Street Fighter 4!

i was told that vega is low tier but i love useing him as his offene is amazing, what are some combos and shoudl i play all out offence lets say agaist seth? also how the hell do you do his friggin ultra moves, charge down then a z motion?

i was told that vega is low tier but i love useing him as his offene is amazing, what are some combos and shoudl i play all out offence lets say agaist seth? also how the hell do you do his friggin ultra moves, charge down then a z motion?

his ultra is a :(1)::2::3::2::1::9: motion.

If you are attempting to link it in a combo, you can do this motion :(1)::9::1::9:

Sirlin's theory is quite simple. 2 buttons throws and QFCx2 PPP are not terribly hard...however are they unnecessary...yes.

Sirlins' SF2HD ripped away all the unnecessary motions and made it more oriented on strategy and timing rather than fighting the controls. While one instance of said moves above is not hard, mixing in the combo links and other intricacies of the game, the added effort makes it that much more for a struggle to play the game.

One could say the 2 button press method allows for throw whiffing, which adds to depth, others could argue that Sirlins 1 button throw method was nice because it at least punched or kicked if you were out of range. Both are good and debatable.

However the QFCx2 PPP ultra and super could've been simplified. If Super is QFCx2 P, make the ultra QBCx2 P. I personally get annoyed when I accidentally fire an EX move when attempting an ultra., this would help. It also makes it easier for people who don't like to graft PPP and KKK to a button.

Sirlin is smart by stripping away the tiny stuff. He's not saying it's hard...it's just unnecessary and somewhat poor design. In Sirlins' world fighters are about timing and use of the move, not fighting to get the damn thing out. However in most capcom games, it's dexterity that is the skill that defines the pros. Added difficulty is implemented to a move to make it seem worth the effort. But is it really fair that Ken and Ryu get QFC P for haduken while rose must perform a HFC P for a move that cancels theres out? If it's added as a nerf, it's a flawed system. Experts WILL spend the time to get the movements down and to them it wont matter. They'll play the character to the fullest...but casual players will be scratching their head wondering why the hell Zangief has to give a full rotate to throw when E Honda only needs a half.

It matters what kind of game you want. Dexterity based or strategy based. I prefer Sirlin's logic by far, but that's just me.

and lastly...back to the outburst. It was still bullshitty and unnecessary kid. As for my physical threat it was a hypothetical. I'm not gonna hunt down some social reject just because he decided to say something stupid on the internet. If you were to act like that in public...I think it'd be a line of people wanting to cause harm...which is probably why this is your only way to talk big. No one in real life would put up with that.

(heh...bruised fat kids)

Well from the sounds of it.... it looks like the only fighting game you are allowing yourself to learn is the soul calibur series because just about every other fighting game whether its tekken, SF, guilty gear; you name it, requires more execution than soul calibur. The speed required to do cervy's iDGR is the same speed it takes to link most jabs into uppercuts. It's like the hardest moves in SC4 are the most basic in any other fighting. SC4 is not a bad game (hence why I post on this forum) but there is no challenge in the execution. I also dont like the fact that namco doesnt give a shit about their SC customers.

ill thanks, thats madd hard, how do you find him to run? easy or hard?

It's actually easier than it looks. Basically you're just moving from 123219. In fact, SF4's eases the inputs quite a bit, so you can actually do 1, 3, 1, then 7_8_9. This also works for all Tiger Knee motions like Hooligan Combination or Chicken Kicks. Just do the 1236 motion and then any direction up. Dragon Punch motions can be done with a double tap of 3.

I guess my issue with QCFx2 is not finding/hitting forward when on the 1P side. This largely seems to be the issue for most players who have trouble doing it. Muscle issue I suppose.

hmm interesting....so Vega on D? his charges and izunu drop(sp?) keep ppl guessing..this reach could be used as d, but how would i dodge projectiles? backflip or jump?

In all honesty, SF4 doesn't really appeal to me much, however the difficulty in perfecting the execution on some of the awesome combos is kinda fun... that's really the only reason I bought it.

C. Viper's Hard Trial Challenges are complete. Been rockin that Deadly Beauty title now, lulz.

Her Level 3 Hard still got me more frustrated than her Level 5 Hard.

it seems to me this game does not flow like SC4...don't get me wrong i love SF4 but it seems even on easy that it is a pain to beat Seth and do the trials

K, I'm gonna quick rant on what I hate about this game after playing it for a few hours.

