Talim Video Archive

I see you improving and improving. I really like it that you are getting closer to being really competitive with Talim. I don't know if it is the lack of Talim knowledge from your opponents or you just kickin' ass! Nonetheless I saw one strange thing and that was in the second video around the 3:10 mark.

You hit Astaroth with WL :A:, so naturally you follow up with FC :3::B::B: but due to the fear of ringing yourself out you do a WL(shortened I guess) :K:. And this one strikes me is that it SEEMS like you are combo-ing with it. Do any of you can share some insight on this. Cause it seems really strange to me.

Edit: that would be WL :A: instead of AS :A: stupid me... :D

Yeah. I think Jaxel mentioned something to me before that if you hit WL A on CH and do the FC 3BB combo you can pick them up off the ground with WL K and it combos with it. I've done it many times before but I never knew why it worked sometimes and not always. I know WL K can catch rolls and pick them up off the ground like that as well.

Well the grand question is then: Will it catches tech aswell? We may have just found a new staple combo otherwise with tech trap variations (wich is always a good thing ^^). Also it removes the annoyance of risking a self-RO.

From what I can tell, WL A, FC 3BB, 4~6 K is a tech trap only. It's not a combo. Though it may depend on range. I usually only catch them when I'm close next to a wall and they tech.

After watching it in full screen mode it's clear that WL K didn't combo. It says 4 combos after the FC 3BB hits, and then 2 combos when the WL K hits grounded. If it comboed it would've said 6 combos.

Uploading slot of videos. Take your time if you plan on watching them :P

Endnow (Siegfried) vs Me

I only watched the first two, but really good games so far. Not much too comment on yet, but Sieg's :3::(B): really screws up Talim's AS to BT mindgames, at least from FC:3::B::B:~:6:. It even dodges AS :A::+::K: O_O

I watched nearly everyone of them now and I do have some minor notes but for the rest it was a nice match-up although you guys know each other very well now, so most of the time the fight became a bit routine.

1: Yes :3::(B): is a real pain for Talim. When I encounter a Siegfried who likes to use that move alot I sometimes just blind GI after I block one of them. Most of them will be scared to use it next time then. However he can just do :B: after it and you will eat free damage. Choices choices...

2: Is it me or weren't you finishing some combo's on purpose? Like when you hit a AS :B:+:K:~6,AS :A:+:B: you never went for the free :2::A:+:B:. I can be wrong but this is essentially free damage because your opponent is still in the same situation as if you haven't done it. I may be horribly wrong on this one but I just don't see it :P

Just some things I noticed. Again you are probably a better player then me :P.

I dont know Eclair's intent behind it, but I know that sometimes I'll leave out 2A+B after hitting it a few times just to entice a tech.

... cause I mean talim has soooooo much to scare you on the ground.

You both have improved!

Good goin to Endnow as well.

Sig probably has a better move to use when Talim's behind him at long range though.
I didn't see Sig's move where he pushes his sword draggin it on the ground while runnin forward. You may have been able to work that into some of your Combos.

I dont know Eclair's intent behind it, but I know that sometimes I'll leave out 2A+B after hitting it a few times just to entice a tech.

... cause I mean talim has soooooo much to scare you on the ground.

Actually Talim loves being on the ground more then the opponent. *cough* RUNNING :K: *cough*.
*whistles*.

fuck that. Wiffed AS K for the timeout is the greatest strat ever. Or the biggest mistake you could make if you lose for it. XD

Still watching the vids, Eclair but I had to stop it at 2:00 on the 3rd one to give this tip. Whenever you land WL K remotely close to an edge, 6A+B for guaranteed RO.

66B works too, but it's not as reliable for RO and is harder to time sometimes. Aight, now back to watchin'.

Uploading slot of videos. Take your time if you plan on watching them :P

Endnow (Siegfried) vs Me

first match: failed to break a stun or two like CH 6K

inconsistent punishing of sieg's 3B throughout. got hit after blocking WR B a lot. I think it just takes practice to distinguish between the moves, cause in talims case blocking 3B means you attack, blocking WR B means you dont

I think you ate unnecessary CHs a lot of times but can't say exactly why. There should be some way(s) to minimize the number of times you eat CHs though, so think about it.

also more step would be good, step left is preferable because it evades sieg's 3A (should anyway)

good talim though :)

Prymo: I'll admit that i didn't know you can get a guaranteed 2A+B after that, I'll be using that in the future.

TalimJP: Sieg uses his BT game pretty well because of the time it takes to get back into guard from BT for me.

Zeroeffect: Didn't know about the 6A+B after WL K. I never manage to get 66B off though. Probably timing problem for me.

Tiamat: I used to punish everything that Sieg did, from 3B to WR B. However, his KK after that actually interupts Talim's BB's, while a second 3B punishes AA's.

Thanks for the comments guys, definitely will try to improve from them. Uploading more videos, that is if you can stand watching them :P

AA is guaranteed after blocked 3B, there's no way he could block it then do another one to TC it

also, unless talim has an i11 attack (which I don't think she has) she can't punish WR B at all

AA is guaranteed after blocked 3B, there's no way he could block it then do another one to TC it

also, unless talim has an i11 attack (which I don't think she has) she can't punish WR B at all

kk, it wasn't exactly 3B after 3B but he punishes me alot when i do AA, which is her faster move. Didn't know that about WR B, thanks for that.

Two more videos:

Kong (Rock) vs Me

Second vid = Yoooo, it's the unblockable!

Nice vids again Eclair. I'm not very familiar with anti-Rock strats. But you seem to have had little trouble handling him, (at least in those vids), so I don't think any advice there is needed.

Tiamat: No, she doesn't have an i11. Talim's fastest move is i13.

kk, it wasn't exactly 3B after 3B but he punishes me alot when i do AA, which is her faster move. Didn't know that about WR B, thanks for that.

Two more videos:

Kong (Rock) vs Me

AA should be guarnateed after blcoked Sieg 3. I can understand if you do random AA and his 3B will TC and counterhit you, but if you block 3 you can get free AA because it beats his knee. However, after blocking WR his knee trades with i12 moves, meaning talim cannot interrupt the knee here.

I'll check out the videos with Engared later.

Back