STARWARS BANNED in Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO only SK could be allowed, and even for him i think he don't belong plus a 100% breaking throw is just stupid.

Yoda and Vador should be banned because they are XBOX/PS3 exclusive, and you can't force people to buy shitty characters :p

France tournament organizers banned them all, SW chars and Algol, and we're all (i think :p) glad they did here.
We want to play calibur and that's all.

Anyway there should be no drama about it, if you don't agree with the tournament rules, don't attend them. If you travel for an international tournament, where banned characters in your local tournament are allowed, train and prepare yourself for it before attending.

End of story :)

The people I'm accusing of scrubs are those who are in favor of banning something because you don't like it or you (the player) are unable to adapt to it. I don't care how skilled you are, if you favor a ban for anything other than balance issues, you are a scrub. For TO's, the story is a little different. TO's have to be conscious of attendance, not to mention they have to at the very least break even for hosting in the first place. It is a financial affair, so attendance is very much a consideration. TO's have to think about both attendance and balance, although usually the two are linked.
I'll go into more detail on it in another thread, where I will make a proposal to put this consideration more in the open. In summary, when you ban something because you feel it's going to cost attendance, then it's understandable. Banning because you personally just don't like it, that's petty and I certainly would support such boycotts.

I will be honest...this is how it should have been from the start.

Allow Algol...Ban consecutive bubbles. (at least work something realistic out)
Allow Starkiller...ban A+B throw break.
Discuss on Allowing Vader...hopefully Allowed.
Ban Yoda...Fuck him.

France tournament organizers banned them all, SW chars and Algol, and we're all (i think :p) glad they did here.
We want to play calibur and that's all.

Well technically its really not Soul Calibur 4 if you ban 4 of its characters. Just some watered down version you people decided to play.

I will be honest...this is how it should have been from the start.

Allow Algol...Ban consecutive bubbles. (at least work something realistic out)
Allow Starkiller...ban A+B throw break.
Discuss on Allowing Vader...hopefully Allowed.
Ban Yoda...Fuck him.

That is pretty much what everyone should agree upon as I agree with u but some people will be too stuck in their own ways without rationalizing the reason for why the ban takes place.

I suggest these rules become the national/continental standard.

I'm biased though cause I HATE Star Wars, and always have. (I'll admit there is no gameplay reason to ban anyone except maybe Yoda)

That said, the community has to come up with some sort of national consensus, or else tournies are going to get laughable.

good lord. im getting so pissed at all of this ban talk. what the hell is wrong with this community? Ive never seen anything like this before. Its sickening.

For fucks sake, banning a character because you dont like them is the epitome of ignorance and stupidity. D.I.N.O. in case you cant tell, im talking about you.

Ive never seen anything like this before.

Pretty much my point as well. It makes the community as a whole look weak, as well as making the game look bad.

1. I'm banning them because They're Bonus Characters. Period. Nothing to do with Balance. PERIOD!!!

2. I have no problem with fighting SW characters. EVEN ALGOL. The fact that Algol is at the bottom and not top row, and is a Boss, I would allow him, simply because NACMO seems to think he has a role. We could go into Bubble-Ban stuff, but its easiest just to not use him.

3. If there is a tourney outside where you play, where SW/Algol is allowed. TURN THE GAME ON SIT DOWN AND LEARN WHAT YOU NEED TO LEARN!!. Find other players in your community that use said characters and play against them, ask advice etc. My rules don't stop any of this, everyone seems to think otherwise.

4.If Franman, or Nizer, or MDK, or ANY of the T.O players come to me personally and ask if for Tourney #n to include bonus characters, and no one else opposes it, sure I'll allow em. But when a new player comes, loses to apprentice and yoda, I'm telling you now he ain't coming back.

5. I'm glad we have some decent discussion going on for once. Again don't let my decision reflect any of the Toronto players. you guys can go on...

Lol, top row characters should be banned by default. So should random, since that may give you a SW character.

That's better, Dino. That's what your first post should have been. :o Whether I agree with your reasons or not, at least you've stated them now.

Personally, as I've said, I don't really care either way. I just wish you had done it in such a way that you didn't poop all over OOF.

jaxel - No.

Tiamat - No.

Dully - Yes. Who uses Random select?!

Page - I said all those things before but I dont think people read any of my posts. They're just replying to the Topic in general.

1. I'm banning them because They're Bonus Characters. Period.

DINO: hwang was a bonus character in SC3. Why do you think it was ok for him to be allowed, seeing as how you think bonus characters should be banned just for being bonus characters?

okay GUEST CHARACTERS. You guys know what I meant. While I'm at it I'm banning 2A's from all T.O tourneys.

okay GUEST CHARACTERS. You guys know what I meant. While I'm at it I'm banning 2A's from all T.O tourneys.

How about this?

You ban everything but the G button. Every fight would be fair, and no one would be able to use "broken" attacks, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back