and they all got slots. Adding three more slots to the current screen would not be a big deal. Adding 17 more slots would be a big deal.

@Sectus, it's possible that they are voiced, but I don't think we've seen confirmation one way or another. Would explain Cassandra having voice lines and yet not being playable, if that rumor/leak was true.
I understand the need for putting dedicated characters into their own slot, which is why the arcade edition had those 3 because they fleshed them out into proper characters.

I was just thinking that, regardless of who the character is, having 3 or 4 in a single slot wouldn't be a big deal, at least to me. Of course it's also just as likely that all the dlcs will get their own slot as you say. We will see

Here is mine character select! I think that we'll have 24 characters at launch! 24 with Tira for those who will buy the season pass or 23 including Inferno who probably he's a mimic character and I think that he will be playable! Cervantes, Lizardman, Raphael and Hwang are the last characters that they have to be revealed and according with the 4chan's leak roster list I think that they will make it into the roster! The small slots down, I really think that one is for the DLC characters who maybe will be very likely my Setsuka, Hilde, and Cassandra and the other slot is for the CaS characters!

P.S. This is just my prediction, everything could be change until the release of the game!

p.s. 2. I also want in the game a new female character, Amy, ZWEI, Viola, Algol, Dampierre and Rock but the time will show us if they'll return

18_soulcal01.jpg

I wonder if by chance Hwang, Raph, and Aeon will be revealed last because their moveset will be changed the most from what we'd assume.

Hwang And Aeon were in SC1 which the game is attempting to throw back to. Raph is one of the more popular sequel (barring SC1) characters. Talim and Zas missed V...

What if TGS drops and they do a four-person reveal like Grøh/Nightmare/Xianghua/Kilik with the four that was leaked: Cervantes/Lizardman/Hwang/Raphael?

What if TGS drops and they do a four-person reveal like Grøh/Nightmare/Xianghua/Kilik with the four that was leaked: Cervantes/Lizardman/Hwang/Raphael?

Oh yes! That would be great! I really expect a 4-character reveal trailer someday..

I am 80% certain about my prediction now:
soulcalibur6_select_prediction.png

The two small circles become the Character Creation and Random Button as I highly doubt we will be seeing Bonus Characters or a DLC Button for all of the DLC characters. Sadly, we could really be seeing the bottom row as the Azwel and DLC row. This prediction is heavily based on the leak containing "Ivy Blade" that predicted Azwel beforehand. An older version of the leak listed Hwang and Lizardman but has since been removed. It is possible that Project Soul couldn't finish the two characters in time so they became DLC instead.

However, if the bottom row isn't DLC row (which would make me really happy), we could be seeing Hwang, Rock, and Lizardman at launch. If bottom row is DLC row then Rock will not make it in and will instead be the slot for the guest character. At average case, Hwang and Lizardman makes it in at launch but Inferno is moved to where Rock is.

This roster makes the most sense as it is based on a credible leak at worst (bottom row DLC) and completes the entire Dreamcast roster at best (Hwang, Rock, and Lizardman at launch).

I'm pretty sure DLC is going in its own slot. I think this was stated, and I can't see them putting blank slots for potentially months at a time.

That mock-up actually makes a lot of sense layout wise. Though i'd say Azwel would suit the center column better.
I'm very curious to see how lizardman and hwang will be redesigned in the story mode, because theyre pretty much guaranteed to show up. If they have something radically different it'd probably suggest they could be DLC.

I'm pretty sure DLC is going in its own slot. I think this was stated, and I can't see them putting blank slots for potentially months at a time.
I'm doubtful that DLC will get its own slot. Not only is it aesthetically unpleasant, it also devalues future DLC characters by making them appear like sub-characters who don't even deserve to be in the front page. Future potential characters like Cassandra, Setsuka, and Hilde shouldn't be treated like they're bonus characters just because they appeared later in the game and it would make more sense for the select screen to be resized as more characters are introduced.

As for the three blank slots, I'm primarily speaking in worst case scenario. Although it may not be what they intended, it's still quite possible for them to end up with this if they aren't able to make it to the deadline and have to deliver something quick. I'm wishing this wouldn't be the case but it can happen and I don't want to keep my hopes up only to be disappointed. The leak stated 22 characters including Tira so this could be what we would have at launch. Or maybe the center slot remains empty, the small buttons are just there for some reason, and the bottom row only has Created Characters, Azwel, Inferno, Tira, and Random Select in order.

