Tekken Revolution (Free to Play)

IMO King is the 2nd best character in the game. If you put everything into Power, his Death Cradle fucking HURTS. Like HELL.

Kazuya of course is the best character in the game. In fact he's better than in TTT2. Now he can combo 6 EWGFs together instead of 5.

When throw escaping press the button you mean once, mashing hasnt worked since t4 and now tekken on recognises the first button you press.

Am I the only one that admires the soundtrack more?

Maybe that's because I don't own a PS3 and I won't be able to play this game. :(

Tekken series does have a kickass OST. Sometimes I can't help but nod off and/or relax to them.

Mystical Forest from T6 is so soothing. While Fiji Eternal paradise from TTT2 gets me festival-like. Then you have Wayang Abyss or whatever it's called to get me pumped.

Tekken series does have a kickass OST. Sometimes I can't help but nod off and/or relax to them.

Mystical Forest from T6 is so soothing. While Fiji Eternal paradise from TTT2 gets me festival-like. Then you have Wayang Abyss or whatever it's called to get me pumped.
Just the willing to experiment each installment is what I admire about the series. It's completely emphasized in TTT2.

Well my roommate's PS3 died and I lost my save with it, so no more TR for me. Thank you Namco for locking your shit down, those trophies are really important.

Hmm... today I installed a patch (v 1.01 irc) on Tekken revolution
That added a practice mode, different difficulty levels on Arcade mode (each gives different gift points), now player match will have an option to either play with the skills or not and you can now reset your character's skills by using some sort of drink (a mechanic like the coins, i didnt check it but i remember it said the first reset will be for free) and if I remember correct your in-game gold gets returned. Also they added Hwoarang and Dragunov as well as new effects and till 29/7 you receive extra exp and gold...
Edit: I forgot to mention that there are costumes for your characters available for purchace on PSN. Which I havent checked tbh, I dont think Id buy any.

Well, I still have to and want to unlock Xiaoyu and still need almost 9000 gift points to unlock a random char (I hope i'll get Xiao)

Sorry in advance if I misread something from the description, that's all i can recall

Most of those costumes are just items from TTT2, BTW.

Kazuya: The Pimp Suit (Tuxedo)
Lars: Racing Shirt and Pants w/Cybernetic Sunglasses
Paul: Tough Guy Jacket and Motorcycle Pants
Law: Kung Fu Outfit (uses the one with the dragon logo on the back, also has a color edit that makes it look like Forest's outfit)
Lili: School Uniform
Asuka: School Uniform
King: Beast Body
Jack-6: Body Armor
Bryan: Combat Armor
Steve: Boxing Gloves and Shorts
Alisa: Battle Armor
Leo: Formal Jacket and Slacks
Jin: Tekken Force Armor
Xiaoyu: School Uniform
Hwoarang: Tae Kwon Do Uniform (old T3 costume)

EDIT: There's apparently a 2nd set of costumes as well.

Kazuya 2: Tactical Vest w/Armored Pants
Lars 2: TTT2 P2 Costume
Paul 2: T-Shirt w/Distressed Jeans and Boots
Law 2: Racing Stripe Outfit (semi-exclusive, he uses Forest's version which has a sleeveless shirt)
Lili 2: Devilish Outfit
Lili 3: Swimsuit
Asuka 2: Yukata with different hairstyle
Asuka 3: Swimsuit
King 2: Jaguar Mask and Alternate Wrestling Tights w/Championship Belt
Jack-6 2: Peaked Cap, Sunglasses, and Army Uniform
Bryan 2: Appears to be exclusive, as he has his T6 P2 pants with the cheetah camo, which cannot be bought in TTT2
Steve 2: Puffy Jacket, Skull Bandanna, Jeans & Sneakers
Leo 2: Kung Fu Outfit
Alisa 2: Elegant Gothic Lolita Outfit w/glasses
Alisa 3: Swimsuit
Jin 2: Formal Jacket and Slacks
Xiaoyu 2: Chignon w/Little Panda on her head, Kung Fu Outfit for the body
Xiaoyu 3: Swimsuit
Hwoarang 2: Sunglasses, some sort of hat, Letterman Jacket, Leather Pants & Blade Boots

Also, the Warm Up Space looks a lot like the Capcom vs. SNK 2 training stage.

EDIT 2: The "special enemies" mentioned in the update notice are Mokujin and Gold True Ogre. Gold True Ogre has special boss properties such as air recovery during juggles, and Mokujin can be encountered randomly. Both of them give a shitload of money and gift points, especially on Very Hard.

the more I play this game, the more I like it. I love how it's catered to online play, I know this because I have a relatively horrible connection in my basement, yet I can still play decently with folks where I'm pulling off juggles/combos with relative ease. Contrary to TTT2 in which I get frustrated with every slight hiccup of lag + the shenanigans that come along with it. So I'm diggin TR's online very much.

having said that...

I can't believe the amount of scrubs I play. Do they think that they'll really beat me because you use the same two moves over and over?

I've played countless kaz's who turn into devil and try to get that space between us so they can spam the lazer with his red super thigy... like I don't already know my way around it. And I show them repeatedly that it's not a good idea, and yet people still do it... Or the Lili's who do that one chain repeatedly and think I can't punish that. I haven't really played decent folks in this game, and it hurts because I feel that most of those people have written this game off as scrub bait.

but there's this thing with the red super thing that really sets my mind up for strategy. You can't really bull dog your way in because if you're too aggressive that red super will put a stop to that fast. don't know what the blue specials do exactly but the're a fun side effect when they connect. So it gets me playing tekken a little differently. Not to mention, my juggles from T5 are back so it feels like I'm coming home somehow.. it also gets me playing ttt2 differently because of a refreshed perspective on the gameplay. and it's fun retraining myself to work without bound. Can't wait for Hwoarang to come back since he's my main, but being that King is my secondary and still having a blast... I just enjoy this game.

just wish I encountered more players that would spark my competitive wants and needs vs fighting scrubs all day. makes me kinda just want to play arcade more cause i'd rather play AI than scrubby bullshit all day.
Ironic isn't it?

So...no comments on the new character?
0zRdR.jpg

Looks like a costume for an existing character.

Also I was like "Vampires in MY Tekken?" GTFO.

Then I was like "This is a game where bears fight crystaline demons in stages populated by invincible sheep." CARRY ON.

Finally found what Dragunov's DLC costumes are.

Costume Set 1: Jester Costume
Costume Set 2: Military Coat w/Thermal Scope and Formal Slacks

Devil Jin and Kunimitsu are the next two characters to be added into the game, will be arriving tomorrow.

I freaking love Kuni, can't believe she beat out Yoshi. Got high hopes for T7 now

But Devil Jin, WTF? There's already Kazuya and Jin, I'd like to see a totally new style

Back