Soulcalibur VI General Roster Speculation Thread

SoulCalibur VI: which 3 characters do you most hope for?

• A brand new character

• Amy

• Cassandra

• Hilde

• Hwang/Yunsung and/or Lizardman

• Rock

• Setsuka

• Viola

• Z.W.E.I.

• Other: Abyss, Algol, Dampierre, Elysium, Leixia, Li Long, Patroklos, etc.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I remember Vergeben talking about a large dark barbarian-like woman as a possible newcomer a while back.

What if it’s actually a gender-flipped Rock?

Not really the same thing as it was “some like it, most hate it”. As a reference to how this could work, just look at the popularity of Nyutengu in DOA5 versus regular Tengu beforehand.

Probably a repeat but I'm going off the Azwel leak. Have Raphael in read along with the other confirmed people because Aeon and Hwang seemed iffy after being dropped from that list:
Speculation.png

@SpellcraftQuill You left out Tira, though. And even if you are doing what you're doing, swap Hwang and Seong Mi-na, surely.

I'm still going with this:
Code:
     Hwang        Siegfried  Zasalamel  Nightmare  Lizardman
     Xianghua     Maxi       Sophitia   Astaroth   Ivy
     Yoshimitsu   Kilik      Inferno    Grøh       Voldo
     Talim        Mitsurugi  Geralt     Taki       Cervantes
CaS  Seong Mi-na  Raphael    Azwel      Tira       Random     Bonus

Cervantes vs Azwel because they're possibly competing for the Razzie equivalent of Father of the Year. Also seem really important people like the Siegfrieds and Zasalamel.

Talim vs Aeon as holy pure warrior versus once-holy warrior turned into a monster.

Mi-Na vs Hwang for obvious reasons.

Raphael in the middle for being a central character at varying points (II and V if he is that Nightmare)

Hwang vs. Lizardman for control over the Silk Road Ruin, but mostly because Hwang fits with the heroes and Lizardman fits with the Schwarzstrom.

Talim vs. Cervantes because pure wind vs. cataclysmic storm, but also Xianghua - Talim and Ivy - Cervantes vertical alignment.

Raphael vs. Tira because of their encounter in the SoulCalibur III title movie, but also Siegfried - Raphael and Nightmare - Tira vertical alignment.

Inferno and Azwel in the center, along with Zasalamel, because they're the pillar that is the central driving force of the story modes.
Zasalamel is more opposed to Azwel anyway, versus trying to drum up a rivalry between Azwel and Cervantes.

But my point going against your Hwang and Seong Mi-na placements is that Mi-na is going after Soul Edge, so she would go on the right side.

I'm honestly so OCD about Tira's slot.

And also I think it's been mentioned here that there was the Philippines and Spanish conflict around the time the series takes place. And Tira definitely turns against Nightmare when Raphael is the blatant host.

@SpellcraftQuill You left out Tira, though. And even if you are doing what you're doing, swap Hwang and Seong Mi-na, surely.

I'm still going with this:
Code:
     Hwang        Siegfried  Zasalamel  Nightmare  Lizardman
     Xianghua     Maxi       Sophitia   Astaroth   Ivy
     Yoshimitsu   Kilik      Inferno    Grøh       Voldo
     Talim        Mitsurugi  Geralt     Taki       Cervantes
CaS  Seong Mi-na  Raphael    Azwel      Tira       Random     Bonus

I would personally switch Hwang and Raphael and then Lizardman and Tira, only because that would better foreshadow both Tira and Raphael's connections to both Siegfried and Nightmare in future installments.

There needs to be more females in base.... kind of low for the series if they don't release at least one more.
But it kinda balances out if the entire season pass is comprised of female characters, to make up for it. It's probably the best business decision.

I would personally switch Hwang and Raphael and then Lizardman and Tira, only because that would better foreshadow both Tira and Raphael's connections to both Siegfried and Nightmare in future installments.
I think it still does it like I have it, because vertical parallels are more subtle, and I'm really on lock about putting the Schwarzstrom in the upper right corner.

There needs to be more females in base.... kind of low for the series if they don't release at least one more.
For sure. I hope there’s a new one, Okubo hinted at that possibility.

But it kinda balances out if the entire season pass is comprised of female characters, to make up for it. It's probably the best business decision.
That would be too much.

I think it still does it like I have it, because vertical parallels are more subtle, and I'm really on lock about putting the Schwarzstrom in the upper right corner.

Oh I see it. The only other reason I would have switched Hwang and Raphael is because it would also end with Seong Mi-na right next to him on the select screen.

Back