[Texas] The official HYPE thread

Mid November. Not sure of the exact date. If you run one first weekend of November I should be able to come. Would have to be a 1 day tourney though. I don't want to have to play on sunday and then drive 12hrs back to Kansas.

It will be a 1 day tourney and we'll do it just for SC4. You are THAT special in TX:) So have your backup ready to go and let's see how far you go w/a real tourney char, not buble sillyness;)

See Nori the thing is I know that I don't need bubbles to win. Algol is just a fun character to play. My other characters are solid and I know that with the way I play I could use anyone and still win against 95% of the Texas players. For those select few that I would have to somewhat try against I have a few characters in mind. It will be fun beating up on yall seeing that you're gonna be paying for my gas on the way back lol.

I agree, Algol doesn't need bubbles to win. He's just a fun character to play, I don't really see the point of banning my Algol and the way I play him.The national rules are fine for majors, but for local tourneys, those rules are just naive and ignorant. The reason our community has lasted is because we cared more for the actual players when enforcing rules than politics.

Anyways I am looking for people that are willing to help Linkrkc go to FSAK this September. GMMA can't fully sponsor him only partially, because they have so much stuff going on this month. So we need a help Link get to FSAK initiative, who's willing and able to donate?

KingAce, I can pay most of the way myself thanks to Quakecon. I mostly asked GMMA since you said they were interested. I'm going to try and start traveling more, so obviously the more money I can save the better, but I don't feel comfortable asking for extra donations (most everyone in Texas technically donated at Quakecon, while I didn't since my attendance was literally a day-of happening).

CW, I'm going to point out the stupidity of this post and then forget about is as I'm sure you were just being CW.

I didn't pick up Amy until I got my head mashed in by ShadowG with her at my house. I was playing Hilde and Lizardman then BEFORE Amy and BEFORE I ever played a game with you in SA. This was back when ShadowG was still in Houston and we were playing at U of H with Cox, Zor and Dan (who was terrible then btw, lol). Yes we exchanged Amy strats LATER and then I dropped her because Jim played her and I picked Hilde back up again. As usual, your history is...fuzzy at best :)

X is VERY different from 2 and 3. I don't like the way she plays AT ALL. I will not play Amy again. I MIGHT, MIGHT play Cass but even if I do the game still isn't as fun as it was playing with Hilde. I will probably come to tournaments to support you guys as long as other games are there but if I can't play Hilde I probably won't compete. It's not about being a bitch. It's about having fun playing the game too. My favorite character being banned just isn't fun.

All I have to say to this is. Why didn't you use Hilde when we had our match last year at Mashfest? You used somebody and Amy. No Hilde. Hhmmm....????

All I have to say to this is. Why didn't you use Hilde when we had our match last year at Mashfest? You used somebody and Amy. No Hilde. Hhmmm....????

Zas. I was using Zas and Amy then. That was my first tournament in over 2 years and my first time playing the game in over 6 months. Needless to say I was a bit...nervous to say the least.

But then a couple months later at the tournament you held in Pasadena I remember using Hilde. Do you remember what the outcome of that tournament was? Lol...

KingAce, I can pay most of the way myself thanks to Quakecon. I mostly asked GMMA since you said they were interested. I'm going to try and start traveling more, so obviously the more money I can save the better, but I don't feel comfortable asking for extra donations (most everyone in Texas technically donated at Quakecon, while I didn't since my attendance was literally a day-of happening).

I'll talk to Cox again, he simply said he can't fully sponsor you meaning pay all the way, but he might be able to assist. Can't believe you got 2nd place in tekken 6, does that mean you beat DevilJim?

Share the love the Official Texas Hype thread at http://www.gmma.us/forum/topic/290

Zas. I was using Zas and Amy then. That was my first tournament in over 2 years and my first time playing the game in over 6 months. Needless to say I was a bit...nervous to say the least.

But then a couple months later at the tournament you held in Pasadena I remember using Hilde. Do you remember what the outcome of that tournament was? Lol...

Yeah. I remember. N e who.

Fuq that u guys need to sponsor getting people out to NEC11 Dec 4th and some of u need to focus on getting down there. It's one of the last major (majors) that still supports us and keeps us in the spotlight alongside T6, SSF4.

It's majors like this u need to travel and support to even have Evo consider us. Prioritize that shit u Texian alien mf's.

Already Doug! lol

I would like to add to the conversation, that Brandon DID play Hilde from day one. I remember cus I was one of the first people to play him and it was before I really knew him. I was like "who is this Hilde that can't do doom combo?"

Just letting u know

edit: Also, I'm not one to talk shit. But this Whodat fellow is talking bad about Texas. I'm sorry man, but without Algol. You won't beat 95% of Texas. If you don't recall, I beat you at the last tournament(mostly because I knew the matchup better than you). And I can name a grip of players that are better than me.

Whodat: If our best players show up, I personally don't think you will get very far. Your only char that gave me any trouble was Algol's bubbles. That's it. Plus w/Link/Alphamale possibly showing up along with Agustin and IceColdEdge.....gonna be tough brother. Gonna have to back up that confidence. Practice up, no excuses, cause I'm holding this tourney the first weekend of November just for you now. You are our honored guest:)

Link: If I have any extra money, I'll do my best to donate but money is tight right now, no promises. Let me see how my check looks the beginning of Sep

Funk: I'm not one to complain about a loss, but I'll let you know that nowhere in that entire tournament did I play anywhere near my top form. You did beat me and I gave you props on that. Just don't get it in your mind that because you beat me on an off day that I don't play much better. I was also looking forward to that run back but you ended up losing to ICE so I never got that. I understand that playing me the one time is all you can base my skill level on though.

Nori: Lol Nori you actually didn't play all my characters nor my actual secondary in case Algol was banned last minute. I really do hope that Link, Alphamale, Agustin, and ICE do come just so I can see the look on your face when they get peaced out.

To anyone else: If you think can please come take my money.

KingAce, no, DevilJim was on the other side of the losers bracket. I went through DVK, Ramin, Jinkid. I would have liked to play him, but after the tournament we all just wanted to go home.

Regarding NEC, prices should fall. I paid $205 for my ticket last year, which I bought some time in October. I'll try to save up for it. Tell 350z to show up too.

Even better! That's super cheap and if I can help can't guarantee it I might even donate like 50 to who is willing to come down even though $205 is cheap.

On that note I hope to see at least 3 people from TX at NEC.

Link don't forget u beat me in winners to. You cheap bastard, abusing the fact I never practiced throw breaks let alone touched that game in a long time. NEC means war lol jk.

Whodat: If you beat Agustin/ICE/Link/Alphamale in tourney play, I will be the first to give you props, cause not many people can do that. And I hope you eat your wheaties, say your prayers and take your vitamins, cause TX doesn't show any mercy:)

Back