Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Unlimited

So I just beat a guy with 75 percent win ratio and like 200 games on a 13 win streak. Then I lost to a couple of spamming capos with 45 percent wins. Go figure

Man people don't really play this game do they? For Europe at least, it feels like SC numbers online and if there's more, its not a lot more. I kinda like the game but the steep learning curve puts me off putting more time into it then I'll go on a "Tekken binge". Naturally get smacked down, take a few days break, forget combos. Rinse. Repeat.

So, is Tag 2 gonna be at NEC?

Yep. Winner gets a flight to Final Round.

Man people don't really play this game do they? For Europe at least, it feels like SC numbers online and if there's more, its not a lot more. I kinda like the game but the steep learning curve puts me off putting more time into it then I'll go on a "Tekken binge". Naturally get smacked down, take a few days break, forget combos. Rinse. Repeat.

I think the game should have done more with less. Tekken 6 already had a steep learning curve, and instead of doing something about that, they've compounded it by adding even more characters to the game while not teaching someone how to actually play Tekken or how to use the characters themselves. Nor does the game itself offer any incentive to learn how to play.

I don't mind games having a steep learning curve, but all of the information that someone needs to play the game at a high level should be available within game or tutorial, and one of the reasons why the fighting game genre is still being held back as others continue to grow. And Tekken still holding onto archaic design philosophies is one of the reasons why it's flopping in sales.

TTT2 is great if you've been playing Tekken for the past decade or played lots of Tekken 6, but if you're someone new trying to get into this game, you're really going to have a hard time with this game.

I can agree with ^this. I got tekken from gamefly. I was wxcited to finally play some tekken being that i have NEVER even touched a single second of any tekken game ever.

That shit was way to tough for me to get the hang of it. I sent it back after 2 days.

HOW THE HOLY HELL DO I BREAK KINGS RIDICULOUS RETARDED CHAIN THROWS?

I always mash the hell out of 1 or 2 and it NEVER works. Just by percentages, I must hit the right escape sometimes, probably roughly 50% I would calculate, but my escape success is far far lower than that. Do I have to time it specifically or something?

Are you pressing both buttons together or 1 alone? I dont believe grabs are 50-50s in tekken like they are in SC

No, I know for regular throws you can see the leading hand and break accordingly, but I'm talking specifically about King's chain throws. IDK if the break is something stupid like 1+4 or something, but I'm not having any success with 1 & 2.

Good god, this fight lab mode is so hard. I'm trying to get S's, and I keep having a hard time with it.

The most I could get are 2 A's, 1 B, and 2 C's'.

wombat - if he already started the chain grab, then the break is usually either 1 or 2 ... just keep mashing one of them, depends on the throw and what the followup chain is. on some of the chains, it's 1+2, but there aren't very many of those

wombat - if he already started the chain grab, then the break is usually either 1 or 2 ... just keep mashing one of them, depends on the throw and what the followup chain is. on some of the chains, it's 1+2, but there aren't very many of those

Thanks, that's what I thought, but I have such bad luck. Whenever I'm breaking 1, they're doing 2 chains, I guess. Because I swear, I mash the hell out of one or the other, but he just keeps tossing me around. That's why I thought there must be a timing issue, but you say not.

If you aren't sure and this is a consistent problem, just training mode that shit and get an idea of the possible breaks. Record feature is your friend.

Getting back into this game after a long hiatus. Been using Laws and Feng, trying out Lars, Lee, Bobs, and Dragunov. Might drop Kazuya for Jinpachi.

I've been using Asuka, and her moveset has really changed a bit from T6. Jun has a nice moveset though. Powerful.

EDIT: Scratch that. Now I've been using Christie and Tiger more often. Their combos (including bounds) are actually a bit easy to input this time.

I'm still not good at Tag Assaulting though.

The final time-release characters have been unlocked.

Violet: People have been saying that he is better than Lee because his move properties and combo options are better. The only difference I noticed was that he has Lee's English voice actor from Blood Vengeance for his intro dialogues and ending. His fighting voice is still Lee's.
Dr. B: Still a joke character. His moves involve him reeling in pain, random explosions, and magically ramming into the opponent from Indian Stance.
Unknown: ...As if I didn't have enough reason to hate Jun before. Now she's half-naked and has those stupid purple goo claw moves.

Back