Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Unlimited

Out of curiosity, for someone who hasn't played Tekken in a long time, who would you guys recommend as a team?

From the tekken wiki:
According to an art book that came with a special edition of Tekken 6, it is unknown whether there is a beautiful woman or a monster underneath the mask.
Well I guess it's not unknown any more.

unfortunately, most of the site is a mess.
I remember the first time I went to that site. I ended up getting a virus. lol

But that was nearly a decade ago.

I remember one site called manji-clan.net where they had this mini-game used to scare people, and it involved Jun and Kazuya. lol

I remember the first time I went to that site. I ended up getting a virus. lol

But that was nearly a decade ago.

I remember one site called manji-clan.net where they had this mini-game used to scare people, and it involved Jun and Kazuya. lol
The minigame involving sexual content?

So... is this thing good?
Did you like Tekken 6?

Not much single-player stuff except for customization.

Gameplay is... Tekken 6 with a tag function. A few new moves, some balance changes. Gr4ph1xx.

People are saying that TTT2 is Namco's favorite, but honestly, SCV and TTT2 feel similar in terms of features and support. I'll say TTT2 is Namco's favorite when it gets 2 patches. Or 5.

Tekken generally doesn't need to receive much in the way of patches because, unlike Calibur, it enjoyed years of arcade playtesting. The way calibur used to back in SC2.

So a guy like me who has NEVER played a Tekken game ever in my life, was thinking of picking Yoshi. But I heard hes crap. Is that still the case?

I guess Im more concerned about more "ease of use" type thing. If hes fun to play, thats good enough for me. But if if is hard to play and is still crap tier, then Ima be looking elsewhere.

So a guy like me who has NEVER played a Tekken game ever in my life, was thinking of picking Yoshi. But I heard hes crap. Is that still the case?

I guess Im more concerned about more "ease of use" type thing. If hes fun to play, thats good enough for me. But if if is hard to play and is still crap tier, then Ima be looking elsewhere.

I'm a newbie to Tekken as well but from what I've gathered watching streams and stuff is that he's at least decent. Sounds like he wasn't great in 6 but got buffed. As far as how easy he is I don't know for sure. He seems similiar to his SC counterpart in that he's a little gimmicky. But I could be completely wrong for all I know.

People are saying that TTT2 is Namco's favorite, but honestly, SCV and TTT2 feel similar in terms of features and support. I'll say TTT2 is Namco's favorite when it gets 2 patches. Or 5.

Keep in mind that one game came out in the arcade and received an update for the arcade version while the other is straight to console, so in terms of support, TTT2 is already favored.

As for patching, I'm expecting the game to get patched to 1.03 because after that they would have to pay for additional patching.

Gameplay is... Tekken 6 with a tag function.

Is that really true? =\ I guess the movement, dash and cancel-everything-into-everything-system hasn't changed either?

And what about diversity? In Tekken 6 you could play everyone with (almost) the same strategy. Is still everything about jabs, a low, and a halfbar (whiff)punisher with the whole cast? Probably yes...

Excited to hear about the other characters (even if they are mostly just different models with the same style slapped on). Now I'll be able to tag team with Lee and Violet, buahaha. And I really wanted Unknown, though I'll be a bit disappointed if she just used Jun's moveset, though it'll still be cool. Sebastien and Dr. B also look funny/cool.

And Miharu is insanely hot. Though you probably noticed that.

Any word on when these characters are going to be released.

Keep in mind that one game came out in the arcade and received an update for the arcade version while the other is straight to console, so in terms of support, TTT2 is already favored.
I suppose. But I remember how much those arcade machines cost, and how they had a limited number of "plays" and if the owner ran out he had to buy more...

I guess what I'm trying to say is, they had Tekken 6, which was the same thing (arcades, T6BR, etc.) and then they went all out with Scenario Campaign. (A questionable decision, but OK.)

With TTT2, there's no real single-player thing that they worked on aside from Fight Lab. And I mean... Fight Lab felt incomplete. The length was a lot shorter than Scenario Campaign and it doesn't really teach you anything.

It feels like SCV's rushed story mode, is what I'm trying to say.

As for patching, I'm expecting the game to get patched to 1.03 because after that they would have to pay for additional patching.
Huh, really? But we never got a 1.03... :[

Is that really true? =\ I guess the movement, dash and cancel-everything-into-everything-system hasn't changed either?
Yup. Movement is still as unintuitive as ever.

The worst part is when you put in the time to learn backdash cancel, and then you still have to learn backdash cancel.

(i.e. how to use it.)

Nothing better than "moving legit" a few times and then getting clipped by a player standing still. I'm such a scrub. ._.

And what about diversity? In Tekken 6 you could play everyone with (almost) the same strategy. Is still everything about jabs, a low, and a halfbar (whiff)punisher with the whole cast? Probably yes...
Pretty much! There's matchup data you have to collect for 50+ characters so you don't get bodied by gimmicks, but the game is still about wall carry and whiff punishing. Except now, you're more boned if you screw up, because of lower health bars and Tag Assault.

I mean, it's Tekken. You love it, or you hate it. You know?

Trip T 2 Has been confirmed for MLG Dallas! (Hope those Koreans don't show up and) Go out there and get some of that corporate money!

The info for the the tournament can be found at majorleaguegaming.com for anyone who is interested.

Back