Sword State Tips

SW 6, when shakeable on reaction early enuf, leaves ivy at disadvantage. The shaker will counterhit whatever follows. Im finding it funny nobody point it out. When u see a fight where both players need one to two more hits to win and Ivy does 6 she will get countered. XD Not enuf ppl do this.

(Skip to the end of the final round. You see Taki's jump A hit long before IVy does another 6.)

I wonder if this also applies to 1A. Tho it should apply to CH CL 6AK, cos very often I get ppl who've already shaken out just in the recovery frames.

Its a bit like SC3 Mitsu's 4B. You can shake out early and 2A will beat his 2A.

Nope, you're wrong. CH SW 6 is positive on hit. The video shows clearly that Ivy player delayed 2nd SW 6, that's why he died ;)

CH SW 1A is +16 on CH if I remember correctly. So they can't really shake out of if before they eat giaranteed damage.

Yea, there's no wai that opponent can interrupt you after SW 6. Only normal 6B is negative on hit and block.

Btw with SW 3A, this move is extremely good. Not only it stuns on NH, but also covers completely one side and... evades verticals (not like CL 214B but still...)

IMO, I don't know why they een split the effect, because sometimes my Arcade stick pre-maturely releases the B, and I lose out on everything... =(
I have noticed though that at very very tip range, the Hold effect will not happen.

For some reason I was thinking you said 66 which is a different move. I've known about 6 for the longest time so I just had the biggest DERRR moment.

Just to make things clear.

SW 6B: -10 on block,- 9 on NH, -9 on CH
SW 6: -10 on block, +4 on NH, CH and +4 after blocking 2nd part of attack.

So basically, this move is "godly" only on hit. But since it's i14 (AND accessable fom FC) it's not that hard to hit opponent with it.

I've been having alot of luck with SW 6A...this move is fairly quick and it is only like -3 on block...and it pushes back like crazy. Against some characters it pushes them back so far that they try to retaliate and I catch them with launcher or CS while they whiff...teehee

one of my favorite moves of ivy in SW is 9B on CH you can get 236K off, hits low. Pretty sure that its safe.

Good on hit, but strikes mid and is unsafe on block. However it has plenty of uses as a combo ender, mix up, punisher to a low, and the CH 214 combo is great.

I noticed the same thing what Davo said
after 6, my ivy opponent shook it and did a SW 1A on me
lol
I was so surprised
never seen that before
from that video, there seem to be some delay
at least now I know for sure they can't variable cancel out of 6
lol

SW WR B, BT A+B relaunch?

So a very common combo with me is SW WR B, BT A+B (attempt BT 2K sometimes). BT A+B simply stabs them and grounds them.

However I've seen some people pull SW WR B, BT A+B, 6B8. The BT A+B relaunches them back in front of you in that combo. How do you do that and does it become blockable/avoidable in that condition?

Those vids u saw are from ver 1.02. That combo was no more even since October.

I saw it yesterday...and numerous other times and they repeatedly did it. Are they delaying it and nailing me on tech?

It's a player standing with a single tap of the guard button. The moment you hit the ground, the move is no longer guaranteed, so you have choose to hit them in the air, or play Mixup when they tech.

Any good setups for CH SW 44A? Back in SC3 and SC2 this move sidesteps while antistep. Now it doesnt seem to have any sidestep properties at all. :( Any char specific situations where this can CH?

Back