[Texas] The official HYPE thread

Fun Fact: DBZ was supposed to end after season 2 (frieza killed and goku about to die on planet namek). Notice in season 1 and 2, they always bring up "frieza" or "freeza" in the US version. Long story short, the 1st 2 seasons made so much money, they convinced him to do a 3rd season (android/cell saga) and then 4th (buu). Creator again didn't really want to continue, so he had VERY little input in GT and that's why GT is hot barbage. Even the movies got worse and worse.

You idiots:

Goku boned Chi Chi...that's MORE than enough woman then ANY man can handle.
Teen Gohan is the best
Piccolo is the manliest character known to date.

And if DBZ is the greatest anime you've ever seen, that makes me sad. there are a ton of AWESOME animes i know you haven't seen

Trinity Blood
Baccano!
Noir
Black Blodd Brothers (currently watching)
GTO
Gundam:Wing

And that's to name a few. I RARELY watch series over 30 episodes. however watching grown men scream for half the episode and squat like they're taking a shit doesn't really appeal to me.

PS: Best Bad guy....Cell and Buu....BY FAR!

Bulma > Chichi

Piccolo used to be my favorite character, but he always followed up his spectacular entrances with getting his head mashed in. =\

Actually CW, Krillen gets the braggin rights for baggin the baddest bitch. Android 18 duhh lol. So yeah. He pretty much wins the women category. I don't watch too many animes no more. I can say that Ive ran into waaay more crap anime out there than good. So i dont really try and scout any. I do take recommendations :) just dont fuck it up..or I'll lose faith in your taste.

I Loved, Golden Boy! and Bakki The Grappler. DBZ still the greatest!

GTO and Gundam Wing are good. Neon Genesis Evangelion is fantastic too. I still love DBZ. I don't care what you say, when that anime was hot, there was NOTHING like it. The story got you hooked, people "leveling up", shit was TOO REAL. ChiChi was nothing short of a pain in the ass, I'm sorry. Bulma looks like she knew her place and let a man do what he wants.

Piccolo used to be my favorite character, but he always followed up his spectacular entrances with getting his head mashed in. =\

QFT, why couldn't there be one fight where he just win and move on? *sigh* i'm telling you, he's the black man of the show....

no respect.

Ok guys, obviously there were good things and bad things that happened at Quakecon and I learned from both. For the next January tourney, I want to know how you guys feel about another free tournament. I'm considering this for 2 options:

1) This will entice non SC players to pick up the game (SSF4/T6/BB/MvC2, etc)

2) It will be cheaper

You would have the OPTION of donating to the pot again (personally, I think 10-20 is fair but if you can't, you can't). I wanted to get some feedback on this from the community before I go forward w/this plan.

I'm sorry but I've alway's been, you pay, you play. But that's the old school me. Now since there is venue fee's, I think it would be cool to go FREE. But charge a Venue. We will have gamers there already, but that's where the pot money would be instead of people donating. I would just hate it if I were to play against somebody that didn't and loose to them. I can't stand that. Free to play, but 10 dolla entry fee. Then have sponsors match what ever the venue fee is to the pot.

Ok guys, obviously there were good things and bad things that happened at Quakecon and I learned from both. For the next January tourney, I want to know how you guys feel about another free tournament. I'm considering this for 2 options:

1) This will entice non SC players to pick up the game (SSF4/T6/BB/MvC2, etc)

2) It will be cheaper

You would have the OPTION of donating to the pot again (personally, I think 10-20 is fair but if you can't, you can't). I wanted to get some feedback on this from the community before I go forward w/this plan.

Sounds good, but will it be in SA? Im down to do that one for show, I might even practice for it to. You have any sponsers in mind? Donations are cool like the past tourny, after all the crying everyone fgured out donating to the scene makes SC seem like a top listed game.

There is nothing wrong w/ free tournaments... It's just that the TO's have to be on their shit.

If you recall, Dallas SC4 regionals was free, we had 45 peeps and got it done in about 4 hours.

Make it free I'm all for getting people into the game... Let's just run the show like i know we can run it.

- I.C.E.

sounds good, but will it be in sa? Im down to do that one for show, i might even practice for it to. You have any sponsers in mind? Donations are cool like the past tourny, after all the crying everyone fgured out donating to the scene makes sc seem like a top listed game.

you weren't there so your post of "after all the crying everyone fgured out donating to the scene makes sc seem like a top listed game". :P

Here's what i think:

I think you still would want to grab sponsors, grabbing sponsors helps TREMENDOUSLY when making your decision. Here's how:

1. The sponsors donations can go towards pots. Thus allowing Venue fees but no charge for tournaments

OR

2. The sponsors can pay for the Venue, and allowing free venue fee and still only charging a minimal cost for the tournaments.

OR

3. Our monthlies that we DO charge full price, Venue & Tournament. Have a portion being donated as a fundraiser for the Major therefore, leading back to options 1 & 2.

Discuss...

you weren't there so your post of "after all the crying everyone fgured out donating to the scene makes sc seem like a top listed game". :P

Dumb bitch I was refering to all the crying about donating towards the pot before the tourny even happened. You just want your name on the pge dont you, calling me out over an over about me not showing up. No where did i mention how this past tourny ended up. I forgot your Mr SC now even though this has never been before Tekkenin your book.

Dumb bitch I was refering to all the crying about donating towards the pot before the tourny even happened. You just want your name on the pge dont you, calling me out over an over about me not showing up. No where did i mention how this past tourny ended up. I forgot your Mr SC now even though this has never been before Tekkenin your book.

Like I said and will continue. You weren't there. You didn't hear all the crying I heard about donating at the tourney. You ain't around me 24/7 so yeah, you still don't hear the crying l still hear. So You shut up dumb bitch! Simple.

Like I said and will continue. You weren't there. You didn't hear all the crying I heard about donating at the tourney. You ain't around me 24/7 so yeah, you still don't hear the crying l still hear. So You shut up dumb bitch! Simple.

Dude you that fucking stupid? Im not pointing you out directly, I forgot that this forum doesnt exist and im tping in nothing right now. I was refering to the forums that people would crying about donating prior to the tourny. I forgot that i had to be at the tourny to read the forums, my fault dude. Didnt know only tourny attendies can read the pretourny forums. Sorry man your right, I shouldnt have peaked into the forums prior to the tourny and seen all the crying i seen.

You guys seen this? Looks entertaining. You know J_wong will win that tekken survival challenge, Im sure he has knowledge of the game

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/aug/18/wcg-ultimate-gamer-starts-tomorrow-preview-clip/

That's so hilarious JD. Pretty much the easiest thing I've ever done! LOL!

Nori: Since we're trying to revive SC4, I think a free tournament is the best way to do that. It just has to be more organized the way me/you/Ice know how to do it. We do that and I'm sure we can get people back to playing this game. I promise I won't doom combos newbies either! =)

Back