Talim Frames

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never said 87 frame disadvantage... I said recovery on frame 87 on a move that takes 90 frames to process... That means 3 frame disadvantage; not 87 frame disadvantage. But that also means 90 frames disadvantage on WHIFF, when other characters would only get around 60 frames of disadvantage on whiff.

OH! I see, well then I guess I was being a dumbass, not a smartass.

probably cause yur screwed if you whiff... :/ The faster the move, the safer you are though, thats for sure...

Well yes, of course you normally don't try to whiff. But there are some attacks in the game that just have a lot more animation frames to recover from than others regardless of character. Look at Seong Mi-na's 3bK. It comes out fairly quick, but then the animation has her bring her leg back slowly making the move very unsafe due to slow recovery. Same with Kilik's 4B. Fast looking move to impact, but recovery is terrible if whiffed.

Another example. If you jump a low the opponent has a lot more vulnerability time than if you blocked that same low. Talim's WL A is only -7 on block making it safe, but if you jumped it you can score damage because of recovery.

I mean I guess it's not necessary to add an additional column of data for everyone, but I was just wondering why it wasn't thought of in the beginning.

So you try not to whiff but you do anyway, and so your at -80 or something, well............ your still screwed... lol!!!
To play safe with Talim, look at her frame data... and try not to whiff...
risk and reward is a big part of the game in general...

Wow that suck. so it basically risking your neck for little money.

Basically. It's only really a problem once you get to high level play, and everyone knows something about her moveset. But then again, that can work to your advantage as well.

So you try not to whiff but you do anyway, and so your at -80 or something, well............ your still screwed... lol!!!
To play safe with Talim, look at her frame data... and try not to whiff...
risk and reward is a big part of the game in general...

Well, I think the point is that Talim doesn't have a lot of "safe" moves to begin with. Most of the moves that are safe are high, which basically means you'll whiff eventually. So in order to play safe with Talim, you have to know her, and your opponents character, better than your opponent. So like Dogysamich said,............. oof.

<____<
>____>
*runs away*

Also keep in mind that safety doesn't equal victory. Even the safest Talims that whiff nothing can still be beaten. And conversely, you can win by using lots of unsafe stuff. You really just have to adapt to your opponent as the match goes. Use safe stuff to make the opponent think twice about rushdown and lock up, then gradually you'll find openings for less safe tricks.

Talim frames updated... added some TC/ TJ data and filled in some blanks... Talim's BT [A] is i44 ;/
EDIT:
Talim frames are complete...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back