Technical Details

mikosu

Goderator of pink hearts
Thanks to IdleMind we're now able to know more details about SC4's system. I will compile info here as I find it. (Will throw in known things as well.)

Standard throws
  • 16 frame break window
  • Early break occurs if you break from frames [1-6]. Leaves you at +3. (Will verify)
  • Neutral break occurs if you break from frames [7-13]. Leaves both characters at 0.
  • Late break occurs if you break from frames [14-16]. Leaves you at {will test}.
  • Only the first input is accepted when you attempt to break a throw, including K.
  • With multiple-button binds A supercedes all other buttons in breaking. Then B. Example: A+B+K counts as an A break. B+G counts as a B break.

Guard Impacts
  • GIs are active from frames [2-?].
  • A successful regular GI (6G/3G) gives 20 frames where the opponent can ONLY re-GI.
  • A successful JI gives 30 frames where the opponent can ONLY re-JI.

Command throws
  • Can not be early broken
  • In SC3 the max break window was 9 frames. This is assumed to be the same for now.

Currently testing if stance throws can be early/late broken.

Standard throws
  • Only the first input is accepted when you attempt to break a throw, including K.

This is big. Great thing to confirm.

It means throws really are a solid counter to 'body' attacks. Getting an i17 interrupt is, yes, weird; I'm saying more of catching opponents in a hesitant situation, where you've effectively reset yourselves.
If your opponent's action will be a kick IF it's an attack, a throw is much less likely to be broken, and it won't be broken unintentionally (the worst feeling). If it's some kind of natural link with multiple Ks, you might trap them in the throw. Even if not, it's difficult to switch the input one is striking on reaction.

This seems late for this stuff to be confirmed, though. Haven't these SCIV forums been up since '08? I don't know how long the game itself has been out.
Well, if it really is the first investigation, big thanks to IdleMind indeed.

This seems late for this stuff to be confirmed, though. Haven't these SCIV forums been up since '08? I don't know how long the game itself has been out.
Well, if it really is the first investigation, big thanks to IdleMind indeed.

It is late but it's not like we have constant access to Namco's code. Idle has seen SC1 and SC2's coding so he's familiar enough with it to share his knowledge. I'm just compiling it so we can be more knowledgeable about our favorite game. Street Fighter community seems to have that kind of info so we should too. There's a Japanese site with SC3 info like throw break windows so if this were SC3 I'd be putting up that info.

How the fuck did he test the break window for throws? Detailed explanation plz. Otherwise i dont believe :)

could you tell me how many frames a JUMP is b4 jumping lows? not a TJ just G8

I am quite positive its 3+ frame but dunno how much those are.

I'm still surprised that some people don't know that if an attack armour breaks then it loses CH properties.

It's also really stupid and annoying.

Back