----------

Okubo mentioned that there isn't a lot of characters left to be announced. Although "not a lot" is an arbitrary value, Inferno has yet to be "officially" revealed and revealing 5 out of 24-25 characters is 20% of the roster which can be looked at as "a lot". We have less than two months until the game comes out and he made it sound like the game's full launch roster is almost fully revealed. Revealing Cervantes, Raphael, and Inferno sounds about right to wrap things up. I'm just being realistic (and pessimistic) here and although I would love to see Hwang return, it's just better to see things the way it is than be in constant denial.

Last edited:
I believe it's going to be like Tekken 7, where we get a new slot added when the DLC comes out. In other words, the roster at launch could look like this:
Code:
     Hwang        Siegfried  Zasalamel  Nightmare  Lizardman
     Xianghua     Maxi       Sophitia   Astaroth   Ivy
     Yoshimitsu   Kilik      Inferno    Grøh       Voldo
     Talim        Mitsurugi  Geralt     Taki       Cervantes
CaS  Seong Mi-na  Raphael    Azwel      Tira       Random     Bonus

And then this:
Code:
                             2B

And then this:
Code:
                             2B         Setsuka

And then this:
Code:
                  Cassandra  2B         Setsuka

It's also possible that they might spring the last two characters at once, so it's not lopsided for a little bit.
They may also swivel down the two small circles when it's all released.

I'm getting more and more gripes as I go on. The select screen should look more like this in my opinion.

1_1_2_1.jpg

I believe it's going to be like Tekken 7, where we get a new slot added when the DLC comes out. In other words, the roster at launch could look like this:
Code:

And then this:
Code:
                             2B

And then this:
Code:
                             2B         Setsuka

And then this:
Code:

It's also possible that they might spring the last two characters at once, so it's not lopsided for a little bit.
Just out of curiosity, why do you think the game would have bonus characters? That is resource that could easily be spent on creating another character for the game. A lot of times, bonus characters use unique and quality models like Revenant and Ashlotte, not simple models using parts from Character Creation mode. I don't think this is something they would do in crunch time, especially if they had to cut Tira from the base game. The inclusion of bonus characters not only appears to be mismanagement of priorities, some can also find it a bit insulting if characters are cut in favor of it. Just wondering about your take on it is all.

Just out of curiosity, why do you think the game would have bonus characters? That is resource that could easily be spent on creating another character for the game. A lot of times, bonus characters use unique and quality models like Revenant and Ashlotte, not simple models using parts from Character Creation mode. I don't think this is something they would do in crunch time, especially if they had to cut Tira from the base game. The inclusion of bonus characters not only appears to be mismanagement of priorities, some can also find it a bit insulting if characters are cut in favor of it. Just wondering about your take on it is all.
For the same reason I feel like they'll include Inferno. They already exist, and they will appear in Soul Chronicle anyway, in the various stories, be it main story or individual side stories. If they already exist, it really seems like almost no effort to allow them to be playable outside of the mode, instead of forcing you to make effort to create them yourself if you want to play as them. A lot of the time, you can't even remake them if you want to, since they break the rules, like the NPCs in SoulCalibur IV's story mode, for example, having parts you can't access or not using the same layering rules or having damaged CaS gear. But I was kind of annoyed that you couldn't unlock them, since some of them had cool designs. I have/had similar feelings about characters from SoulCalibur III's Chronicles of the Sword, such as Luna's gang, Hyle, Kierkess, Mooncalf, and Roin, ones who had unique weapons (and, except for Mooncalf, 1p/2p costumes!), but weren't good enough to be unlockable characters, for some arbitrary reason.

You can argue that Lost Swords and Unbreakable Soul don't count as proper Soul Calibur titles, but I'm willing to bet that higher-ups in Namco very much count them as recent failed attempts at exploiting the IP.
This is highly believable.

Hwang will be a nice surprise if the makes into the game in place of Yun-Seong to take something from SC1. But if the DLC characters are already in the revealed spots in the selection screen, it will be disheartening.

And then this:
Code:

Oh my. I hope this is the DLC. I will thrust myself from depression. :sc3set1:

Funny thought:

V had 3 S&S users. What if 6 only has Sophitia because of the backlash of having 3 styles like that?

We might not see cassandra at all this game. I'm starting to lose hope

Back