Speed changes between SC3 (console version) and SC4

MONEYMUFFINS

[13] Hero
For anyone curious, Xianghua used to be noticeably faster with a lot of her moves. Here is a list of changes I find noteworthy:

A from i10 to i11

1A from i22 to i23

1B from i19 to i20

11K from i17 to i23

2A+B from i24 to i26

22B from i20 to i25

3A from i21 to i23

3B from i17 to i18

3B+K from i20 to i22

33B from i17 to i21

44A from i24 to i27

44K from i15 to i19

6A from i14 to i15

6B+K from i14 to i17

66A from i16 to i17

66K from i13 to i15

While Rising K from i14 to i16

While Rising A+B from i25 to i26

The moves that got slowed down by only 1 frame fit with other characters being slowed down. However, 2A+B and While Rising K should not have been slowed by 2 frames. Surprisingly less useful now.

Trying to do some frame data for SC 3 and I've found there is only a 3 frame difference between X's A and her WR K, so something in that data is probably incorrect.

A is i11.

IMO the changes that matter are for 44A, WSK and 66K. The rest are okay for being a bit slower.

The change that gives her a big problem, is the change to her hit/block recovery of her pokes. Almost everything is slight disadvantage to small advantage.... many of them are neutral on hit. This really changes the way she is played in SC4.

It's right on schedule, Tiamat, because I thought it'd be cool for new players to see what was different.

Shen: Wait, are you telling me that SC3 Xianghua actually had i11 A???

No Vints, X's A in SC3 was 10 frames, I don't care what anyone says. We've all been AABed by Thugish too many times to know.

That's why I'm saying everyone thought A was i10. All the frame data lists I saw say the same, so don't know how Shen Yuan disagrees. It did change in SC3 Arcade though...

OH, so did yall think X was gay moreso because of the cancel, because of the 1A, or because of her fast A? I didn't know anyone complained about her A. I know it's because she had a combination of things, but which one pissed ya off the most?

My findings suggest her AA is i11 in the console version, unless all the other data Ive seen posted is wrong. Imma have to take shenyuan's side on this one.

Sorry for not being clear. From what i recall

SC3 US i10 A

SC3 JP i11A I THINK

SC3AE i11A

I play the JP and AE version.

SC4 i11A

Oh yeah, i feel another change that hurt her the most was 44K changing from i15 to i19... its like so unusable now.

I doubt they changed the speed on console from USA to JPN, simply because the speeds for every other attack stayed the same. Only the frames on block changed. Interesting stuff.

And yeah, 44K got the boot. But it's still a nice trick for the followup that some players don't expect.

Maybe I should clarify as well, Im doing my testing on the US console version. Anyway I rechecked the difference between her A and WR K and it is in fact 4. But if X's A is as you suggest i10 in the US version, her WR K would have to be i14.

From what I've been seeing though the punishment numbers and the trade numbers that are posted havent been adding up and they are off by exactly 1. Does anyone know if the given frame data was done in the i = activation only or i = activation + first active frame paradigm?

Suirad: A lot of moves got shifted by 1 frame because throws got slowed down by a frame or two. But even with throws slowed down, we still pointed to Taki's A as i10. That's what I think, anyway.

Shen Yuan: I know for sure WR K was always i14. Test: Try having Cassandra's 1K hit, and then having her do 236B afterwards. (1K on hit was 0 frames and 236B was i14 in speed.) WR K will trade with 236B.

Lastly, this is the most accurate SC3 frame data for console version... http://darsh2006.free.fr/frame data soul/instinct.client.jp/index.html

Back