Controls feel sluggish/clunky
Jumps are too short
Attacks don't make contact enough
Movement is waaay too slow
Dashing is just as slow as walking
BF moves are too hard to do on a controller. It's like an advertisement to buy a stick.
Feels unbalanced. I can just barely beat Seth on easiest difficulty.
Text is too small. Hurts my eyes.

Overall this is just an okay fighter from what I've played. Maybe it'll get better, but I don't think I'll get into it either way.

K, I'm gonna quick rant on what I hate about this game after playing it for a few hours.

Jumps are too short
BF moves are too hard to do on a controller. It's like an advertisement to buy a stick.

Overall this is just an okay fighter from what I've played. Maybe it'll get better, but I don't think I'll get into it either way.

controls are slower than many other street fighter games so that is just a choice of feel.
jumps fall into the first sentence as well, but honestly they r no diff than usual
attacks don't make contact enough? kinda a weird thing to say...
SLower than some versions but not an issue
Dashing shouldn't be super fast if the game is slower than other ports
moves are a bitch on a controller..but thats the controller sucking for fighters..not the games fault
not unbalanced. Seth isn't the same seth you use in multiplayer
Get glasses..lol

Jumps are too short

1) SFIV is a slower game compared to it's previous installments. However, being a SC player (SC is an even slower game) why are you complaining about that?
2) Jumps are too short? Play C.Viper
3) Know your character's range better.
4) Again: SFIV is a slower game compared to it's previous installments. However, being a SC player why are you complaining about that?
5) Who the hell are you playing with to say Dashing = Walking...?
6) Game was built for the arcade. Get a stick.
7) Easy CPU Boss Seth is the least of your problems bud. Play a Rufus with a good rushdown and then we can talk.
8) Get an HDTV.

1) SFIV is a slower game compared to it's previous installments. However, being a SC player (SC is an even slower game) why are you complaining about that?
2) Jumps are too short? Play C.Viper
3) Stop whiffing. Know your character's range
4) Again: SFIV is a slower game compared to it's previous installments. However, being a SC player why are you complaining about that?
5) Who the hell are you playing with to say Dashing = Walking...?
6) Game was built for the arcade. Get a stick.
7) Easy CPU Boss Seth is the least of your problems bud. Play a Rufus with a good rushdown and then we can talk.
8) Get an HDTV.

http://www.laceyp.com/IMAGES/SickBurn.jpg

I agree with Shinobi on the text. ITS WAY TOO FUCKING SMALL. In fact PS3 games in general have text that is small as shit. Is there any setting I can use to enlarge it?? I don't have money for an HD TV, but I swear this tiny ass text is a Sony conspiracy to get you to buy a HD TV. I can't even read people's names on the in-game networking menu.

Oooh scary.

How exactly do you plan to enforce your bold statment?

I'm sorry but when did I threaten?I just said to cut the elitest "I'm better then you n00b" shit cause it gets tiring and is usally just flamebait.But if you got an issue with me take it to the pm box pal.

ontopic: Who are you guys maining? I'm useing Sakura/Rose/Chun Li/Ken

Hope this helps :D

Helps clarify what I thought. Do all characters have an overhead attack to hit crouching Guile whores? I'm finding Cammy vs Guile incredibly irritating since she has no projectile attacks as suggested vs the turtle play.

As for recovering all health after using the focus - It seems to recover over time, not instantly. Does this have to be just timed?

If the avatar and signature didn't give it away, I main C.Viper.

Cammy is my secondary and the character I play if I'm forced to use a pad for the absence of an arcade stick.

Pad Viper is a sin I shall never commit again.

Originally, before the game was officially released on console, I was more hyped to main Cammy and keep Viper as a secondary. I was only playing Viper pre-console whenever I did get the chance to play IV as she was the only character I had interest in on the arcade version. Then console came, and as I sat in training and doing her trials, it became apparent that Viper required far more work (while being a hell of a lot more fun to play) than Cammy. So I decided to keep Viper as my main and bump Cammy down to secondary since she's easy as balls to play in comparison.

Sf4 is not Sc4 but it's still a great game. This Chung Lee movie is gonna tank. Id rather see the misadventures of bipolar Tira. I'd get that on blu ray for sure.

Back