Taki Vids

You're like taki with the fizz left out...no pressure. It's ok to dink away when you are close for minimal damage to keep the pressure up against a slow player. Follow dinks with damaging combos for a more spicy meatball, or dink their entire life bar away. If you don't find examples of a Taki that's employing this tactic just look at Cassandra and Sophitia. Utilize the openings you leave in your strategy to parry and gain advantageous spacing because Taki's range is deceptively long. In terms of basics, learn the range of the moves and start dedicating to a strategy before the match begins because too many times you're in range standing there doing nothing and that makes Taki the assassin sad.

yeah i really like the A+B, Mekki, PO hover business. gonna have to steal that! :D

:) thanx

yeah, it's pretty stupid. If you hit them it connects for a ground stun combo/bomb setups for a reset. Sideways ground stun guarantees 41236B. If you're a little slow and they tech the Hover B hits them standing and you get...a reset lol. If they they want to block...a LOT of sg damage.

win-win for taki if you mix it up well.

Hey link how do you pull the combo after hover B, WS K, 3bK, 1BA PO B? they always fall for me even if i try to dash up before hand

and is it me or do you guys think that taki should be able to run away while in BT PO? because only the B+K is the useful one. unless you hover fake and THEN 44 to run away

and is it me or do you guys think that taki should be able to run away while in BT PO? because only the B+K is the useful one. unless you hover fake and THEN 44 to run away
i think it would be awesome... but in fact a little too good. if they whiff against your fleeing back, you could potentially cancel the run into a BT A+B combo for ultimate broken lulz.

Hey link how do you pull the combo after hover B, WS K, 3bK, 1BA PO B? they always fall for me even if i try to dash up before hand

buffer the 1BA early in the PORC. For some reason Taki doesn't suffer from strict buffers like other characters do in IV. You can actually pre-buffer things in PO if you understand the system.

Do you mean your 3bK always whiffs them? Because I'm having that problem. Well actually, if I do just WS K, my 3bK hits, but when I try 2A+K, WS K, my 3bK whiffs.

Am I not fast enough?

Oh, Upa, after 3bK, there's a shift to PO and then PORC before you do 1BA. So I think it's 3bK PORC 1BA PO B(any finisher)

FC A+K,K is a different stun from WS K... The moves look the same but there are subtle differences.

Needless to say, 3bK does not connect after FC A+K,K stun hit

FC A+K,K is a different stun from WS K... The moves look the same but there are subtle differences.

Needless to say, 3bK does not connect after FC A+K,K stun hit

Hmmm... So what's the combo you do in your tech vids after hover B? It looks like FC A+K, K to me, followed by 3bK. I must be missing something.

Oh i man i choked in this match i know what i messed up on but feel free to comment and critique

@Motempest

Wow, not only that was impressive but thats one of the most entertaining Taki play I've ever seen.

Thanks for the props, that guy pissed me off with the Yoshi suicide in the first round of that set lol.

Oh i man i choked in this match i know what i messed up on but feel free to comment and critique

Yo nick, your Taki is pretty solid. Only thing I would work on is learning when to punish with AB and when you can get 1BA, 3KK, 3Bk ect. Also, Damage. I think you should only poke to annoy people into falling into the big damage setups or only poke as your main game when you're fighting characters that deal generally low damage. Amy's not one of em. Personally, I don't like Taki's damage output from poking in SC4 at all. Too much work with little reward, even though it's one of her strong points.

That Taki under the name Muse....vs the Yoshi.....Was that you Motempest!? Holy fuck....I never thought I'd see another Taki that damn good....I have to play him.

Edit: Sorry for the confusion. Two completely different players.

Motempest, your pressure/oki-game is like nothing else I've seen.

Quick question off-topic: Tier-wise, do you think Taki has potential to compete with characters like Voldo and such?

That taki is me

linc = link = motempest = 44.

My match vs devil x (XX) is up too

So it is you? Man I'm confused haha. Goddamn.....Your Taki....is something else. One day man we're gonna face each other. It's destiny nigga lol!

Edit: This is for vane505, Taki is so underrated by the SC community. They write her off as mid tier which is complete and utter bullshit. Other than a good Cass (which is a bad matchup for ANYONE), she has absolutely NO bad matchups to the best of my knowledge. As Motempest just displayed, if she can be played that efficiently then I don't see any reason why she wouldn't be top tier. I'm sure there are reasons as to why she's not....But that's just what people are saying about her at face value.

Back