Talim Q&A / General Discussion

ZOMBIEBEAR666

[09] Warrior
Hey, I was wondering how you cancel 4B+K??? I can't find it in here... I know after 11B~WC~WL transition is cancelled she doesn't do WS, but can you cancel it just out of 4B+K from neutral???

CappuccinoJak

[12] Conqueror
so, assuming Talim is in SC5, how fast will this soul arena die out? i mean, some people are definitely gonna be playing SC4 if they don't get 5 the day it comes out, but is anyone gonna stick around here for a bit?

(i'm just kinda messing around now, can't learn anymore with any of my characters, so i'm just talking about character speculation now and i figured that this'd be a better thread for this post.)

Talim JP

Talim & SoulCalibur supporter
If she's in SCV then I'm swichin to the new game the day it gets delivered (I'll preorder it from Amazon JP).

Fuzzieviking

[13] Hero
You guys should see if after FC3BB Wall splat, aa6ab4 causes a forced guess between a or k, or is it still readable?

I can't test it as I don't have a human person to play against that isn't online, I'm curious to see how that would work since that should be a standing shake able stun.

Alpha

[12] Conqueror
When I do 6k I notice it causes a knockback at times, but sometimes it won't. I tried again and it wouldn't work. Does it knockback randomly???
You guys should see if after FC3BB Wall splat, aa6ab4 causes a forced guess between a or k, or is it still readable?

I can't test it as I don't have a human person to play against that isn't online, I'm curious to see how that would work since that should be a standing shake able stun.

I can test it out tonight and let you know later, but what do you mean by "causes a forced guess between a or k, or is it still readable?" ?

Alpha

[12] Conqueror
Questions.

1) Can you BT A+B 236A 236B after you BT B+Kx2 A+B I can never pull it off.

2) AS A+B isn't always guaranteed after 236B because of AC right?

3) 1A B:B AAB, what else can I do besides AAB that has about the same damage?

Thanks for all who reply.

Talim JP

1) Anytime you are in BT you should be able to do the IWC (Ice Wind Combo). I think the starting :2::3::6: is always towards the opponent.
2) Correct. After :2::3::6::B: you should do :6::6::B: :2::A::+::B:.
3) Think the only things guaranteed after :B:::B: are :2::K: or :2::A::+::B:.

Alpha

[12] Conqueror
1) Anytime you are in BT you should be able to do the IWC (Ice Wind Combo). I think the starting :2::3::6: is always towards the opponent.
2) Correct. After :2::3::6::B: you should do :6::6::B: :2::A::+::B:.
3) Think the only things guaranteed after :B:::B: are :2::K: or :2::A::+::B:.

Awesome. Thanks JP.

ZeroEffect317

[13] Hero
Questions.

1) Can you BT A+B 236A 236B after you BT B+Kx2 A+B I can never pull it off.
2) AS A+B isn't always guaranteed after 236B because of AC right?
3) 1A B:B AAB, what else can I do besides AAB that has about the same damage?

Thanks for all who reply.

Actually Talim JP is wrong about 2 and 3.

- AS A+B is not ACable. 100% guaranteed after 236B hits.
- and after WC B:B, AAB isn't even guaranteed. It's AC-able. You only get AA, 1B, or K guaranteed.

Talim JP

ZeroEffect317- Sorry, should leave the questions to you, haha.

-I never tried AS :A::+::B: after :2::3::6::B: but thought it's ACable.
-Forgot that you said before :A::A::B: isn't guranteed (but some people don't know so they don't AC).