[Southern California] Kings Of the Ant Hill

okay... so I think I have one character down at a decent level. I really don't like how there's so many characters that all play differently... such a bad quality in a video game for me.

okay... so I think I have one character down at a decent level. I really don't like how there's so many characters that all play differently... such a bad quality in a video game for me.
Well if you look at it. Its all the same in fighting games, High moves with good block frames, mid moves that keep you from ducking and lead to low throw mixup. Just gotta learn everyones options and the one with too many are top tier. Of course there is that whole input learning muscle memory curve but lets all forget that while we can. Wohoo more fighting games!!!!! 09' is extremely beastly! Year of the fat/big characters!

I'm trying to learn stick and learn a new fighting game at the same time, so far it hasn't been a pleasant experience. Simple commands like D 3+4 (correct notation?) are really difficult.

Still haven't memorized my characters moves/combos, and I haven't started practicing movement yet. Come to think of it yet, I haven't done much of anything except lament over the pains of learning a new fighting game.

Noface = pathetic.

If you focus on the negative that's all you'll get out of it. Just try to play normally and eventually your execution errors will work themselves out. It also doesn't hurt to practice combos/movement in training mode a lot.

Noface, who are you picking up as your first stick character? You may want to avoid mishimas if you're just starting off on a stick.

3D fighters force you absorb so information. I'm trying to learn VF5 (I'll get T6 as soon as I try it out first) right now, and I'm just sitting in training mode for hours going through each character's movelist, where I'm going to have to start over because I need to do this with frame data tables next to me if I ever plan on learning everyone's frames. It's a huge pain, and it's hard losing so much online when you're so used to winning. It's a good thing VF5 is amazing online.
Tekken 6, with what, 40 characters, a bunch of seemingly unintuitive BS, and bad online? It's gonna be a bitch to learn, and it'll probably still be my least favorite of the three.

I'm also learning stick, and the stick I got has everything I hate: square gate, SFIV "art", and no cross-console compatibility. I still love it tho

VF5 is a "special" game. Don't get mad if it feels really hard. The system is not intuitive.

As for SFIV art, if it's the Vixen stick, I'll buy it off you. Pink never looked so sexy. I want me one of those. Too bad they so expensive.

You should go tomorrow, that's when I'm going. VF5 Thursdays (when I start going to their gatherings), Melee on Fridays, SCIV on Saturdays.

Matt: There's no pink on my stick.

You should go tomorrow, that's when I'm going. VF5 Thursdays (when I start going to their gatherings), Melee on Fridays, SCIV on Saturdays.

Wow, people still play Melee?

I think I'll drop by Semi's place tonight. Do I need to bring my PS3 and copy of T6 or no?

Melee is HUGE in SoCal, we're all brawl haters. Last two tourneys I went to had turnouts of 72 and 40 which were 20 minutes away from me, and the major tourney next weekend only an hour away is bound to have well over 100.

I'll be there at like 5:00, and I'm bringing a TV and VF5. If you guys are there earlier, post something

I'm already here
I wonder if we could somehow revive SC in SoCal. I was thinking we could have new tournament rules involving Hilde like the EC does (though maybe not actually banning her). Any ideas? Or have you guys all pretty much given up?

Back