Step~G exposed

I notice you didn't talk about QS4G in this video- did you test that version of Step-G as well?

It doesnt seem to work for me as well as QS~A+B+K~G. I hope someone else make a video of this

Alright, I'll see what I can do. Hates is writing an article on Step-G for monday to try and get Namco's attention, do you mind if he uses this video to reference?

I figured out that mitsurugi Silent Step (and probably sophitia etc) 236 also work in a way similiar to aPats step. It also need fix

Nice, you didn't mentioned about cancelling quick step wich is possible too, it requieres to get used to it, I've been using this since day 2.

I figured out that mitsurugi Silent Step (and probably sophitia etc) 236 also work in a way similiar to aPats step. It also need fix
what about 8896 B+K? Step Super TC, lol

I don't think step into stances or any other move needs to be toned down, only guarding. We need to be able to attack out of step...

what about 8896 B+K? Step Super TC, lol

I don't think step into stances or any other move needs to be toned down, only guarding. We need to be able to attack out of step...
I've already explained this on youtube
1) Most TC moves in SCV have very slow TC frames
2) Moves with fast TC frames are very risky to do
3) 4_6B+K have no TC
4) 66B+K TC its slow and its very risky to do.

The core problem with 236 and 214 that its instant TC startup and is 99% safe, as you can detect if opponent does a wiff and only then use punishment.

I'd love people actually did tests before speaking. Otherwise we'll end up needing another patch, but might not get it.

Nice video Belial.
I've been using step~4G and step~214, it's strong tools. Not broken but strong tools.

A patch needed? I am all for it. They should nerf Mitsu's frames too ... :) And how much fury bar he gets from 2K BE B.
Btw I've been playing Mitsu in SC5. He's my 2nd or 3rd character. IMO he is top tier :) He doesn't seem to have remarkable weaknesses.

I think its early to talk about balance, personally it _seems_ that aPat and oPyrrha are "a bit on the broken side" but I m not going to conclude anything so early in the game.

Mitsurugi is top tier, yes, but not broken I think. I dont see anything broken or spammable so far, I dont think there is need for nerf right now. Meter scaling is based on damage in this game, there is no way to fix that w/o fixing the system overall.
Everybody builds a lot of meter in SCV, most ppl do not utilize that fully and thats why it seems that mitsu, who relies on meter for his mixups looks like he builds it quickly. Its not true at all.

I've already explained this on youtube
1) Most TC moves in SCV have very slow TC frames
2) Moves with fast TC frames are very risky to do
3) 4_6B+K have no TC
4) 66B+K TC its slow and its very risky to do.

The core problem with 236 and 214 that its instant TC startup and is 99% safe, as you can detect if opponent does a wiff and only then use punishment.

I'd love people actually did tests before speaking. Otherwise we'll end up needing another patch, but might not get it.
What about fast unblockable cancels, like Ezio's? I just don't see an elegant way of patching out the ability to use certain moves out of a quick step that make safe stepping or step-TC possible.

What about fast unblockable cancels, like Ezio's? I just don't see an elegant way of patching out the ability to use certain moves out of a quick step that make safe stepping or step-TC possible.
Can you give me an example?

For the alternate version, is the command A_B_K+G (as in either or), OR A+B+K+G. I've seen it typed both ways. Basically do you cancel a normal, then block immediately afterward, or press all 3 main attack buttons, then G immediately after?

We in Hamburg now about the 4~G cancel step guard possibliliety too. Don´t know if it might get fixed in the future.

Back