[Texas] The official HYPE thread

In case you guys aren't aware, CW is correct, we are back to standard rules. Custom/bonus/algol/hilde are banned in future tournaments.

Brandon, dust off your X or use Voldo/Kilik/Amy:)

Not really Nori. You can't expect somebody to switch from their main and still enjoy the game. Trust me I know the feeling. I play multiple characters as you know, but none of them make me enjoy the game as much as my main.

Not really Nori. You can't expect somebody to switch from their main and still enjoy the game. Trust me I know the feeling. I play multiple characters as you know, but none of them make me enjoy the game as much as my main.
I have to agree with him on that one.

Whodat, that's because you and Batousai are both cheap players. I know this, you guys know this. And that's ok, but you had to have known all this time those chars wouldn't be around forever, so having a backup is necessary. You have a boss that shoots bubbles and a char that can kill you in 1 hit. Everybody else who uses hilde/algol has a backup at some point. And you also have to understand no matter what I think about allowing them, I really can't, cause let's be real, they are game changing chars.

Brandon was REALLY good w/X in SC2. And as an X player yourself, I know she is vastly different. However, Kilik/Amy/Voldo in the right hands, have near broken tools and are 100% fucked up, this is a fact not an opinion.

Not only are both of the characters at an advantage. They make for a boring match to watch and like you guys saw at Quakecon. People with potential to wanna play and say its a good game throw that out the window when they see how much crap the characters are.

I was playing Hilde since day one though. Everyone I was playing with in houston knows this. I didn't enjoy playing with any other character as much as I did playing Hilde. And I hate the way they changed X. It's not that she's not good. I just don't like the way she plays. I always liked the way Hilde played, but because of one combo (that is completely beatable) no one allows her in tournaments. And King didn't win with Algol either. This is a problem with the SC community that needs to be purged honestly. We will never get respect if we keep banning characters we think are "broken." Like I said before, no one does this with Tekken or Street Fighter and those games thrive.

I was playing Hilde since day one though. Everyone I was playing with in houston knows this. I didn't enjoy playing with any other character as much as I did playing Hilde. And I hate the way they changed X. It's not that she's not good. I just don't like the way she plays. I always liked the way Hilde played, but because of one combo (that is completely beatable) no one allows her in tournaments. And King didn't win with Algol either. This is a problem with the SC community that needs to be purged honestly. We will never get respect if we keep banning characters we think are "broken." Like I said before, no one does this with Tekken or Street Fighter and those games thrive.

I agree 100%.

Also Nori I'm not cheap by any means seeing that I also played Algol since day one, but as you know I do have many backups. I just said the game isn't as fun when I play them lol.

This is coming from the man that played Amy when the game came out. I know this because we were discussing Amy strats from the get-go. Stop lying brandon. You have to re-learn X (she didn't change too much), or re-learn Amy (since i know you played her). There you go, you already have 2 options at this point. Stop being a bitch :D (and i mean that with love.)

Whodat: you knew good and well that you character was up for banishment when the game came out simply because he's a boss. Don't get me wrong, it's not like i disagree with the rules. But for players (not particulary naming just you) not wanting to learn another character as a back-up is not just plain lazy, it's just plain stupid.

Nori:

Fact: CW has only beaten you once in a tournament, since then you've pounded my face and reminded me why that should've have been written in the history books.

Opinion: Nori is the best Cervy player on the planet Jupiter. He must have his epic battle against Titantron, THE #1 Cervy player on Jupiter!

CW: I have no idea what you just said to me, as usual. I'm not sure if it was good or bad, but if it was good, thanks. If not, then eat poo

Whodat: Anybody that shoots fireballs in a 3D game and thinks it's ok is cheap. Many people in TX are cheap. So is Alphamale and he has no shame admitting it. You are cheap sir, just play your other damn chars:)

Batousai: Like we talked about on FB chat, I'll be more than willing to break down any char for you, just let me know

This is coming from the man that played Amy when the game came out. I know this because we were discussing Amy strats from the get-go. Stop lying brandon. You have to re-learn X (she didn't change too much), or re-learn Amy (since i know you played her). There you go, you already have 2 options at this point. Stop being a bitch :D (and i mean that with love.)

Whodat: you knew good and well that you character was up for banishment when the game came out simply because he's a boss. Don't get me wrong, it's not like i disagree with the rules. But for players (not particulary naming just you) not wanting to learn another character as a back-up is not just plain lazy, it's just plain stupid.

Nori:

Fact: CW has only beaten you once in a tournament, since then you've pounded my face and reminded me why that should've have been written in the history books.

Opinion: Nori is the best Cervy player on the planet Jupiter. He must have his epic battle against Titantron, THE #1 Cervy player on Jupiter!

CW, I'm going to point out the stupidity of this post and then forget about is as I'm sure you were just being CW.

I didn't pick up Amy until I got my head mashed in by ShadowG with her at my house. I was playing Hilde and Lizardman then BEFORE Amy and BEFORE I ever played a game with you in SA. This was back when ShadowG was still in Houston and we were playing at U of H with Cox, Zor and Dan (who was terrible then btw, lol). Yes we exchanged Amy strats LATER and then I dropped her because Jim played her and I picked Hilde back up again. As usual, your history is...fuzzy at best :)

X is VERY different from 2 and 3. I don't like the way she plays AT ALL. I will not play Amy again. I MIGHT, MIGHT play Cass but even if I do the game still isn't as fun as it was playing with Hilde. I will probably come to tournaments to support you guys as long as other games are there but if I can't play Hilde I probably won't compete. It's not about being a bitch. It's about having fun playing the game too. My favorite character being banned just isn't fun.

Hence the reason why I have backups CW. I mean c'mon you had to run through the gauntlet of my characters pretty often last year while I was training for mashfest. Anyway I'm not getting on the rules because for all intents and purposes this game is dying. I want you guys to revive it so if that means following the ban rules then so be it.

Whodat: You can read my posts anywhere here on 8way, and everybody knows I do not support the ban, as a player. As a TO, I am trying to abide as to what is going to make future participants happy. If that means they will travel for the game more, then I support the rules. As a player, i say man up and beat it but hey, to each his own I guess. I just hope you both can find fun in another char and still continue to play

I know Nori. I understand where you're coming from. I don't even play the game anymore to be honest. Not because I don't like it, but because I have nobody to play against. That means it's less likely for me to travel for it because I have less practice playing with my secondaries. Although I'd still place in the money if I traveled there because there are very few players there that could beat me legit.

Although I'd still place in the money if I traveled there because there are very few players there that could beat me legit.
Daaaaammmmnnnnn. Just for that alone you should travel lol. I want to see how far you would get w/out Algol nonsense:)

U know I'm deploying soon. So traveling is gonna be hard/ impossible for the next year or so.

If you run one before i go then cool.

Back