Street Fighter 4: ....Screw it, I tried.

Since this has become the SF4 whining thread I will whine here.
WTF is up with the command interpreter in this game? It's so fucking dumb. Like I get seismos when I try to do thunder knuckle all the time. And instead of Ultra I get EX thunder knuckle feint. Awesome. I'm playing on stick in case you were wondering.

That's the biggest thing I dislike about SF4. These casual friendly shortcuts for specials are annoying as hell for me.

I get seismos when I try to do thunder knuckle all the time. And instead of Ultra I get EX thunder knuckle feint. Awesome. I'm playing on stick in case you were wondering.

I don't know if this is a joke or not, so I'll answer seriously:

Not to be a dick, but are you sure you know the commands? Thunder Knuckle is 214 P, Seismo is 623 P. I'm having a hard time seeing you you could get one for the other. The Ultra is 236236 + three punches; it's not even the same direction as Thunder Knuckles.

I don't know if this is a joke or not, so I'll answer seriously:

Not to be a dick, but are you sure you know the commands? Thunder Knuckle is 214 P, Seismo is 623 P. I'm having a hard time seeing you you could get one for the other. The Ultra is 236236 + three punches; it's not even the same direction as Thunder Knuckles.

No, what he says is true, granted it makes no sense given the motion of the two moves. There have been countless times I get seismo instead of TK and I get punished hard because of it. Reason why it happens? Stupid SFIV Shortcuts. 2 diagonal inputs = DP motion in this game. Doesn't matter if the first diagonal input is diagonal back it will still register. It's dumb and I wish they would take it out, but I'm dealing with it for now. :/

As for getting EX TK when attempting Ultra, I can't explain that because that NEVER happens to me. If I ever fuck up the ultra input, I get EX Seismo.

what fucking bugs me is the priority of some of these moves. take zangief SPD, i love how i would try a BnB ryu combo but fuck up ONE link and then i get spd'd by a spammy lil shit

No, what he says is true, granted it makes no sense given the motion of the two moves. There have been countless times I get seismo instead of TK and I get punished hard because of it. Reason why it happens? Stupid SFIV Shortcuts. 2 diagonal inputs = DP motion in this game. Doesn't matter if the first diagonal input is diagonal back it will still register. It's dumb and I wish they would take it out, but I'm dealing with it for now. :/

I still don't know how you could get that out of a QCB motion. Where's the other diagonal input? Granted I haven't really been playing SF4, but the couple of times I sat down with it, I didn't have any problems with this.

Not trying to say you're wrong or anything, just don't get it.

I still don't know how you could get that out of a QCB motion. Where's the other diagonal input? Granted I haven't really been playing SF4, but the couple of times I sat down with it, I didn't have any problems with this.

Not trying to say you're wrong or anything, just don't get it.

It depends on the stick your using or the way you hold it more or less. The knockback from my old stick (before it defected on me) was pretty bad so after I'd do a QCB motion and release the grip, it'll kick back past neutral and end up hitting 6 or 3. If it hits 3, the 1 input is still stored so I'd get a seismo.

I ment EX seismo feint for the ultra, but yeah the getting seismo instead of thunder knuckle makes no fucking sense.

Back