Team Mighty Chicago - TMCHI

I have an exam on the morning of the 26th. Are there gonna be scv or t6 pool play at that time?

Oh, I knew I forgot something. The schedule for Friday and Saturday (Sunday is finals only) can be found here: http://ufgtus.wordpress.com/schedule/

SCV pools are at 7pm and 9pm on Friday, and at 10am and 12pm on Saturday. So yes, there is a chance you might end up in a pool that takes place during your exam. (Pools will be announced on Monday, May 21st by the way.)

Hi Chi Peeps

I think i will be in chicago this saturday to celebrate a friends birthday. I know you guys usually play on sundays. I was wondering if you guys wanted to hang out saturday night and play some games and maybe house me until sunday and we can play games until i head back to Indiana.

This is just a tentative idea, because i do not have details on the birthday party so this may or may not work. Anyways, please PM me some contact info and i will work with you guys this weekend if possible.

I plan on attending at least the first day of the tourney, but I don't know if I have the money to enter. I'll be sure to get a spectator pass and do some friendlies with y'all though :)

Oh, I knew I forgot something. The schedule for Friday and Saturday (Sunday is finals only) can be found here: http://ufgtus.wordpress.com/schedule/

SCV pools are at 7pm and 9pm on Friday, and at 10am and 12pm on Saturday. So yes, there is a chance you might end up in a pool that takes place during your exam. (Pools will be announced on Monday, May 21st by the way.)

I just talked to a bunch of the Chicago players and they didn't even know the tournament was next week. Then I checked this site and the tournament was posted by someone who isn't even a TO for the tournament about a week and a half ago (he prob noticed the topic wasn't here). This is like the third time something like this has happened in regards to consideration for the SC community. I honestly only know about the tournament because I watch so many streams (I didn't even know pools are starting on Friday). At this point, some of them are trying to get the weekend free s we'll see...but, if Chicago's own players don't know about the tournament and haven't planned for it...I doubt if many people outside of the Midwest will.

I'm hoping you have this topic set to email notification because I'm doubting there would have been any contact between us otherwise. There needs to be some type of contac between all of these game communities...but...no doubt, this is going to simply reflect badly on the SC community and little thought or consideration will go into future tournament (if the FGC..or 2d I should say...even considers SCV at future tournaments).

http://8wayrun.com/events/ultimate-fighting-game-tournament-8-infinity-chicago-il.215/

This has been here since January. The UFGT website is one of the, if not THE most detailed tournament website there is, and tells you everything you need to know. I answer questions on it within minutes of them being asked, usually. I've worked very, very hard to make this as visible as possible. I'm sorry you didn't know about it until recently, but "chicago" definitely knows about it. A good number of chicago-area residents are registered. Though I can't force them to spread the word, they definitely know this is going down.

I'm talking Chicago SC players; no doubt people from others sites know (or people who just frequent SRK). I'm not blaming anyone for anything (yeah, you made the effort; you just had an oversight), but, like I said, this is the 3rd or 4th time now that there hasn't been an announcement for a major here until about 2 weeks prior and been by an 8wr member with no actual knowledge on the event). I know SC players in general are an afterthought for the rest of the fighting game community (hell, SRK got their topic up 11 months ago, apparently), but there does need to be some type of communication between the 'leaders' of the community if these events are supposed to host and support all these different communities...or shit can keep being fucked up and everyone can go on about their business.

And I'm not telling anyone how to run their events or anything...but I do think, like I said, if these are supposed to be 'big' and support everybody and everyone, there really needs to be more advertisement to the other communities (in general really) of these events you all want people to support. I can hear about such and such a tournament possibly on such and such's stream if I tune in but there's no guarantee that tournament will be mentioned on another's stream every. Like I said, though, it all comes down to all of the 'leadership'. And, even with the event thing, no advertisement company puts up one advertisement in an inconspicuous place and expects people to come out in droves; you keep letting people know and then make the information readily available. How much real info does the event you posted give, even?

Like I said, these are all suggestions. My stakes in this aren't as high as other's so it doesn't matter at the end of the day for me.

The event page provides the link to the place where all the latest info can be found (i.e. http://ufgtus.wordpress.com/, which is updated multiple times a week). At the time the event page was posted here, (4-5 months ago) few concrete details were available apart from the list of games that would be present.

The event page provides the link to the place where all the latest info can be found (i.e. http://ufgtus.wordpress.com/, which is updated multiple times a week). At the time the event page was posted here, (4-5 months ago) few concrete details were available apart from the list of games that would be present.

Like I said, I'm just giving advice. If you (both of you) truly believed that would be enough, the thread would look exactly the same on SRK. Simple fact is that the thread wasn't created here and what was created wasn't even updated. I can say from talking to many of the people in this community who do or once did travel that they don't anymore because of the way the community is treated. As said earlier, you can go on without anymore thought to this as, more than likely, SC and many other none Capcom games will be replaced at the 'FGC' tournaments within a year of their release (and I can't personally blame anyone, with the numbers...of the games). But, if you all do plan on supporting every community, there needs to be quite a few changes and sustains in the way your businesses are conducted...or not; mostly everyone does this as a hobby and no doubt life will go on.

You are treated like everyone else. I expect everyone to go to ufgt.us to get updates so that I dont have to run around to 6 different forums to say things. This is 2012, not 2002. I posted the same thing on a variety of forums/eventpages, including dustloop, tym, and tekkenzaibatsu. None of them seemed to have an issue getting information.

It seems this stems from the fact that you guys dont look at your events page and only look at your forums. There was literally no way for me to have known this without someone telling me.

To be fair, I asked the same question on SRK several months ago as to why this wasn't posted on 8wayrun. Soulcalibur turnouts aren't the greatest, but the only real fault of the community on this one is not having a real need for SRK.

The events page is not, and never has been (and should never be) a replacement for traditional forum threads.

I'm a casual SCV player and I've been aware of UFGT8 and that it would have SCV for probably 4 months now...

I heard of UFGT8 a few months ago when I was in Texas.

In the meantime, it looks like I'll be busy this weekend (going to the Sunday Cubs/Sox game with the girlfriend), but I'll be attending the tournament as a spectator, so hopefully I'll meet many of you there and we can get some casuals in :)

ggs chi peeps,

I want to come up and get at least 1 practice session in june against you guys before evo. We should plan a weekend gathering sometime.

Back