Soulcalibur VI General Roster Speculation Thread

SoulCalibur VI: which 3 characters do you most hope for?

• A brand new character

• Amy

• Cassandra

• Hilde

• Hwang/Yunsung and/or Lizardman

• Rock

• Setsuka

• Viola

• Z.W.E.I.

• Other: Abyss, Algol, Dampierre, Elysium, Leixia, Li Long, Patroklos, etc.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Nyte

Fu-ma's Shadow
We've had threads where we create our own roster, but with Soulcalibur VI announced, I figured this to be the perfect time for a roster speculation thread. Here we speculate based on what we know what the roster of Soulcalibur VI will be. Remember, this isn't a "characters I want in SCVI" thread, it's a "characters confirmed, likely, or deconfirmed for SCVI" thread. Thus, everything we suggest must be objective.

I'll update the OP as time passes.

SCVI Character Sheet

Current Roster Count: 19

Soulcalibur VI roster.png

Base Returning Characters - Confirmed:
  1. Mitsurugi
  2. Sophitia
  3. Kilik
  4. Xianghua
  5. Nightmare
  6. Ivy
  7. Zasalamel
  8. Siegfried
  9. Taki
  10. Yoshimitsu
  11. Maxi
  12. Talim
  13. Voldo
  14. Astaroth
  15. Seong Mi-na
Base Returning Characters - Hinted:
  1. Cervantes
  2. Lizardman
Base Returning Characters - Leaked:
  1. Hwang
  2. Raphael
DLC Returning Characters - Confirmed:
  1. Tira
New Characters - Confirmed
  1. Grøh
  2. Azwel
Guest Characters
  1. Geralt of Rivia
Cut Characters - Confirmed
  1. Patroklos
  2. Alpha Patroklos
  3. Pyrrha
  4. Pyrrha Omega
  5. Natsu
  6. Z.W.E.I.
  7. Leixia
  8. Viola
  9. Xiba
  10. Hilde
  11. Algol
Cut Characters - Possible
  1. Raphael
  2. Cassandra
  3. Amy
  4. Setsuka
  5. Rock
  6. Yun-seong
  7. Dampierre

Attachments

• nrTM428[1].png
    nrTM428[1].png
    607.2 KB · Views: 1,340
Last edited:
What do you think this new bladed weapon will be? Maybe it'll be a steel fan, like the one Kitana uses in MK.

What do you think this new bladed weapon will be? Maybe it'll be a steel fan, like the one Kitana uses in MK.
If you take a look around soularchive, there were concepts in SC/2/3, I'm not sure, of a character that would use a sort of "Switch-blade polearm", it was drawn in a scythe position but also with the blade straightened out to be like a pike. Although that doesn't seem viable now since we already had badass Zas with his badass scythe, but well it came to mind.

Updated OP with more info. Kilik's rival is an assassin with dual blades he can combine into one. Pretty neat.

I don't think roster speculation will go too far until we get a confirmation on whether they'll keep or delete SCV from canon. Sure, it looks like they will do it, but without an actual confirmation, we can speculate literally anyone. There is something, however, which we can speculate freely, because it will not be affected by story: guest characters. The whole Fire Emblem character seems to me like its just a character that looks like Fire Emblem or plays similar to one, because of the way Vergeben said it: "suspected to be a Fire Emblem character for reasons I cannot divulge". He could easily say its suspected to be a Fire Emblem character, but the last part about the reasons, it could be because people think the character resembles too much someone from Fire Emblem. Besides, I think making a console-exclusive guest is a very bad idea.

There are others I can speculate, though:
- William Adams (Nioh) - Nioh was a great and succesful game, which caught a lot of attention. Bringing William to the game would make total sense, not only because of its success, but also because he fits in the time period, as he is from the Sengoku period, which is around when Soul Calibur happens as well. Not to mention that William could gain some of the "weapon changing" thing that the leak mentioned, and it would fit him greatly because of how many movesets he can use in his game. Namco already gave Sophitia to Koei's Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate, so I wouldn't doubt they would make their characters cross again.

- Someone (Dynasty Warriors) - With Dynasty Warriors 9 coming next year, I can easily see Namco getting a DW character instead of William. DW9 will have a lot more meaning than other DW titles because it will have huge updates in gameplay, so maybe including one of their newcomers or even a popular character would be a good idea for SCVI. DW9 will still have some over the top weapons (even though it was greatly reduced) and 1v1000 gameplay, but any moveset could be easily translated to Soul Calibur well enough.

- Mai Shiranui (KoF) and/or Gladiolus (FFXV) - Putting these together for the same reason, they're both from franchises with guests for Tekken now. I could put someone from Street Fighter too, but I cannot think of anyone important that would truly fit in Soul Calibur. Mai and Gladiolus both use weapons and could extend the partnership between Namco with SNK and Square-Enix. Mai could easily have a boob battle with Ivy... okay, I'm sorry, Mai would be really cool with all her fire attacks, and I put Gladiolus instead of Noctis because the latter is already used and Gladiolus seems to be really popular, specially considering the ammount of hentai they did with him.

- Someone (Tekken) - This seems kinda random, but I wouldn't be surprised if some moveset from Tekken would end up at least like Devil Jin in SCV, or, maybe a character itself, even if just to promote the franchise.

Last edited:
I doubt they bring back tekken characters. The response to dj was terrible.
Devil Jin was not really hated, only ignored in pro plays, because, apparently, its low tier. Its more of an issue with SCV receiving little to no attention regarding balance rather than an issue with Devil Jin itself.

Personally hate it when developers "nerf" or "buff" characters in patches post-release. Either spend more time balancing in development or just let strong characters be strong. The game should be a finished product and not need "balance" tweaks.

Personally hate it when developers "nerf" or "buff" characters in patches post-release. Either spend more time balancing in development or just let strong characters be strong. The game should be a finished product and not need "balance" tweaks.
It's kind of hard to predict how unbalanced things will be. I don't want characters to be overpowered to the point where "I must pick them if I want to win".

Yes, if the game ends up shit, just leave it like that. It was that stupid logic that made SCV an almost complete failure.

I don't see how Kilik is already classed as confirmed when we've not actually got any confirmation yet.

A little extra development time and resources can prevent this. SCV ended up flawed because it was rushed and its resources were siphoned over to Tekken Tag 2.
No, it can't. Some things can only be found when the games actually reach the public, that is why patching exists. Seeing something wrong with a game and not patching it equals an absolute lack of competence from any developer. And SCV's rush wouldn't matter if the game was patched afterwards, you counter your own points.

That makes no sense at all, we still aren't even certain it's legit re: Kilik.
This is under the assumption that SCVI is about to be revealed because too many sources are saying it is for it to be fake.

Way too many leaks pointing for that darling. Its more likely to be legit than to be fake.
That does not mean it's confirmed, if you show me a trailer or teaser that shows Kilik then that is confirmed. Anyone who is unaware will assume he has been properly confirmed, and that's incorrect.

That does not mean it's confirmed, if you show me a trailer or teaser that shows Kilik then that is confirmed. Anyone who is unaware will assume he has been properly confirmed, and that's incorrect.
He is as confirmed as SC6 is, if you don't believe one you don't believe either, why are you even posting in a SC6 thread?

He is as confirmed as SC6 is, if you don't believe one you don't believe either, why are you even posting in a SC6 thread?
Because you're spreading unconfirmed "leaks" as confirmed characters and it's wrong. What is it that you do not understand, exactly?

It's just like me saying "oh Natsu is basically confirmed because we saw some pictures of her that may be related to SC6" which is incorrect.

Back