Sword State Tips

none really. the only use i have ever seen is punishing a slow whiff or after 44B->6.

Any case i just don't find it very good since it no longer sidesteps, i always lean towards other options.

SW 88A (1p side) on block forces the opponent off axis, which means they endup with BT moves if they do something immediately after block.

This move has potential to force a whiff off the opponent. If they try to buffer 8wayrun moves they will miss their buffer command. Just be wary of what BT options ur opponent have. Some chars have better anti step on BT e.g: Zas BT 2A covers step better than his FC 2A, tho his BT B+K can be stepped to Ivy's right.

While its not top ten its actually a pretty useful tool.
After some more testing bcos of some inconsistencies, I was able to get better results. Usually if the opponent is tilted to the other direction bcos of factors like step guard, block pushback to the side or back, or being next to the wall can stuff with putting them off the axis the way u wanted. So instead of tap 88A, I do 8wayrun left 8A which is the same move, but it makes sure i place them where I want.

Its actually good against chars that are good with their standing mixups like Mitsu, Asta and Amy.

Im sure many of you have witnessed the instance where SW WS B has snared a win from somewhere bcos it ducks under certain mids. I am curious and did some testing in training mode as it appears the Super TC properties r consistent against verticals.

The effect seems consistent for most chars and it will work aslong as its within its active frames. Say I did the following tests 2A on block:

Chars' Standing BB:

Algol
Apprentice
Astaroth
Mitsurugi
Raphael
Sophitia
Taki
Yunsung (inconsistent)
Yoshimitsu
Zasalamel

Char specific moves:

Apprentice -1B ----*hot
Cassandra - 236A, 236
Ivy-CL 3B, 4K
Lizardman -3B, 6B, 3K, 44B
Kilik- 3KB
Maxi- 3B, 3A
Mitsurugi -6B, 3B, 66_33K (closerange)
Setsuka- 33B, 6B, 44B, WS B
Sophitia - 236A
Taki - 6B,1B, WS K ----*hot
Cervantes- 2A+B, 3B.
Yoshimitsu- 66K(closerange), 8/9K

Any other findings, postup!

This post is for reference where if you happen to read an opponent's moveset to act accordingly. Its not by any means a true counter.

for my SW i like to pop them into the air and use SW 8B+K or SW 1k,8B for those who don't know how to air control. sometimes i like to use....i'll just list some of my favorite SW combos. can you guys critique them for me?

SW 2A, 3B, 8B+K (one of my basic combos)
SW 6, 4K, 8B+K
SW 6, 88B, 3[B+K], [A+B].
SW 2A, 66A, 1K 8B.

sometime instead of 8B+K i'll finish with 214K.

for my SW i like to pop them into the air and use SW 8B+K or SW 1k,8B for those who don't know how to air control. sometimes i like to use....i'll just list some of my favorite SW combos. can you guys critique them for me?

SW 2A, 3B, 8B+K (one of my basic combos)
SW 6, 4K, 8B+K
SW 6, 88B, 3[B+K], [A+B].
SW 2A, 66A, 1K 8B.

sometime instead of 8B+K i'll finish with 214K.

I think you mean 3A. Anyways, all of these can be shaked and most players will shake them. You should try and do more guaranteed combos like 88b,214k, also try to mix up and make sure to use sword when your close in (obviously). That's my say but have a more skilled Ivy player let you know :).

After a shake stun in SW you should use mix up options, my choices:

3B~A+K, CL4B+K, SW 214K - 3B is safe on block, breaks SG in 10, and restuns on normal hit if they shake out of the combo. This is the best combo option BTW (unless it's RO in which case end with CL 236BB.
Grab/iCS
9K - for ROs
1K - if you expect an early shake and attack.

I don't know if this was mentioned before, but SW A+B~A+B~[A+B] seems to give the fully charged non-unblockable version of attack (completely useless). Ridiculous, but I thought everything should be posted here.

Back