Taunting

When is taunting cool?

• You just destroyed your opponent 3-0. "What? I can't hear you over how awesome I am."

Votes: 13 9.0%
  • You just barely won a very close match 3-2. "What an accomplishment! Hooray, me!"

Votes: 13 9.0%
  • The opponent talked trash before/during the match. "The nerve! Eat it!"

Votes: 47 32.4%
  • The opponent is a noob. "lol. teh suxorz!"

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • Whenever there's an opening. "Look at me dance!"

Votes: 46 31.7%
  • Never. "It's pretty stupid, actually. I'm not a douche bag."

Votes: 22 15.2%

• Total voters

NAGA

[08] Mercenary
Is there ever a time when taunting isn't sort of a jackass thing to do?

Of course there are retaliatory taunts, and joking taunts between friends, but I'm referring to the situations where you have two people who don't know each other and one, for whatever reason, taunts the other.

taunting is 1000% necessary when playing with people you know, at least for me. we all kinda joke about being douchebags to one another. i think it adds some friendly competition.

as for people you don't know, its for one of two reasons.
a: you're ~getting in their head~ to either rile them up or break their confidence
b: just a cocky jackass.

You need to get at least 5 taunts in after a round, anything less should count as a loss.

:sc4alg1: Come-Come-Come-Come-Come worthless dog!!

Of course there are retaliatory taunts, and joking taunts between friends, but I'm referring to the situations where you have two people who don't know each other and one, for whatever reason, taunts the other.

Sure. It's just a tactic used when you start learning about mind games. I see a few people taunt because you can cancel it quickly to attack when your opponent drops their guard.

I main Cassandra, so I can quickly just go with BB or 236B during her taunt (duckwalk, lol).

I don't usually taunt, mainly because I hardly find situations where I have to in order to create an opening, but..yes, taunts are useful in some ways. Some people just use it to create openings though. Hope this helps :)

You need to get at least 5 taunts in after a round, anything less should count as a loss.

This is Alex J. all the way! Either Algol or it's "I don't under-I don't under-I don't under-I don't under-I don't understand"

I love taunting.....nowadays I don't even use the regular taunt anymore, I do the whiffed CF animation. I love to do this when people do stuff like ring themselves out or fall to the same move a bunch of times cuz it looks like the character is shaking their head in disbelief.

Yeah, when you're playing Tira and you want a mood change for the next round. Other than that, no. Although I like making Lizardman dance by spamming his taunt again and again before the taunt animation finishes.

Taunting is always good, its fun. With friends I always talk shit. I just dont really like when someone wins online and they keep hitting u on the ground with the same move. I think these people need to take their Ritalin. Yoshi is probably king of taunting; all the Tekken moves, suicides, everything he does is goofy.

most of the character taunts are pretty lame (animation i mean) so i don't bother with them.

This is Alex J. all the way! Either Algol or it's "I don't under-I don't under-I don't under-I don't under-I don't understand"

I love taunting.....nowadays I don't even use the regular taunt anymore, I do the whiffed CF animation. I love to do this when people do stuff like ring themselves out or fall to the same move a bunch of times cuz it looks like the character is shaking their head in disbelief.

Oooo i like that idea!! Stealin that shit!

I use voldo and instead of taunting after I win I super freak or go into mantis crawl and hump like crazy

Yeah, when you're playing Tira and you want a mood change for the next round. Other than that, no. Although I like making Lizardman dance by spamming his taunt again and again before the taunt animation finishes.

Lol I love spamming Tira's English JS taunt sometimes. Here-here-here-here-here-here kitty kitty. Man, that really annoys some people.

Also, with Nightmare it's kinda fun to do B+K~G~B+K~G over and over because it sounds like he's laughing as he slowly glides backwards.

120% true. Extra points if done with Hilde, Algol, Lizardman, or Asta.

I had a very bitter, delicate as a flower, easily hurt buddy (who shall remain nameless) remove me from his friends list over harmless taunting, which just makes it all the more hilarious and awesome.

PROTIP: If you're idiot enough to let taunting get to you, it's only more motivation for someone to do it.

Yoshimitsu: 3a+b:GGGGGGGGG "Wait One Moment!"...I've tried using this in a match just to mess with people...sooooo punishable XD I just use it at the end sometimes.

Back